Police Shootings Usa

Have they still not learned to stay calm and not reach into there pockets yet. Nope!! Still want to argue like f**k and stick there hand in there pants. Well that's how you get shot!!

Personally I can't imagine living in a country where the state can summarily execute you in the street for the heinous crime of putting your hands in your pockets.

Land of the free indeed :no:

You do! UK Armed police would respond exactly the same to such a potentially threatening behaviour.

The difference in the US is that all police interaction are of that type.

I was on the receiving end of a stop by armed police a few years ago (mistaken identity, thankfully !)

Rest assured that, with the dangerous end of a Glock pointing at me, I did EXACTLY as I was told !!!

Now imagine that's what it was like every single time you were pulled over by police.

Madness.

I don't think the US police routinely draw their weapon on every traffic stop.

My point is that I ws told to stand still......so I stood still.

I was told not to move....so I didn't.

I was told to keep my hands visible.....so the last thing on my mind was putting them in my pockets.....for ANY reason !

And because I did, no-one got hurt !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Aparantly' huh! Any other facts?   If we're to believe what's being reported he told the officer he was licensed CCW and then went for his pocket despite being told not to and the cop shot. Not bec

It's pretty clear how things go over here. Either who comply with the directions of a police officer or... it doesn't matter which race you are. As a point of fact more whites are shot by police than

Posted Images

Have they still not learned to stay calm and not reach into there pockets yet. Nope!! Still want to argue like f**k and stick there hand in there pants. Well that's how you get shot!!

Personally I can't imagine living in a country where the state can summarily execute you in the street for the heinous crime of putting your hands in your pockets.

I couldn't imagine being a police officer going to work everyday wondering if someone is going to shoot me just because I've decided to pull there car over that day.

7 cops killed at traffic stops in 2015.

7 out of however many million traffic stops across the US. Pretty good odds IMO.

They're now known by their colleagues as 'slow draw'! LOL

But seriously, does that statistic really comfort an officer that has probably never been in combat before when he/she is dealing with a potentially armed and uncooperative suspect?.... I dunno personally.

It boils down to a lack of/poor training at the end of the day. Nervous cop out on his own doing a traffic stop when he's had it drilled into him that it could be the last thing he ever does and they've got veteran officers telling them "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" you can't really blame them for being a bit trigger happy. The whole culture and training of US police needs to change if we're going to see a reduction in needless deaths.

Some US police chiefs have actually been coming over here to learn conflict de-escalation and other training techniques etc from our officers, can only be a good thing IMO.

Edited by BGD

It boils down to a lack of/poor training at the end of the day. Nervous cop out on his own doing a traffic stop when he's had it drilled into him that it could be the last thing he ever does and they've got veteran officers telling them "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" you can't really blame them for being a bit trigger happy. The whole culture and training of US police needs to change if we're going to see a reduction in needless deaths.

Some US police chiefs have actually been coming over here to learn conflict de-escalation and other training techniques etc from our officers, can only be a good thing IMO.

I couldn't comment as I don't know if it's procedural, cultural, public education or what. There ain't an easy solution.

Edited by Born Hunter

I couldn't comment as I don't know if it's procedural, cultural, public education or what. There ain't an easy solution.

I'd say it's probably a mixture of all the above pal. Definitely no easy or quick solutions and the escalating BLM movement is just going to push things in the wrong direction IMO :no:

Segregation on Racial lines turn the clock back 50 years that will solve the problem ffs.

So this bullshit narrative,and flying in the face of nature is more important than human life?

More innocent police and minorities will be killed this year because multi-racial societies never work in the long run,they'll pay the price for this delusional fantasy.

Stop the hate,segregate.

:bye:

I couldn't imagine being a police officer going to work everyday wondering if someone is going to shoot me just because I've decided to pull there car over that day.

7 out of however many million traffic stops across the US. Pretty good odds IMO.

Pretty shit odds in my opinion, try telling that they're good odds to their families.

Pretty shit odds in my opinion, try telling that they're good odds to their families.

What about the families of innocent folk executed at traffic stops?

What about the families of innocent folk executed at traffic stops?

Then the police should be prosecuted and jailed like some already have just like police killers should be.

Look at the age demographic of those shot mainly young males. Now we all know that young males can have attitude and arrogance by the bucketful.

Now that is definitely not an excuse to shoot somebody but if people don't comply and behave in a manner towards police that makes already agitated police more nervous there is more chance that poorly trained/scared police will shoot.

If an armed police officer stopped me and he had his gun out I wouldn't be doing anything to give him an excuse to shoot.

You do! UK Armed police would respond exactly the same to such a potentially threatening behaviour.

He was pulled for having a broken rear light, hardly threatening if you ask me.

Don't act daft. He wasn't shot because of his bust tail light.

Would you be more nervous about stroking a strange dog or a strange cat ?.........that's life I'm afraid.

Because you don't stroke the dog it don't make you "dog-ist" it's just means you are aware there more chance it will bite you.

If the US go down this race card road with their police they will end up like us with a load of weak as piss part time tax collectors scared to say boo to a goose spending their time hassling motorists for a bald tyre !

• Like 2

No just for the documents that he was asked to produce apparently?

I find it so strange when libertarians are so comfortable with the idea of the state holding the ultimate power over the citizens. Agents of the state being allowed to commit summary executions in the street if they feel a bit uncomfortable with the person they're detaining should be the sort of thing they're against I would have thought.

Guess it's the ultimate "I'm alright Jack", they know it's incredibly unlikely to happen to them because they're not young males living in the bad part of town so they're ok with it. Not very ideologically consistent though.

No just for the documents that he was asked to produce apparently?

'Aparantly' huh! Any other facts?

If we're to believe what's being reported he told the officer he was licensed CCW and then went for his pocket despite being told not to and the cop shot. Not because he had a broken tail light and not because he was complying with the officer, because he specifically didn't comply and posed a threat. That's the deal in the US, it might not be good or right or whatever but let's not act dumb and emotional and make out that the cop slugged him for the crack when frankly there's little facts actually available to make a judgement. In fact the unconfirmed reports suggest the opposite!

• Like 6