Taking The Piss To A Whole New Level.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am defo phoning them tomorrow im going to tell them im looking for a hare coursing dog and something that will take deer on the lamp ill let you know what they say tomorrow night would ring now but

thats Sock's fault, he's obsessed with the little buggers

The canine equivalent of alcohol free wine! I wonder if they sell rabbit friendly ferrets?

Looking at it from a different perspective it's rather a bold claim. Similar to advertising terriers that are guaranteed to go to ground or lurcher pups that will HJKC. The house training thing maybe relevant. I have struggled in the past keeping dogs in the house because it's alien to them and not been part of the selection process behind their breeding. But eventually the penny drops.

But little prey drive ? I would question that. And be surprised if it's true. Those pups will want to chase and catch. It will be there in them just under the surface and appear if the new owners aren't educated about it or know how to avoid it happening.

Good point there. How many dogs/pups, of whatever breeding, have little or no hunting/prey drive? Practically none. When I was growing up, loads of lads my age, or a bit older, had mongrels/pets that u couldn't stop hunting if you tried! And that would be dogs/pets with very little sighthound, if any, in them.

Plain facts are, most dogs, of whatever type/breed, will want to work

A Ford KA will get you from A to B but you wouldnt put it in formula 1 would you same with dogs

Looking at it from a different perspective it's rather a bold claim. Similar to advertising terriers that are guaranteed to go to ground or lurcher pups that will HJKC. The house training thing maybe relevant. I have struggled in the past keeping dogs in the house because it's alien to them and not been part of the selection process behind their breeding. But eventually the penny drops.

But little prey drive ? I would question that. And be surprised if it's true. Those pups will want to chase and catch. It will be there in them just under the surface and appear if the new owners aren't educated about it or know how to avoid it happening.

Good point there. How many dogs/pups, of whatever breeding, have little or no hunting/prey drive? Practically none. When I was growing up, loads of lads my age, or a bit older, had mongrels/pets that u couldn't stop hunting if you tried! And that would be dogs/pets with very little sighthound, if any, in them.

A Ford KA will get you from A to B but you wouldnt put it in formula 1 would you same with dogs

Using dogs and cars as an analogy, is a bit like trying to make sense of 'whin's' posts.

And most people don't need a massively prey driven dog, for any sort of lurcher work really. Causes more problems and hassle than gives any real positivity or pleasure, in the field or at home.

But I'll stand by what I said, regardless of your analogy, all dogs are hunters.

Using dogs and cars as an analogy, is a bit like trying to make sense of 'whin's' posts.

And most people don't need a massively prey driven dog, for any sort of lurcher work really. Causes more problems and hassle than gives any real positivity or pleasure, in the field or at home.

But I'll stand by what I said, regardless of your analogy, all dogs are hunters.

Its all down to personal choice, and what one is satisfied with, Its understandable why there is so much crap about in the dog world.