Taking The Piss To A Whole New Level.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am defo phoning them tomorrow im going to tell them im looking for a hare coursing dog and something that will take deer on the lamp ill let you know what they say tomorrow night would ring now but

thats Sock's fault, he's obsessed with the little buggers

The canine equivalent of alcohol free wine! I wonder if they sell rabbit friendly ferrets?

There's a 2 year old on there now for £950.

I won't put up a link as it may be someone's on here lol. But it's got all the names .

Yes but its probably got exceptionally lower than average prey drive and lower gear ratios to keep acceleration and pace to amanageable levels to ensure no nasty accidents like actually catching something. Those qualities they have been line breeding for years to achieve shoud lower the price! as most of the puppy peddlers on here seem to achieve those qualities without even trying.The in built toilet training capabilities my dog has them he just pisses anywhere and dont get me started on his social capabilities and lack of prey drive, f**k it litter coming when get a bitch with similar qualities. large deposits taken to ensure your on the list of vetted potential owners.

• Like 2

forget the price for a minute, its no more than any pedigree pets are going for and if folk are dumb enough t pay it thats their business

if you bred a litter of workers, would you want them going to bunny hugger pet homes? think how many runners you see which dont even get off the lead because the pet owners worry that they will run off hunting. how many hunting dogs spend a life of frustration from not being allowed to work? but pet people still buy lurchers because they like them, not because they understand their requirements, to work hunt run etc go round any of the shows, how many of them dogs ever see a rabbit?

let the pet people have their rubbish, the dogs will be happier than if the same people bought working dogs. and let us keep our hunting dogs separate, much kinder all round

• Like 1

Looking at it from a different perspective it's rather a bold claim. Similar to advertising terriers that are guaranteed to go to ground or lurcher pups that will HJKC. The house training thing maybe relevant. I have struggled in the past keeping dogs in the house because it's alien to them and not been part of the selection process behind their breeding. But eventually the penny drops.

But little prey drive ? I would question that. And be surprised if it's true. Those pups will want to chase and catch. It will be there in them just under the surface and appear if the new owners aren't educated about it or know how to avoid it happening.

• Like 2

Looking at it from a different perspective it's rather a bold claim. Similar to advertising terriers that are guaranteed to go to ground or lurcher pups that will HJKC. The house training thing maybe relevant. I have struggled in the past keeping dogs in the house because it's alien to them and not been part of the selection process behind their breeding. But eventually the penny drops.

But little prey drive ? I would question that. And be surprised if it's true. Those pups will want to chase and catch. It will be there in them just under the surface and appear if the new owners aren't educated about it or know how to avoid it happening.

Good point there. How many dogs/pups, of whatever breeding, have little or no hunting/prey drive? Practically none. When I was growing up, loads of lads my age, or a bit older, had mongrels/pets that u couldn't stop hunting if you tried! And that would be dogs/pets with very little sighthound, if any, in them.

Plain facts are, most dogs, of whatever type/breed, will want to work

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

Duckin disgraceful. From my point of view, as a non-hunter who yet enjoys living with a tall skinny long-nosed hound, there are plenty around, (discards from you hunting peeps) for those of us who appreciate the joy of a running dog, and have a home to offer them. People who breed surplus are c**ts. Simples.

Duckin disgraceful. From my point of view, as a non-hunter who yet enjoys living with a tall skinny long-nosed hound, there are plenty around, (discards from you hunting peeps) for those of us who appreciate the joy of a running dog, and have a home to offer them. People who breed surplus are c**ts. Simples.

That's another way of looking at it I suppose lol

NB hope my comment didn't come across as a criticism of yours re general dogs/ drive stuff. Was purely meant as a reflection on people who breed (and, indeed, buy) unnecessarily while there are dogs galore in rescues that will fit most dedicated responsible homes.
  • Like 1

NB hope my comment didn't come across as a criticism of yours re general dogs/ drive stuff. Was purely meant as a reflection on people who breed (and, indeed, buy) unnecessarily while there are dogs galore in rescues that will fit most dedicated responsible homes.

No offence taken :thumbs: . I just find it hard to believe that anyone, including the people that put that ad up, don't realise that almost any dog of any breeding will want to hunt, particularly with hound, spaniel, terrier or sighthound blood in them. And that list will more than likely be the majority of dogs owned in this country. Dogs are hunters, simple :thumbs: