Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

A thread on reform of the political system could be interesting but I reckon the majority of the responses would just be variations on "Hang the b*****d lot of them" :laugh:

I hope youre not including me in that........hanging's too good for the b******s !!

This may sound like nonsense to most of you (it normally does I hear you murmur) but a very easy and zero cost change to the mindset of government officials and workers that would start a shift back to where government should be and that's to serve not to rule.........I would simply make a rule that everyone in the employ of the state had to call every day citizens Sir and Madam.

There's too much "we shall take" rather "please can we have".........government in all its guises needs to realise that it SERVES NOT RULES.

That simple thing would cost zero.

It would, ever so slowly (like continental shift) start to move things in the right direction I believe.

• Like 2

This may sound like nonsense to most of you (it normally does I hear you murmur) but a very easy and zero cost change to the mindset of government officials and workers that would start a shift back to where government should be and that's to serve not to rule.........I would simply make a rule that everyone in the employ of the state had to call every day citizens Sir and Madam.

There's too much "we shall take" rather "please can we have".........government in all its guises needs to realise that it SERVES NOT RULES.

It would, ever so slowly (like continental shift) start to move things in the right direction I believe.

A little reminder of the "servant" part of their title as public servants would be no bad thing :yes:

I remember a time when police officers and government officials did always call members of the public Sir or Madam, can't think when it changed TBH, gradual change of attitudes I guess.

• Like 1

A little reminder of the "servant" part of their title as public servants would be no bad thing :yes:

I remember a time when police officers and government officials did always call members of the public Sir or Madam, can't think when it changed TBH, gradual change of attitudes I guess.

They still do here. And so does everyone else........I often tell the checkout ladies not to call me "sir" - it always makes me feel like my dad walked in

They still do here. And so does everyone else........I often tell the checkout ladies not to call me "sir" - it always makes me feel like my dad walked in

Maybe I just look like too much of a scumbag to be called sir.... :laugh:

Last time I spoke with a copper he was calling me "mate" and "buddy" and he looked about 12!

• Like 1

Last time I spoke with a copper he was calling me "mate" and "buddy" and he looked about 12!

Guy from the council came to see me today and, even though we've met 5 or 6 times, he opened with "Good morning, sir" and proceeded to introduce himself !

At the supermarket, I asked the trolley collector if I could take one. He pushes one towards me and says "There you go, sir."

Christ, the slave labour immigrants that wash my car even address me as if I were landed gentry !

It's never ending........and just a bit irritating, if I'm honest !

• Like 1

And I'm sure you're not a scumbag, mate.

I say "sure", but I meant "reasonably certain".......... I say "reasonably certain", I meant "fairly sure". Well, I say "fairly sure", what I meant "probably".

OK, I said "probably"........you know what, if you say youre a scumbag, who am I to argue ?

;)

• Like 1

Guy from the council came to see me today and, even though we've met 5 or 6 times, he opened with "Good morning, sir" and proceeded to introduce himself !

At the supermarket, I asked the trolley collector if I could take one. He pushes one towards me and says "There you go, sir."

Christ, the slave labour immigrants that wash my car even address me as if I were landed gentry !

Must be because you come across as a real respectable gent pal :D I'm certainly never treated with such respect :cray:

Maybe it's the fact I mostly wear tracksuits these days and have a cloud of weed smoke that follows me around everywhere I go.... :laugh:

Edited by BGD

Must be because you come across as a real respectable gent pal :D I'm certainly never treated with such respect :cray:

Maybe it's the fact I mostly wear tracksuits these days and have a cloud of weed smoke that follows me around everywhere I go.... :laugh:

I'm a short haired chap of 53 who tends to greet with a handshake, so there could be some truth in that, mate.

• Like 1

The way you carry yourself definitely effects how folk treat you and as I've said before you come across a decent chap on here, obviously that's true of how you come across in person too :thumbs:

Geography comes into it too I reckon, I'm usually in big towns and cities in the south and I definitely notice folk are more respectful with better manners in the smaller towns further north :yes:

Edited by BGD
  • Like 2

Been a good day for Corbyn supporters with the High Court ruling in favour of the members and the Momentum candidates winning a clean sweep in the NEC elections :thumbs:

http://labourlist.org/2016/08/clean-sweep-for-pro-corbyn-left-wingers-in-nec-elections/

It doesn't effect the balance of power all that much on it's own but it's a good start to taking control of the internal structures of the party out of the hands of the Blairites.

Been a good day for Corbyn supporters with the High Court ruling in favour of the members and the Momentum candidates winning a clean sweep in the NEC elections :thumbs:

http://labourlist.org/2016/08/clean-sweep-for-pro-corbyn-left-wingers-in-nec-elections/

It doesn't effect the balance of power all that much on it's own but it's a good start to taking control of the internal structures of the party out of the hands of the Blairites.

Looks like the coup is going better than the effort in Turkey !

Not a very edifying spectacle to see the Party and the leader taking each other to court, is it though ? How do you reckon it looks to Joe Public ?

Looks like the coup is going better than the effort in Turkey !

Not a very edifying spectacle to see the Party and the leader taking each other to court, is it though ? How do you reckon it looks to Joe Public ?

It's not a good look at all pal although in this situation it was the members taking the executive to court, last week was the party taking the leader to court! :laugh: At the end of the day if someone has breached a contract or broken rules then taking them to court is the correct thing to do though.

This whole thing is definitely doing damage to the party's image with the general public, just goes to show the plotters don't actually care about "electability" if they did they would have united behind the leader and membership instead of taking every opportunity since his election to air their dirty laundry in public and undermine the leadership, all they care about is making sure they and their allies are the ones in power.

I think it's backfired on them a bit though, even the folk I speak to that don't particularly like Corbyn think this whole "coup" has been pathetic and that the Blairites are acting like spoilt children.

• Like 1