Kennel And Run Ideas

fox digger what colour gates or bars aru u putting in them.if it was me i would go with black powder coated saw them in a few yard looks well.

Yes mate, going to go black powder coat over galvanised bars. I'm half way through making them up. Hard to get time for your own work!! If my explanation makes sence then there will be a gate at each side of the small stub walls with the white capping, then a railing over the stubby wall in between the two gates. There will be divisions running from the back of each red brick pier to the back wall and in the middle of the stubby walls. So each arch has two runs 14feet by 6feet and a gate hanging off each pier.....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My setup

very proud of mine ,can wash their bedding while walking them.

Mine.like being said make sure you have good drainage.

Posted Images

I went for wood for mine , as said make sure drainage is good , better to put it to a main sewer rather than soak away if you can as its going to end up getting crap hair and all sorts down there and a soak away will end up blocked / stinking .

My pair have insulated sleeping boxes inside the kennel.

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I've looked at these myself but they didn't work out much cheaper than the solid Galv panels. Not sure how it would work out building your own. But I think I'm going down the solid panel route next with bar dividers and bar front gates. Small wooden kennel inside or a plastic barrel and a decent roof...20E37AB2-2A19-49DE-9E67-D1AFACB83484_zps
Definitely use solid dividers between pens. Don't want a dog getting dragged through the bars!
Dragged through the bars? Do you keep lions and alligators? Lol
It's happened in many a kennel over the years.
Happened to me with two bulls not nice

Killed each other through the bars?

• Like 1

I went for wood for mine , as said make sure drainage is good , better to put it to a main sewer rather than soak away if you can as its going to end up getting crap hair and all sorts down there and a soak away will end up blocked / stinking .

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I've looked at these myself but they didn't work out much cheaper than the solid Galv panels. Not sure how it would work out building your own. But I think I'm going down the solid panel route next with bar dividers and bar front gates. Small wooden kennel inside or a plastic barrel and a decent roof...20E37AB2-2A19-49DE-9E67-D1AFACB83484_zps
Definitely use solid dividers between pens. Don't want a dog getting dragged through the bars!

All my dogs can be kenneled together, fed together by my 6 year old girl, brought in the house together etc. I don't keep dogs which I think might want to drag another through the bars. I know you can never say never but I would like to think I know my own dogs.

Very Niave answer that gaz
  • Like 3

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

I have seen the aftermath of this years ago in a lads kennels ...not nice

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

All my dogs can be kenneled together, fed together by my 6 year old girl, brought in the house together etc. I don't keep dogs which I think might want to drag another through the bars. I know you can never say never but I would like to think I know my own dogs.

Naive to state that I know my own dogs and know they aren't gonna drag each other through into the next kennel. Lol. Okay mate sound.

I know a lad that had 2 dashounds in a kennel and a bishon friese in next kennel one of the dashounds caught the bishon friese leg and pulled it through the bars and held it and the other chewed the leg completely off just under the shoulder. The bishon had to be put down. If toy dogs can do that i wouldnt like to see the mess working terriers or lurchers could do. I dont see the advantage of bars as dividers between kennels when solid panels are available even if you have a bitch pupping she will stress with other dogs looking in at her. A large lurcher would be well capable of making a terrier fit through 80mm bars.

• Like 1

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

Naive to state that I know my own dogs and know they aren't gonna drag each other through into the next kennel. Lol. Okay mate sound.
It's always the ones that were fine together that kill each other in kennel fights though isn't it.
  • Like 2

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

It's always the ones that were fine together that kill each other in kennel fights though isn't it.

I'm not advocating kenneling dogs together, we're talking about lurchers killing each other through 50mm bar panels.

fox digger what colour gates or bars aru u putting in them.if it was me i would go with black powder coated saw them in a few yard looks well.

Yes mate, going to go black powder coat over galvanised bars. I'm half way through making them up. Hard to get time for your own work!! If my explanation makes sence then there will be a gate at each side of the small stub walls with the white capping, then a railing over the stubby wall in between the two gates. There will be divisions running from the back of each red brick pier to the back wall and in the middle of the stubby walls. So each arch has two runs 14feet by 6feet and a gate hanging off each pier.....

cant wait to see it finished.

• Like 2

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

The guy who's whippet lurcher pulled a terrier through the bars thought the same thing ...

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

The guy who's whippet lurcher pulled a terrier through the bars thought the same thing ...

He should of had solid dividers. Lol

P1000331_zpsnwioxele.jpg

Happened to me with two bulls not nice
Killed each other through the bars?

Nope bitch ended up with foot hanging on by a thread and nearly had to amputate was pinned for along time and bitch was never the same, lame and held it up till day she died

I know of more than 2 instances where terriers have pulled another terriers leg through the gaps between runs and either the dogs have hadto be put to sleep or lost limbs. And these weren't idiot kids but seasoned terriermen that know their dogs inside out. At the end of the day theyre animals and one daft thing can set them off.

• Like 5

Sometimes the most placid dog friendly mutt will fight through a fence, something about the physical barrier making them more territorial I guess. I can't see a good reason not to have solid dividers TBH