Hares Dublin Airport

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isnt the National airline Hare Lingus ?

Its fooking full of them hundreds if not thousands.

I hope you mean the Hares Peter.

Mosney in County Meath was even better. On the grassy area outside the main gate there used to a "herd" of probably over a hundred hares and they just hopped to one side if you walked through them.

Then Mosney was turned into an immigrant camp and the Hares disappeared.

Mosney in County Meath was even better. On the grassy area outside the main gate there used to a "herd" of probably over a hundred hares and they just hopped to one side if you walked through them.

I heard its empty now si hooefull they make a come back.

I heard its empty now si hooefull they make a come back.

I hope you mean the Hares Peter.

• Like 2

Most airports have a decent ammount of hares on em, though I remember seeing loads in Dublin. I'm sure my family are getting fed-up with me playing 'spot the hare' out the window, when they are in holday mode!

When i fly out of Liverpool i usually see a few and i can remember pre-ban when we used to run the foxes around the outsides of JL, shining in and seeing plenty of hares in the dark (had to make tracks sharpish after that though).

Dublin airport is rotten with them!! I put a topic up here a few years back about them. I was flying Dublin to London weekly and couldn't count the amounts of em I'm see when taking off and landing! I bet there ain't many buzzards up around there because if it was anything like around me they would clear the place of everything!! Fookers are everywhere around here pheasants and hare numbers are dropping big style and buzzard numbers seem to be goin up pretty quickly.

Spot on Fox Digger. IMO too the buzzard is the main reason in the decline in hares nowadays.

Chemicals on the land was a concern 40 years ago but there was always plenty of hares. The fox, the lurcherman and the coursing clubs have always been there too but the decline in hare numbers coincided with the rise in buzzard numbers.

Mind you, 70 or 80 hares in a place as big as Dublin airport is hardly being rotten with them.

30 years ago if you took most places of the same acreage as there there would probably have been the same number of hares.

• Like 2

Most airports have a decent ammount of hares on em, though I remember seeing loads in Dublin. I'm sure my family are getting fed-up with me playing 'spot the hare' out the window, when they are in holday mode!

When i fly out of Liverpool i usually see a few and i can remember pre-ban when we used to run the foxes around the outsides of JL, shining in and seeing plenty of hares in the dark (had to make tracks sharpish after that though).

Funny enough, years ago when we used to fly into Liverpool for the Waterloo Cup we used to remark on the amount of hares and grey partridge that used to be on their runways.

• Like 1