Travellers Are Back

Had them on our park a week back..I didn't think it was so much of a problem till there kids started bullying our local kids and left a good mess when they left..don't really help there self's.IMG_20160817_190629_zpsg3gmdsp4.jpg

that's just a picture of a campsite, I,ve known a lot of travellers over the years but non of them travelled in campers, there is know where for the scrap to go,

Campers are getting more popular among travellers greyman I have a ford one

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any pics ?

They are scum.

never understand why people are so scared of travellers ..lol says the man that wants children to fire catapults at them . Get out there with your catapults or go a knock on the door yourself ?

The price of scrap may of fallen but nothing major light iron is 60 a ton it's better beacuse there is lots more around but a lot of the time we mix it in with some heavy stuff like girders and anything that looks heavy and weigh as shearing for 100 a ton the money is still in copper and lead my favourite is battery's and collect them from garages etc on s daily basis

well, after all the aggro earlier this year, a large number of travellers are back on the common beside my cottage. <_<

Well go tell them to f-cken move on then..... no good crying on here about it...
Lol he's right.

We had a few move onto a football pitch not far from me last year. Didn't bother me. I don't play football. Lol.

But all the locals were whining and crying. Saying their lads football matches had been cancelled bla bla bla. But not a one asked the travellers to move off.

I sometimes walk my dogs over there and 3 of the kids dads came over giving it big mouth about how dogs aren't allowed on there. I asked them why they weren't so quick to confront the travelers mob handed the week before and they soon went red faced and skulked away. Lol.

Let's be 100% honest here . 95% of people have never conversed with travellers . If you have you'd probably go there to ask them to move .

Most people wouldn't go ask because they don't know what kind of reaction they'd get . People are scared of them obviously . I doupt someone asking them to move would make them up sticks and try somewhere else

well, after all the aggro earlier this year, a large number of travellers are back on the common beside my cottage. <_<

Well go tell them to f-cken move on then..... no good crying on here about it...
Lol he's right.

We had a few move onto a football pitch not far from me last year. Didn't bother me. I don't play football. Lol.

But all the locals were whining and crying. Saying their lads football matches had been cancelled bla bla bla. But not a one asked the travellers to move off.

I sometimes walk my dogs over there and 3 of the kids dads came over giving it big mouth about how dogs aren't allowed on there. I asked them why they weren't so quick to confront the travelers mob handed the week before and they soon went red faced and skulked away. Lol.

Let's be 100% honest here . 95% of people have never conversed with travellers . If you have you'd probably go there to ask them to move .

Most people wouldn't go ask because they don't know what kind of reaction they'd get . People are scared of them obviously . I doupt someone asking them to move would make them up sticks and try somewhere else

That's the point I was making mate. Every dad, brother, uncle and cousin of the football team was moaning about the travellers but wouldnt get together and go speak to them.

But they were quick to approach me 3 on 1 getting all irate about me walking my dogs on the same land.

Lol he's right.

That's the point I was making mate. Every dad, brother, uncle and cousin of the football team was moaning about the travellers but wouldnt get together and go speak to them.

But they were quick to approach me 3 on 1 getting all irate about me walking my dogs on the same land.

It's because they didn't think you turn on them and intimidate them . As far as dogs on football pitches goes , I played football and also walked my dogs on the pitches. Personally I think dogs should be allowed on pitches and even encouraged to go on there. It's a big huge green area that's it used for 2 hours a week. But what really pisses us off was the dog shit left everywhere on the pitch . Regularly picking up 10 plus turds before a game . Embarrassing as well when ref stops the game and asks for a bag . I'd assume that's why they don't want dogs on your pitch . Although if you hadn't done anything wrong their being a bit harsh

• Like 1

Lol he's right.

It's because they didn't think you turn on them and intimidate them . As far as dogs on football pitches goes , I played football and also walked my dogs on the pitches. Personally I think dogs should be allowed on pitches and even encouraged to go on there. It's a big huge green area that's it used for 2 hours a week. But what really pisses us off was the dog shit left everywhere on the pitch . Regularly picking up 10 plus turds before a game . Embarrassing as well when ref stops the game and asks for a bag . I'd assume that's why they don't want dogs on your pitch . Although if you hadn't done anything wrong their being a bit harsh

Yeh I'm sure that's the problem they have here. I didn't give them much chance to put their point across though ?

For the record I wouldn't leave dog shit on a football pitch and generally walk the outskirts anyway. It leads to some nice wooded areas. Like you say it's used for couple hours on a Sunday and that's it.

