Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

Good turn out in Merthyr this afternoon :thumbs:

Half of them were ferried in from Cardiff and Newport.

Yep people travel from all over to see Corbyn, quite impressive isn't it ;)

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

And that isn't a big crowd, have you been to Merthyr on a Saturday night?

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

Not bad for a weekday afternoon IMO.

Show me another politician who can consistently draw the sort of crowds Corbyn does...

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

Show me another politician who can consistently draw the sort of crowds Corbyn does...

After seeing the crowds he draws hes welcome to the lentil eating fools for the most part tbh....Waving your fist with a load of activists doesn't appeal to a lot of voters around here, if it did then Merthyr would've been packed today.

Wasn't the reasoning behind the date being changed twice that the interest was very poor at first, just something I heard today?

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

After seeing the crowds he draws hes welcome to the lentil eating fools for the most part tbh....Waving your fist with a load of activists doesn't appeal to a lot of voters around here, if it did then Merthyr would've been packed today.

Wasn't the reasoning behind the date being changed twice that the interest was very poor at first, just something I heard today?

A few 100 people on a weekday afternoon is a bloody good turn out for any political rally, it just seems small compared to the 1000s that have turned out in big cities to see him ;)

No idea why the date was changed but it seems to me moving the date around is more likely to negatively effect attendance than boost it.

Take it you can't name another politician that enjoys anywhere near the same level of grassroots support then :whistling: That's fine but you should say that instead of dodging the question.

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

A few 100 people on a weekday afternoon is a bloody good turn out for any political rally, it just seems small compared to the 1000s that have turned out in big cities to see him ;)

No idea why the date was changed but it seems to me moving the date around is more likely to negatively effect attendance than boost it.

Take it you can't name another politician that enjoys anywhere near the same level of grassroots support then :whistling: That's fine but you should say that instead of dodging the question.

Calm down Dave I didn't realise it was a quiz ffs. I'd imagine wee krankie and fat eck before her could muster a few troops.
  • Like 1

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

Calm down Dave I didn't realise it was a quiz ffs. I'd imagine wee krankie and fat eck before her could muster a few troops.

That's a good point actually pal :thumbs: certainly during the Indyref they pulled some fecking massive crowds :yes:

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

That's a good point actually pal :thumbs: certainly during the Indyref they pulled some fecking massive crowds :yes:

My Dad said Corbyn should've put a donkey jacket on but the students wouldn't have understood the relevance. LOL
  • Like 1

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

My Dad said Corbyn should've put a donkey jacket on but the students wouldn't have understood the relevance. LOL

The press would have loved that, he gets compared to Foot enough as it is :laugh:

• Like 1

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

The press would have loved that, he gets compared to Foot enough as it is :laugh:

Haha I bet aye. My old man said he came across well today but not nothing new he said.

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/04/high-court-to-rule-on-new-members-vote-in-labour-leadership-ballot

The high court will rule on Monday on whether 130,000 people who recently became Labour party members will be allowed to vote in the upcoming leadership election, after a lawyer representing a group of them argued they had been unfairly excluded from the process.

The five new members, making the case on behalf of a bigger contingent who have crowdfunded their legal fees, are challenging Labour over contract law. They say the party’s national executive committee (NEC) was wrong to decide in July that only members who joined at least six months before could vote.

Stephen Cragg QC, representing the five, told the court that Labour’s rulebook made no provision for such a distinction and did not give the NEC powers to implement one.

Word on the grapevine is Owen Smith will pull out if it's ruled that the 130,000 new members do get a vote to avoid Corbyn winning with an increased mandate.

Apparently some rebel MPs have already been putting pressure on him to pull out after his performance so far :laugh:

wj6I3a1.png

Labour beat UKIP in a council by-election last night, obviously with the really low turnout for council by-elections it doesn't really mean much in the big picture but interesting to see such a clear swing from UKIP to Labour.

CpGhGNUWIAAVh2Z.jpg

Not when it's the same 300 lol Hillary does the same thing lol