The Gun You'll Never Sell - The Keeper

I am inspired by the HW80 thread, a gun I have never owned but maybe one day...

My keeper is a .22 HW35. Circa 1983, I bought this when I still had my BSA Meteor and Vulcan Custom. i used to argue with a friend that i couldn't see the point of having a German gun, believing what I read in Air Gun World/Air Gunner about their great weight and no advantage.

Well.. I bought it off my welding teacher. How wrong i had been. Everything else seemed sub-standard. It wasn't that heavy, but it handled so well. It was very accurate and has been my No1 bunny basher over my hunting life.

Other guns have come and gone, i have other guns I will probably keep, or be reluctant to sell, but this one, shabby wood, bluing not so great, showing signs of wear in the barrel hinge, so what. I pick it up and shoot things. It fits me (or I fit it) and feels so comfortable.

So what is your keeper?

• Like 3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inspired by the HW80 thread, a gun I have never owned but maybe one day...   My keeper is a .22 HW35. Circa 1983, I bought this when I still had my BSA Meteor and Vulcan Custom. i used to argue

Proberly the bottom left

Oh no Phil, what have you done?   .......... it'll end up like a drunken shag with a fat bird - You'll regret it in the morning

Posted Images