Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

I heard that Corbyn is supposed to be in Merthyr tomorrow with the Merthyr Tydfil Trade Unionists but I've looked and can't see anything about it. Is he coming here BGD?

He's in Merthyr on Thursday at 2pm in Penderyn Square :thumbs:

I heard that Corbyn is supposed to be in Merthyr tomorrow with the Merthyr Tydfil Trade Unionists but I've looked and can't see anything about it. Is he coming here BGD?

He's in Merthyr on Thursday at 2pm in Penderyn Square :thumbs:
Cheers butt I've been looking and not been able to find it advertised but seen a few on Facebook mention it for Wednesday.

There is no Penderyn square in Merthyr. There is a Penderyn close but that is just residential houses.

:icon_redface: found it. :icon_redface: It,s opposite the Dic Penderyn pub.

TC

Edited by Tiercel

Corbyn is an old school Marxist. He's nothing new and nor is what he represents. I don't hate him personally but I think the people who think he is the second coming are naive/or so young they think he's new and fresh. The man would tax and spend like there is no tomorrow.....

Not to mention letting as meny refugees in as Germany has done.
Aye most of them absolutely hate the white working class...They were outraged 'their' plebs voted to leave the EU. That's all anyone needs to know about the 'working man's party'. They would love to replace people like us with foreigners.
Yep the people who hate Corbyn and what he stands for were pissed off at "their plebs" voting Leave and have been whining about a second referendum, Corbyn on the other hand called for the immediate implementation of Article 50 the morning the referendum result...

He's defended free movement of peope how many times?

That's were he disconnects with ordinary working class folk like myself and the wife who are both in low income jobs and why we will both continue to keep voteing for UKIP.

Corbyn is an old school Marxist. He's nothing new and nor is what he represents. I don't hate him personally but I think the people who think he is the second coming are naive/or so young they think he's new and fresh. The man would tax and spend like there is no tomorrow.....

Aye most of them absolutely hate the white working class...They were outraged 'their' plebs voted to leave the EU. That's all anyone needs to know about the 'working man's party'. They would love to replace people like us with foreigners.
Yep the people who hate Corbyn and what he stands for were pissed off at "their plebs" voting Leave and have been whining about a second referendum, Corbyn on the other hand called for the immediate implementation of Article 50 the morning the referendum result...

That's were he disconnects with ordinary working class folk like myself and the wife who are both in low income jobs and why we will both continue to keep voteing for UKIP.

If hypothetically you agreed with all of Labour's major policy areas apart from immigration would that still be a red line for you? Even if you preferred all of Labour's other policy compared to UKIP's?

If hypothetically you agreed with all of Labour's major policy areas apart from immigration would that still be a red line for you? Even if you preferred all of Labour's other policy compared to UKIP's?

Yes it would as its immigration on an uncontrolled scale that's affected me and the town I live.

Yes it would as its immigration on an uncontrolled scale that's affected me and the town I live.

Fair enough pal we've all got policy areas that are red lines :thumbs:

Immigration is a massive issue for working class and many middle class as well. Everyone I know feels the same way about it and opinions have hardened over the years. People don't want to feel like they are a foreigner in their own country, they dispise what the political elites have done and they hate being called names by a privileged few who are benefiting from it. The problem is that young people from other countries come here with a good education and speak multiple languages and then are taking low skilled jobs like decathlon or supermarkets. While I am full of admiration for their spirit these are jobs the young (and useless) should be taking...there is nothing that motivates you to work hard to get on in life than doing a shit job....so as a cosequence they stay on the dole and give up. Immigration has a huge social cost to this country that politicians never seem to factor in when they are lauding the benefits to this country.

• Like 3

Immigration is a massive issue for working class and many middle class as well. Everyone I know feels the same way about it and opinions have hardened over the years. People don't want to feel like they are a foreigner in their own country, they dispise what the political elites have done and they hate being called names by a privileged few who are benefiting from it. The problem is that young people from other countries come here with a good education and speak multiple languages and then are taking low skilled jobs like decathlon or supermarkets. While I am full of admiration for their spirit these are jobs the young (and useless) should be taking...there is nothing that motivates you to work hard to get on in life than doing a shit job....so as a cosequence they stay on the dole and give up. Immigration has a huge social cost to this country that politicians never seem to factor in when they are lauding the benefits to this country.

Thing is Nik as well as decent hard working forighners that have come here in the town I live over nine thousand Roma Slovaks have come to live in the town bringing untold problems and stretching the social spending budget to breaking point but its the pensioners and care homes that's getting all the cuts.

Thanks for the reply, just curiously do any of them look favorably on hunting? While corbyn seems 'decent' enough I do find it a little strange to see a 28 page endorsement for a politician who has, and is (correct me if I am wrong) an avid supporter of the hunting ban. At the end of the day this is a hunting website. Atb.

Corbyn and McDonnell both voted for the ban, Burgon and Lewis weren't in parliament when the ban came in and I haven't seen them mention hunting in any interviews, probably safe to say they aren't pro hunting though.

It's just something I've come to accept I'm going to disagree with the vast majority of the left on and it's not a big enough issue for me to make me vote for a party that I disagree with on everything else.

Sadly it looks like the ban is probably here to stay for a while yet no matter who's in power anyway, even UKIP wouldn't repeal it on a national level but would leave it up to individual counties to decide if they wanted hunting to go on in their area or not.

Thanks mate, it is a pity you have those skeletons in the closet, you quite possibly could make it in politics.

No doubt the influx of immigrants from the old Eastern Bloc countries caused problems and they never should have been included in the free movement of labour until their economies had caught up with the West, importing them only really benefited the elite. Most of those problems could have been solved with better investment and infrastructure though, actually making sure the benefits of immigration to the economy are felt by everyone not just the elite.

If foreigners just being here regardless of effects on public services, housing etc is what bothers you then luckily you've got UKIP to vote for ;)

@Tat I totally agree mate. Where I live there are new faces....people who look like they've just arrived from 3rd world countries and I don't want my kids anywhere near them...thanks to the politicians white people especially girls are now a target and that's not happening to my daughter...that's one of the reasons we're moving :) given the choice of sounding a bit intolerant or protecting my family I can handle being called names by the likes of Chucka Umuna lol

• Like 3