Alright boys haven't been on here for awhile had a lot going on but I'm in a bit of a situation and could do with some advice Friday afternoon me and my oldest daughter took the Lurcher and terrier for a walk on the way back on a back road a cat jumps out the hedge and runs down a overgrown path that runs behind some houses the dogs pick up the scent and chase it they catch it and I hear screaming run down the path a man and woman chased the dogs off and pick up the cat they know what house it comes from so we take it there together the woman that owns it is crying so she takes it to the vets I follow her there the cat has internal injuries doesn't last the night the woman and her husband are nice to me and seem ok well I've just got a text that they have a £500 vet bill and have been advices to tell the police and RSPCA not sure how to handle it anyone have any ideas please

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish my dogs were as big and hard as Buck ! I know they get everywhere but at the end of the day it's someone's pet

If it's practically feral it's obviously been in your garden annoying your dog and it was recognised by your dog. Silly tart should control her cat, are they using the vets bill to pay for the van as

Maybe i've just got a bad mind,but i don't think the vet charged them anywhere near that. I think they're trying to make a few quid and the RSPCA and police threat is their way of ensuring they get a

I'd be round with the money for the vet bill and a bottle of something as way of an apology, hope that persuades them to keep the law out of it.

thats a good point . Maybe 500 quid is worth paying to stop them being absolute c**ts about it and getting police etc involved . I dont know what would normally happen but id imagine if they layed on a sob story about it the police could be a nightmare about it

As BGD says and plead that ok it was unfortunate what happened but it was accidental and not malicious. If they are real animal lovers tell them what could happen to the dog under the care of the arse.p.c.a as in it will end up worse off than the cat.

• Like 2

As BGD says and plead that ok it was unfortunate what happened but it was accidental and not malicious. If they are real animal lovers tell them what could happen to the dog under the care of the arse.p.c.a as in it will end up worse off than the cat.

Also explain that you'll be more careful about letting them off lead near houses in future, even mention how it really traumatised your daughter and you just feel terrible about the whole thing. Really lay it on thick.

• Like 3

bloody hell why didnt you just carry on walking ,? it wasnt on p.p or somebody's garden , cats get every feckin where , my big dog killed couple cats , last one was clamped on his head, he just pushed his head down then bit it and killed it . ok if your dog chased it on p/p then your in the wrong , but if not like with my dog Buck he killed it on waste ground ( common ground) .

Alright boys haven't been on here for awhile had a lot going on but I'm in a bit of a situation and could do with some advice Friday afternoon me and my oldest daughter took the Lurcher and terrier for a walk on the way back on a back road a cat jumps out the hedge and runs down a overgrown path that runs behind some houses the dogs pick up the scent and chase it they catch it and I hear screaming run down the path a man and woman chased the dogs off and pick up the cat they know what house it comes from so we take it there together the woman that owns it is crying so she takes it to the vets I follow her there the cat has internal injuries doesn't last the night the woman and her husband are nice to me and seem ok well I've just got a text that they have a £500 vet bill and have been advices to tell the police and RSPCA not sure how to handle it anyone have any ideas please

Just ring Clive Rees, ive used him and highly recommend him. Atb

I'd have a chat with the owner of the cat offer to pay the bill in full and apologize, Maybe even offer to pay for a replacement cat, as a goodwill gesture ( just my customer service training coming through here ) I'm sure thats what the police or rspca would advise this to, Then you and your dogs walk elsewhere and keep a low profile for a few months.

Maybe i've just got a bad mind,but i don't think the vet charged them anywhere near that.

I think they're trying to make a few quid and the RSPCA and police threat is their way of ensuring they get at least that much out of you.

I'd get the dogs looked after and ask to see a receipt.

It might not be worth the risk for a few hundred quid,i just don't like anyone getting one over on me.

• Like 3

I would just tell them to f**k off put your dogs away for a while incase the ARSEPCA come nosing . The police will do nothing as it is a civil matter cant enforce dangerous dogs act as no human was involved or a licensed animal . The vet if they asked £500 is taking the piss internal injuries he should be prosecuted for causing the cat to suffer it should have been pts,d straight away.

• Like 1

The dogs were on leads but I wasn't expecting anything on a road and the dog pulled the lead out of me hand the man and woman who came out know who I am so I could t just walk off the husbands van had blown up the same day now they have a vet bill as well I think they want the money the cat was given to them in November she told me she only sees it every few days it's practically feral

The dogs were on leads but I wasn't expecting anything on a road and the dog pulled the lead out of me hand the man and woman who came out know who I am so I could t just walk off the husbands van had blown up the same day now they have a vet bill as well I think they want the money the cat was given to them in November she told me she only sees it every few days it's practically feral

If it's practically feral it's obviously been in your garden annoying your dog and it was recognised by your dog. Silly tart should control her cat, are they using the vets bill to pay for the van as well. Tell them you need the receipt for your insurance company and if necessary contact the vet to confirm the cost.

• Like 4