Greyhounds

sent him a pm already bird.nice marathon runner about 26tts lovely but why aint more doing it.?

he deff got some good stock there ,my dog Buck , his sire Razzmatzz big distance greyhound, Buck fast and good stamina , razz deff injected quality in to a lurcher :yes: . regards in pure form greyhounds, never ran one like a lurcher, there speed might be there down fall , more so lamping running 35-40 mph in the dark it would be heart in your mouth job deff with greyhound :huh:

razzmatzz still about.?heard good things about him off d platts got to be 5/6 years ago now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the lads asking,YES,RAZZMATAZZ is still about,he,s lying with his feet in the air on my sofa as I type,lol From the stuff I've seen and heard about,he's suppose to be throwing some descent animal

i've read the replys and understand that i will end up with a bitch that can't turn,has no stamina and will either have to be retired after 1 season with foot injurys or will possibly die after a nast

I remember that big hearted little bitch, Cashel's Evening was her name

Posted Images

Iv seen lurchers that couldnt be that much slower than a full grey, and aye yer heart beats a bit faster and its exciting go watch, but they do as well as slower dogs once they can control there speed

true that :thumbs: , i seen one night a pit x grey x saluki x whippet xgrey bitch run, bloody hell was it quick , it hit the rabbits on the straight run, very impressive to watch, very quick dog :yes:

sent him a pm already bird.nice marathon runner about 26tts lovely but why aint more doing it.?

he deff got some good stock there ,my dog Buck , his sire Razzmatzz big distance greyhound, Buck fast and good stamina , razz deff injected quality in to a lurcher :yes: . regards in pure form greyhounds, never ran one like a lurcher, there speed might be there down fall , more so lamping running 35-40 mph in the dark it would be heart in your mouth job deff with greyhound :huh:

razzmatzz still about.?heard good things about him off d platts got to be 5/6 years ago now.

think so , he is in wales , he served fair few bitches :yes: max will know more about him .

yes it had a toe off pretty sharpish.

The old fella used to rear greyhounds for coursing and racing and used them to hunt as well.

Incidentally he hated lurchers called them lazy fuckers lol

Some done well for a while.

Try it let us know how you get on . I am willing to be proved wrong as I admire the greyhound

• Like 1

Seen a greyhound bitch that was a track bitch week in week out. And lamped inbetween retrieved live to hand and caught rabbit and hare for fun. Think she just a one of though because seen a few other greyhounds run and really overshoot prey and loose some considerable ground. But they where ex track too. So maybe from a pup should be OK.

Greyhounds are fantastic dogs the fastest dog on earth and high prey drive, and there lies the problem, injuries, and a liability when around small dogs that run away, seen a few that were dodgy around sheep, it would not be my choice as a working dog, realistically how many pures are worked off the track and that answers your question.

Me and lurcher1/stewie used to have one he originally got him from a rescue at about 9/10 months as he injured his hock as a pup he was from good stuff as well and he was a pleasure to own would tackle anything now I don't know whether the injury slowed him down enough to be able to see that bit of danger in time or just lucky but he put some good purpose bred dogs to shame

• Like 2

Get a pup from Staying or Marathon lines if possible.

If you go see a litter get one of the smaller dogs or bitches.

I'd prefere a bitch 56-64 lbs

Or a dog 60-72 lbs

Any dog over 80lbs would prob struggle to turn.

Feed well and give freedom from a pup letting them see different types of land learning as they go and they will offer some fun.

As said they will have plenty drive and should tackle anything .

I don't think there are specific staying lines, a good stayer needs to be open class at 525/550/575, I gave this fella private sprint trial (Same box as 850) Shelbourne a few days before he won the marathon .01 off the tr, his sprint time would have won most open races, I laid it on at 8 & 9/1 as I reckoned Ballyregan Bob wouldn't have caught him he'd be so far ahead at the 3rd bend. If I was breeding lurchers from a Greyhound I'd use a bitch who was a consistent winner of lower grade distance races, some of them would keep going for a few km

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=2P6-RH&d=drominboy+jet&x=25&y=10

Edited by Sean Hartigan

At the end of the day the greyhound has been bred to catch game for thousands of years and has been running hares for many years more in this country than the saluki hybrids in modern times, and what a spectacle they are, full throttle and really have a go. I have heard plenty of times they would make light work of old reynard. In the states they use them for coyotes, not sure how there lines would fair compared to ours, Like people have said they don't have the most self preservation so have been known to injure themselves, but if your careful and get the right one who knows?

I would imagine it's going to be full on running a pure bred if that's your thing go for it, not sure how stamina wise on a nights lamping they would compare to a good lurcher even if it was a marathon bred dog.

To be truthful mate I'm not right up on what's what and what's not at the mo.

Where abouts are you based ?

somerset but would travel anywhere.a bloke who comes to my work has racing greys and i always try and have a chat with him.apparently he's very good(he told me that)travels all over the country to race.not sure what distance they race at but if it's distance runner could i source a pup from him considering the time between 1st and last at a greyhound race is only a second.what might be considered slow to race would still be the fastest dog i've seen.

is this dog razmattz the same one that used to be advetised in back of ed/r for stud looked to be nice stamp of animal.

is this dog razmattz the same one that used to be advetised in back of ed/r for stud looked to be nice stamp of animal.

yes mate, thats him, he big strong greyhound , that put good wind,speed, guts in your lurcher , i am very happy with my dog, and heard other lads are happy with there lurchers :thumbs: