Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

Hi Dave,,,,Me my Mrs my son and my daughter,, have all stumped up,,,,,as well as joining LP and UNITE,,,, It'll be well worth it to give JC a big vote,,,,,and we'll in on the no confidence and deselection votes when the time comes,,,,,completely disgusted by the PLPs behaviour,,,,,slimeballs,,,,,,time for a team who will respect the will of the members,,,,and support the democratically elected leader,,,,,even if it is Smith,,,,,[urrrgh],,,,,,NB

• Like 1

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

Hi Dave,,,,Me my Mrs my son and my daughter,, have all stumped up,,,,,as well as joining LP and UNITE,,,, It'll be well worth it to give JC a big vote,,,,,and we'll in on the no confidence and deselection votes when the time comes,,,,,completely disgusted by the PLPs behaviour,,,,,slimeballs,,,,,,time for a team who will respect the will of the members,,,,and support the democratically elected leader,,,,,even if it is Smith,,,,,[urrrgh],,,,,,NB

That's brilliant pal, hats off to you and your family :thumbs: Great to hear the younger generation getting involved too

Once again, even though my own views are a country mile to the right of yours, as I said to 'Dave', well done for getting up and doing something about it !

• Like 2

Just watched him on newsnight he always looks uncomfortable when asked about imegration even a fool can read between the lines that Corbyn welcomes mass imegration

Evan Davies also made a very good point that Corbyn, who's made such a big deal about democratic process and respecting electoral decisions, is huge fan fan of the Cuban government......a government that has spectacularly failed to hold an election in 57 years !!!

• Like 1

Corbyn talking about mandatory reselection for all MPs after the 2018 boundary review...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-warns-labour-mps-8464235

Labour MPs face mandatory reselection battles before being to be allowed to fight under the party banner, Jeremy Corbyn signalled today.

The current leader warned his warring backbenchers they could be ditched as candidates following a redrawing of constituency boundaries.

The shock announcement came as Mr Corbyn kicked off his leadership campaign as rival Owen Smith bids to topple him in a divisive summer contest.

MPs fear mandatory reselection will see hard-left activists loyal to the current party boss will try to oust them when the boundary review is published in 2018.

Mr Corbyn said today: “There would be a full selection process in every constituency but the sitting MP... would have an opportunity to put their name forward.

“So there will be a full and open selection process for every constituency Labour Party through the whole of the UK.”

Blairites must be absolutely shitting themselves, they're actually going to be held accountable by their constituents :D

Corbyn talking about mandatory reselection for all MPs after the 2018 boundary review...

Labour MPs face mandatory reselection battles before being to be allowed to fight under the party banner, Jeremy Corbyn signalled today.

The current leader warned his warring backbenchers they could be ditched as candidates following a redrawing of constituency boundaries.

The shock announcement came as Mr Corbyn kicked off his leadership campaign as rival Owen Smith bids to topple him in a divisive summer contest.

MPs fear mandatory reselection will see hard-left activists loyal to the current party boss will try to oust them when the boundary review is published in 2018.

Mr Corbyn said today: “There would be a full selection process in every constituency but the sitting MP... would have an opportunity to put their name forward.

“So there will be a full and open selection process for every constituency Labour Party through the whole of the UK.”

Blairites must be absolutely shitting themselves, they're actually going to be held accountable by their constituents :D

Surely, they've already been held accountable ? That's how they were selected in the first place ? Some of them many times over !

Surely, they've already been held accountable ? That's how they were selected in the first place ? Some of them many times over !

Back to the "donkey in a red rosette" problem, MPs that were parachuted into safe Labour seats and barely spend any time in their constituencies but get elected because their constituents will never vote Tory. Of course that's all changing with the rise of UKIP so it's important to get real local candidates that care about the area and their constituents standing.

If they're doing a good job for their constituents then they'll walk a reselection vote, I think it's rather telling that so many Blairite MPs are so terrified of reselection TBH...

You're right in a way though, this is being held accountable by their local party rather than all their constituents as a whole :thumbs:

Edited by BGD

Back to the "donkey in a red rosette" problem, MPs that were parachuted into safe Labour seats and barely spend any time in their constituencies but get elected because their constituents will never vote Tory. Of course that's all changing with the rise of UKIP so it's important to get real local candidates that care about the area and their constituents standing.

If they're doing a good job for their constituents then they'll walk a reselection vote, I think it's rather telling that so many Blairite MPs are so terrified of reselection TBH...

You're right in a way though, this is being held accountable by their local party rather than all their constituents as a whole :thumbs:

'Dave', I'm just waiting for it to be called a 'purge'..........then I'll know that I'm either in 1950s Russia or 2016 Turkey...and I don't want to be in either of those places !

'Dave', I'm just waiting for it to be called a 'purge'..........then I'll know that I'm either in 1950s Russia or 2016 Turkey...and I don't want to be in either of those places !

The Blairites already are calling it a purge :laugh:

At the end of the day the current MP will automatically be on the ballot and their CLP will make a democratic decision about whether they want them to continue to represent them in elections or not, more like a performance review than any Stalinist purge ;)

Mandatory reselection isn't actually that uncommon, the SNP and some other parties have it and the whole primary system in America is very similar. It can only be a good thing IMO, encouraging MPs to actually give a shit about their constituencies between elections rather than staying in the Westminster bubble.

• Like 1

Just watched him on newsnight he always looks uncomfortable when asked about imegration even a fool can read between the lines that Corbyn welcomes mass imegration

+the hunting ban.
and vegan hunt sabs trying to tell a farmer how to run the countryside. Absolute joke, if he ever gets to become PM then I hope the military comes to our aid and oust the whole lot

+the hunting ban.
and vegan hunt sabs trying to tell a farmer how to run the countryside. Absolute joke, if he ever gets to become PM then I hope the military comes to our aid and oust the whole lot

That is all you need to know to work out he is not fit to lead the country.

But I hope he does win the leadership as he was voted in by the members and seems there are factions trying everything to get him out plus the party seems to deserve him.

• Like 1

+the hunting ban.

He will never become the leader of the country as he wont listen to the concerns of ordinary working class folk regarding immigration and that was proved in the referendum were even strong labour working class area's took no notice of Corbyn and voted leave.

• Like 1