Pheasant Shooting With An Air Gun

Shot plenty of pheasants with a 12ft/lb gun. Like most things you hit the head neck or lungs it's coming down. Allways took me old dog when I was on the birds. All taken legally in the day on permission.

668DC795-57F6-4692-A27D-3B256FA0829D_zps

Those Simmons optics. So wish I had one.

Think its the granite look.

Had aloft of guns but that was one of the best setups I've ever owned shot a HELL of a lot of game with that gun only thing I never shot with it were rabbits or hares anything else upto geese were fair game

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why ruin a breast with pellet,headshot every time.

I headshoot a pheasant now and again with my FAC HW80 .22.   23 ft/lbs does a humane job. I have permission from my farmer to take the odd one for the pot now and again in exchange for the numbers o

It nice being able to sneak up to a truly wild pheasant and head shot it with a airgun , but theres no skill involved shooting somebody else,s birds just out the pen with no tails

If I want a Pheasant for the pot and I am on land where I am allowed to take them, which is pretty much all my permissions bar a couple, then I will take one simple as that, a head or neck shot is really the only shot to take,as hitting a vital organ with a tiny pellet is very hit and miss,and I would suggest 8/10 would be runners, but a head or neck shot kills instantly.

• Like 1

keeper asks me every year when season is coming to an end to cull as many cockbirds as I can with air rifle - in 10 yrs + ive only killed about 6 lol I just cant bring myself to killing many that just saunter past you like a farmyard chicken lol -head shots only lads= clean humane kills ----saying all that I used to drop a few with the catty as a lad [young and foolish]

• Like 1

I`ve had one or two walk past me when hide shooting with air rifles.

Nothing is reared in my parts, they are truly wild.

I`ve taken them with my shot guns on the wing and my young GSP is on his first season this winter.

A 12 ft/lb air rifle would "easily take a pheasant" with head shot only and in the right hands.

• Like 1

I`ve had one or two walk past me when hide shooting with air rifles.

Nothing is reared in my parts, they are truly wild.

I`ve taken them with my shot guns on the wing and my young GSP is on his first season this winter.

A 12 ft/lb air rifle would "easily take a pheasant" with head shot only and in the right hands.

Not yours then Mark :D

• Like 1

They can be taken with a decent .177 carbine from a car window when they on the verge, so I been told.

followed by a police visit later that day................so i been told :whistling:
Wifes car ;)
mine was works van,sign writing gave me away lol
  • Like 2