The price of scrap may of fallen but nothing major light iron is 60 a ton it's better beacuse there is lots more around but a lot of the time we mix it in with some heavy stuff like girders and anything that looks heavy and weigh as shearing for 100 a ton the money is still in copper and lead my favourite is battery's and collect them from garages etc on s daily basis

. Last week they were paying £25 a ton round me, I know because I to am one of those people, everyone loves to hate because I drive round in a 1996 transit tipper with massive greedy boards up the sides and rummage through skips, the loose metal just covers the cost of my diesel, it's all the electric motors, wiring looms and bits of copper and brass inside the stuff that makes the money plus all the good stuff I flog on eBay, I,m also a plasterer so I get loads of stuff from the houses I refurb and just pick stuff up outside of houses on my way to and from work it's a win win for me, whatever the price of scrap is, most lads near me have moved away from the scrap and everyone is into rubbish clearance, as they say we're there's muck there's money Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

Makes me laugh about dogs shitting on football pitches, one shortarsed gobshite approached me when i was walking mine on one, trying to look big in front of the local mums he said dont let your dogs shit on here and leave it, i pulled the doggy bags out of my pocket and said what do you think these are for, and while were at it i said make sure you clean up all the empty drink cans and bottles when you leave. Usually about 20 empties strewn about the pitch after a game, anyway he went off mumbling to himself with his tail between his legs.

Makes me laugh about dogs shitting on football pitches, one shortarsed gobshite approached me when i was walking mine on one, trying to look big in front of the local mums he said dont let your dogs shit on here and leave it, i pulled the doggy bags out of my pocket and said what do you think these are for, and while were at it i said make sure you clean up all the empty drink cans and bottles when you leave. Usually about 20 empties strewn about the pitch after a game, anyway he went off mumbling to himself with his tail between his legs.

the grounds man on my local pitch is a bit of a little hitler and is at constant war with the local dog walking set, it's got to the point were he padlocks all the gates shut and the dog walkers bolt crop em open again, and the other week after another row with a dog walker, the bloke returned with a bag of dogs shit and threw it all over the grounds mans car, it's proper pooh wars down there f,a,f

. Last week they were paying £25 a ton round me, I know because I to am one of those people, everyone loves to hate because I drive round in a 1996 transit tipper with massive greedy boards up the sides and rummage through skips, the loose metal just covers the cost of my diesel, it's all the electric motors, wiring looms and bits of copper and brass inside the stuff that makes the money plus all the good stuff I flog on eBay, I,m also a plasterer so I get loads of stuff from the houses I refurb and just pick stuff up outside of houses on my way to and from work it's a win win for me, whatever the price of scrap is, most lads near me have moved away from the scrap and everyone is into rubbish clearance, as they say we're there's muck there's money

What yard was that ? I use emr mate right on the docks at sharpness

. Last week they were paying £25 a ton round me, I know because I to am one of those people, everyone loves to hate because I drive round in a 1996 transit tipper with massive greedy boards up the sides and rummage through skips, the loose metal just covers the cost of my diesel, it's all the electric motors, wiring looms and bits of copper and brass inside the stuff that makes the money plus all the good stuff I flog on eBay, I,m also a plasterer so I get loads of stuff from the houses I refurb and just pick stuff up outside of houses on my way to and from work it's a win win for me, whatever the price of scrap is, most lads near me have moved away from the scrap and everyone is into rubbish clearance, as they say we're there's muck there's money

simms in avonmouth, last time I went to sharpness they would,nt let me unload there, they had some foreign bloke on the scales who did,nt speak much English looked like the phonejacker he had so much safety gear on, so I,ve never been back, though I,m always up round there as I have a few mates on boats on the canal near it, if I pop upto frampton for a visit I normally have a full load by the time I get home especially if I spend a couple of hours driving round thornbury on the way, I,m guessing your based round Stroud area, from some of your other posts?

simms in avonmouth, last time I went to sharpness they would,nt let me unload there, they had some foreign bloke on the scales who did,nt speak much English looked like the phonejacker he had so much safety gear on, so I,ve never been back, though I,m always up round there as I have a few mates on boats on the canal near it, if I pop upto frampton for a visit I normally have a full load by the time I get home especially if I spend a couple of hours driving round thornbury on the way, I,m guessing your based round Stroud area, from some of your other posts?

I know the guy your on about he's Italian I Thjnk I've been back four times in the past before having the write stuff but emr is generally better price than Simms in general I'm atcily in thounbury drinking now but no I live over by yate at the moment

who is crying? if simply making an observation is crying then we best delete most of the posts on here

for the record, we have been and asked them to move

who is crying? if simply making an observation is crying then we best delete most of the posts on here

for the record, we have been and asked them to move

Thats were you went wrong you asked them ti move instead of telling them to move.