Going Agains The Grain ......

We all know it's a gamble picking a pup and with the best breeding in the world and an expert eye for that canny whelp you still need a modicome of luck to produce what you want as the end result and that's why when we pick a pup we have a set of boxes in our heads that we tick off to try and get the best we can ... Its even more important for me as my dogs are what pay my mortgage and put food on my table so picking the right pup for me is paramount ... Now for some reason and I can't quite understand why I've thrown all my tick boxes out of the window ... There is an obvious pup here that I should be keeping ... A big red bitch ... Very forward ... fantastic coat ...strong bone ... Calm temperament ... Fukc me she was even born on my lap lol ... BUT there is a small grey merle bitch that keeps catching my eye and I don't know why but there is just something about her ... She is just about the smallest pup in the litter and I know when fully grown she is not going to be anything special to look at compared to the red bitch that is going to be a very handsome dog indeed but my gut keeps telling me that she is the one I should be keeping ... Decisions decisions decisions .........

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep the 2 and decide at a later date which one you will keep long term once you get to know them better

Some good answers on this thread and its interesting to see how people think ... Yeah tilly and ruby are litter sisters and are roughly the same size Tilly is just the better worker :-) ... With the

go with your gut bud you got pup for a long time & if theres that something special that catches your eye you'll probably bond better?? Imo. Atb

Ticked boxes always go out the window with me and my gut feeling goes forward , I don't think I would be able to settle if I went against my gut feeling . I'm sure you will go with what seems right for you atvb in choosing socks ?

Socks.... if you've got the room and time that would be the obvious way to go by running the pair on until there perhaps 5 month old or so.

Has you know well enough they change so much week by week if not by the day :blink: so just the 2 of them together once there littermates have flew the nest, it's then that you will be able to judge there character and temperament more closely.

Best of luck whatever you choose :thumbs:

How big is the difference in size socks ,was there much size difference between the parents?

If not, I should imagine both will do the job you need?

What size do you need or expect?

How big is the difference in size socks ,was there much size difference between the parents?

If not, I should imagine both will do the job you need?

What size do you need or expect?

There's only a 1/2 inch difference in parents size but the red pup is double the size of the merle .....

go with your gut bud you got pup for a long time & if theres that something special that catches your eye you'll probably bond better?? Imo. Atb

That's my train of thinking .....

Yep, gut for me too. Better to go with that than spending years wondering what if...

Whatever decision you make, make it and never look back. I know you know but put all your efforts into your choice and feck whatever else anyone has or does with their pups.

"Thou shalt not covert thy neighbours mutt"... ;)