Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

Seems like the "working mans" party is just as bad as the torys......they are all the same beast lads, they just ware a different colour rosette ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

Seems like the "working mans" party is just as bad as the torys......they are all the same beast lads, they just ware a different colour rosette ;)

Way I see it you can either get stuck in and try to change things or you can stand on the sidelines moaning.

I've always been more of a doer ;)

I'll start doing something for them when they start doing something for me!

The right to vote, the NHS, child labour laws, workers rights, statutory sick pay, free schooling for all children, the minimum wage, the state pension, the 40 hour week etc etc

All achieved when the workers mobilised and united with politicians. Things that are slowly being taken away be a succession of Tory and Red Tory governments. Corbyn represents the first real chance to change that in a long time and that's why the establishment are fighting to so hard to get rid of him.

• Like 1

I said before that I thought it was a good thing that Corbyn was elected leader, he did seem very different.....a decent counter to the established order.

However, he isn't much good on his own and the rest of his party is made up of career politicians (which of course he is himself having done the job for so long)

It's going to be a very, very long time before politicians represent real people again.....if indeed it ever does happen.

I like and respect your sentiment of being "a doer" BGD but personally I don't believe you can change anything by relying on politics to help you.....I believe you have to do it with in your own community's, social circle, when you meet people and I'm your actions and try and show people how you want the world to be.

And after long enough, the world will turn and the politicians begging for a vote will have to follow the public mood.

People should be setting the agenda, you just can't rely on politicians to do it anymore.......they have been so wrong for so long there's no reason to think they will ever be right. ;)

• Like 1

Democratic dave who was offering to buy people membership for his own agendas lol... I'm only having a laugh bud but I think The 25 quid is far more likely to cut the mischief and fraud out... I don't see you offering now it's 25 quid lol

I said before that I thought it was a good thing that Corbyn was elected leader, he did seem very different.....a decent counter to the established order.

However, he isn't much good on his own and the rest of his party is made up of career politicians (which of course he is himself having done the job for so long)

It's going to be a very, very long time before politicians represent real people again.....if indeed it ever does happen.

I like and respect your sentiment of being "a doer" BGD but personally I don't believe you can change anything by relying on politics to help you.....I believe you have to do it with in your own community's, social circle, when you meet people and I'm your actions and try and show people how you want the world to be.

And after long enough, the world will turn and the politicians begging for a vote will have to follow the public mood.

People should be setting the agenda, you just can't rely on politicians to do it anymore.......they have been so wrong for so long there's no reason to think they will ever be right. ;)

He isn't on his own he's got a core group of likeminded MPs and half a million members who have been working to elect the right people to the NEC to get the changes to the rules that he wants through. No denying it's a hard battle and one that we could well lose but feck it I've nothing else to do :laugh:

I totally agree with the rest of your post pal, real change can only come from the grassroots and that's what Corbyn and the whole movement behind him is all about, getting folk engaged not only at a local level but at a national level setting policy. We want to bring the Labour party back to the days of it being the mouthpiece of the working man in parliament.

Democratic dave who was offering to buy people membership for his own agendas lol... I'm only having a laugh bud but I think The 25 quid is far more likely to cut the mischief and fraud out... I don't see you offering now it's 25 quid lol

I really don't understand this talk of mischief and fraud, the idea behind the registered supporters was to bring in a broader range of views and then suddenly when they don't like the views brought in it's all cries of fraud and entryism. The £25 fee is all about keeping out a certain demographic they feel is more likely to vote for Corbyn.

Edited by BGD

If Corbyn wouldn't flood the country with even more foreigners, push every minority groups issues to the front at the expense of the majority and scrap trident then maybe a few million working g class people may actually vote for him

• Like 4

What we need in this country is more uniting together I.e political lobbies like the NRA. If all hunters fishermen etc clubbed there votes together and all voted we would have a voice that simply couldn't be ignored

If Corbyn wouldn't flood the country with even more foreigners, push every minority groups issues to the front at the expense of the majority and scrap trident then maybe a few million working g class people may actually vote for him

How does Labour's immigration policy under Corbyn differ to the Tories or indeed UKIP? Which bits do you disagree with, what makes you think that their policy would result in the country being flooded with foreigners at any greater rate than any other party's?

How does Labour's immigration policy under Corbyn differ to the Tories or indeed UKIP? Which bits do you disagree with, what makes you think that their policy would result in the country being flooded with foreigners at any greater rate than any other party's?

since when does a parties policies actually have an influence on what will happen? Are you telling you honestly think a labour govt under corbyn would let less immigrants in than say a ukip one under farage would?

Besides I thought corbyns "thing" was he was supposed to be this deeply principled man who would vote the way his heart said rather than towing the party line, hes certainly went against the whip as a backbencher so after throwing his principles out the window and campaigning for in what virtues does he actually have?

since when does a parties policies actually have an influence on what will happen? Are you telling you honestly think a labour govt under corbyn would let less immigrants in than say a ukip one under farage would?

If policy doesn't matter how do you choose who to vote for? Gut instinct?

Corbyn's personal views and beliefs aren't what form Labour policy anyway, that's done democratically by the party and he wants to open that process up to the members even more.

At the end of the day if you don't want to see any immigration or help for refugees and that's the one issue you decide to vote on then the Labour party isn't for you and it's members wouldn't want the party to pander to you. If that means losing elections then well that's democracy.

Besides I thought corbyns "thing" was he was supposed to be this deeply principled man who would vote the way his heart said rather than towing the party line, hes certainly went against the whip as a backbencher so after throwing his principles out the window and campaigning for in what virtues does he actually have?

He's about compromise and following the democratic will of the party, the party overwhelming supported remain so he campaigned for remain while making his misgivings about the EU perfectly clear.

Edited by BGD

I have said for years, if political parties were serious about social mobility, getting people off welfare, having a good health service that was free to the neediest people in society, get serious about recycling, cut personal and national debt, then they would do away with national insurance tomorrow, make the tax rate 10 or 15 % across the board, do away council tax and all the other stealth charges and put the money and the responsibility back in the hands of people.

That way, the "working man" gets to keep the fruit of his labours.

Means test the health care, look after the genuinely sick and disabled, encourage marriage by granting further tax breaks in order to preserve family structures, do away with groups like the commission for racial equality........discourage diversity and promote inclusion and unity instead.

The whole fecking system is arse upwards at the moment.

• Like 2