Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

Them scumbags with the SWP placards are saying refugees welcome are the real enemy of the ordinary working class.

Hey don't focus on the negatives soon enough straight white males will be a minority and they'll be fighting our corner

Can only speak of the SWP and boy are they some thing else mostly made up of students and middle class trotyskites that have latched on to the working class like ticks on an hedge hogs back.

Them scumbags with the SWP placards are saying refugees welcome are the real enemy of the ordinary working class.
Hey don't focus on the negatives soon enough straight white males will be a minority and they'll be fighting our corner

Can only speak of the SWP and boy are they some thing else mostly made up of students and middle class trotyskites that have latched on to the working class like ticks on an hedge hogs back.

SWP really are like tics latched on to the labour movement, they turn up at every protest shoving signs in folks hands to make it look like it was organised by them and full of their supporters :no:

Back to the latest YouGov poll numbers, looking at all the data one of the most interesting things is Corbyn actually has more support in Northern towns than he does in London...

Who's Owen Smith ?

You're not the only one asking that pal :laugh:

The fact no well known heavyweights of the Labour party are standing against him shows they know they have no chance of winning IMO. The members are taking back their party ;)

If Corbyn wins, which looks very likely, he will have a group of MPs who effectively refuse to work with him. If those MPs then declare 'independence' from him, in a full split, they could then become Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition (by virtue of being the second largest party), and receive all the funding that goes with it........

Corbyn could find himself exiled to the back benches, with a handful of colleagues for company !

Unlikely, I know, but these days, who'd bet against anything ?

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

SWP really are like tics latched on to the labour movement, they turn up at every protest shoving signs in folks hands to make it look like it was organised by them and full of their supporters :no:

Back to the latest YouGov poll numbers, looking at all the data one of the most interesting things is Corbyn actually has more support in Northern towns than he does in London...

I only go on the views I get from other ordinary working class folk who I meet on a daily basis and most think Corbyn is just another left wing London trendy imho in this area I live I think he will be the reason even more people wont be arsed to vote come election time in 2020.

Who's Owen Smith ?

The fact no well known heavyweights of the Labour party are standing against him shows they know they have no chance of winning IMO. The members are taking back their party ;)

If Corbyn wins, which looks very likely, he will have a group of MPs who effectively refuse to work with him. If those MPs then declare 'independence' from him, in a full split, they could then become Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition (by virtue of being the second largest party), and receive all the funding that goes with it........

Corbyn could find himself exiled to the back benches, with a handful of colleagues for company !

You're right in thst the result of this leadership election is in no way going to settle everything, I think it's almost certain there will be a split now but the amount of MPs that actually fancy trying to stand for a new party without the funding and activist support of the Labour party will end up being a lot smaller than you think. Remember a lot of these rebels were parachuted into safe Labour seats where the loss of the party brand alone will lose them 1000s of votes. I can't see many of the careerist rebels taking that risk, of course their CLPs may well force them out anyway...

In other news almost 150,000 people have paid £25 to sign up as a registered supporter. That along with the monthly dues of over half a million members and a few million affiliated trade union members makes for a big war chest to fight the next GE with...

Who's Owen Smith ?

You're right in thst the result of this leadership election is in no way going to settle everything, I think it's almost certain there will be a split now but the amount of MPs that actually fancy trying to stand for a new party without the funding and activist support of the Labour party will end up being a lot smaller than you think. Remember a lot of these rebels were parachuted into safe Labour seats where the loss of the party brand alone will lose them 1000s of votes. I can't see many of the careerist rebels taking that risk, of course their CLPs may well force them out anyway...

In other news almost 150,000 people have paid £25 to sign up as a registered supporter. That along with the monthly dues of over half a million members and a few million affiliated trade union members makes for a big war chest to fight the next GE with...

be best donating that to homeless people or sick kids surely?? Or do the lefty leaders only preach and insult the rest of us like corbyn, blow job Bob geldoff? Edited by Lenmcharristar

Who's Owen Smith ?

be best donating that to homeless people or sick kids surely?? Or do the lefty leaders only preach and insult the rest of us like corbyn, blow job Bob geldoff?

You don't think political parties should raise funds to fight elections to try and get into power and enact change that will improve the lives of their constituents? :blink:

Suppose Labour should rely on big donations from wealthy backers like UKIP and the Conservatives do instead of raising funds at a grassroots level.

Who's Owen Smith ?

be best donating that to homeless people or sick kids surely?? Or do the lefty leaders only preach and insult the rest of us like corbyn, blow job Bob geldoff?

You don't think political parties should raise funds to fight elections to try and get into power and enact change that will improve the lives of their constituents? :blink:

Suppose Labour should rely on big donations from wealthy backers like UKIP and the Conservatives do instead of raising funds at a grassroots level.

the only thing labour is sure of doing is making sure they never hold power again, who trusts them? They've ruined GB , the people would think more of them if they donated that money to our own native homeless people, not foreign shite flys, then they can show they're for the poor.

From my understanding if the party split they will become the official opposition with the majority of mps and take all the privileges that come with it leaving corbyn and his cronies out in the rain. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/what-would-happen-if-labour-splits-a7144666.html

That's assuming all 172 MPs that voted no confidence in him would split off to form another party, as unlikely as Corbyn losing the leadership election for the reasons I outlined in my reply to BlackBriar.

Also assuming they would win the by-elections that would undoubtedly be called for...

From my understanding if the party split they will become the official opposition with the majority of mps and take all the privileges that come with it leaving corbyn and his cronies out in the rain. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/what-would-happen-if-labour-splits-a7144666.html

That's assuming all 172 MPs that voted no confidence in him would split off to form another party, as unlikely as Corbyn losing the leadership election for the reasons I outlined in my reply to BlackBriar.

Also assuming they would win the by-elections that would undoubtedly be called for...

It just seems to me corbyn is dammed if he does and dammed if he dont sort of thing ....it's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out thats for sure..... also taking on all these new members many of what I believe will be radicalist will only be a short term fix but eventually do more damage than good imo

• Like 1

On that last point, can Labour MPs be deselected at any time, or just when a general election is called ?

I'm thinking that there won't be an election until 2020, which might bolster the rebels, if they know the are safe until then ?

Edited by Blackbriar