Britain Exit, Or Whatever...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seem to forget the EU wants us IN, that is simply because they want more from us than we want from them.   The EU also makes life difficult to trade with the outside world NOW when we are in, it

I am a hard working English man. Look out for our own that's all I'll say.

Let me think about this for a second OUT We have never been part of Europe ,most of Europe hate us any way ,they only want us to stay in for MONEY and that's all This government has said nothing

Well you may be right, but I think it is similar to comparing fishing in the in a farm pond with fishing in stocked commercial lake. So many things are different such as geography, demographics, infrastructure, GDP, etc and so I don't think that comparing them on a equal or even proportional basis works.

As the OP says we are not being given any decent information from either side and so it is very difficult for the undecided to make an informed a decision. On a side note I have some relatives in Scotland and they claim that most people there want to stay in. However I am sure how representative this is.

I don't think so, I rather think its like the Prisoner serving WHOLE LIFE with NO CHANCE of parole, and being told not only does he have to support himself but he has to pay for all the rest of the prison inmates, saying...

"I'd rather stay in because I know what its like here, but I'm not sure what its like in the real world outside!"

:thumbs:

PS

It seems you also agreed with the population point I made, its isn't a population thing, it is.................

Specific population size has little bearing from what I see, what a countries products/services, ideals, assets, attitudes, etc are is what counts.

No I'm afraid I didn't agree. The much larger population in the UK makes a huge difference to the scale of products/services, assets and infrastructure, etc and so, imo, we can't compare ourselves directly with tiny non EU countries that are located geographically in Europe.

At the moment I feel that if we vote to leave and the government actually follows it through (will they?), then we will end up negotiating a deal much the same as now. We'll still have to pay, (maybe not as much as now), but we won't be able to vote on EU policy. As to immigration, etc, I don't feel it will make much difference, and if we get another labour government, it could be worse.

However don't get me wrong, I am truly undecided at the moment - I don't particularly like the EU as it functions now and agree it needs to change.

• Like 1

Well you may be right, but I think it is similar to comparing fishing in the in a farm pond with fishing in stocked commercial lake. So many things are different such as geography, demographics, infrastructure, GDP, etc and so I don't think that comparing them on a equal or even proportional basis works.

As the OP says we are not being given any decent information from either side and so it is very difficult for the undecided to make an informed a decision. On a side note I have some relatives in Scotland and they claim that most people there want to stay in. However I am sure how representative this is.

I don't think so, I rather think its like the Prisoner serving WHOLE LIFE with NO CHANCE of parole, and being told not only does he have to support himself but he has to pay for all the rest of the prison inmates, saying...

"I'd rather stay in because I know what its like here, but I'm not sure what its like in the real world outside!"

PS

It seems you also agreed with the population point I made, its isn't a population thing, it is.................

Specific population size has little bearing from what I see, what a countries products/services, ideals, assets, attitudes, etc are is what counts.

No I'm afraid I didn't agree. The much larger population in the UK makes a huge difference to the scale of products/services, assets and infrastructure, etc and so, imo, we can't compare ourselves directly with tiny non EU countries that are located geographically in Europe.

At the moment I feel that if we vote to leave and the government actually follows it through (will they?), then we will end up negotiating a deal much the same as now. We'll still have to pay, (maybe not as much as now), but we won't be able to vote on EU policy. As to immigration, etc, I don't feel it will make much difference, and if we get another labour government, it could be worse.

However don't get me wrong, I am truly undecided at the moment - I don't particularly like the EU as it functions now and agree it needs to change.

Ok, I'm lost, but we are one of the bigger countries, population wise, so we are better off out then! :D:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I`m no politician lads but for my 2p worth.

Surely running a country is no different than running a powerful business where the workforce is totally reliant on those in charge ?

I`ve run a couple of businesses for 34 years now and still going well.

I`ve said this many times over, of many British governments I`ve watched, - the leaders of " GREAT BRITAIN" - COULDN`T RUN A BATH ! Neither could they make a living picking £1 coins up.

We buy crap coal from Russia at three times the price of our own ! With approx.` 100 or so more years work left to extract our own at a third of the cost,- great business !

As said sell scrap to China, they melt it and sell it back at 5x the cost ! - great business !

Can`t we farm our own lands to be self sufficient ?

Make our own cars ? Planes, boats, ships, trains - EVEN AIR RIFLES !

Oops ! Air Arms is British - yeah with an Italian stock (Minneli) and German barrel (Walther Lother ).

" OUT" for me and with better leaders, like sayyyyy"

"Enoch Powell" - RIP

Cant we just be "Self Sufficient" ? - or "self employed" is it ?

atb

• Like 5

PS

I really dont think they have a choice but to follow the results of the referendum, yes they technically could go against it but I think it was just be political suicide!

but you raise an interesting point, the results of the referendum are not legally binding and the government would have to over turn previous legislations and acts, such as the european committees act of 1972 before we could actually leave

I`m no politician lads but for my 2p worth.

Surely running a country is no different than running a powerful business where the workforce is totally reliant on those in charge ?

I`ve run a couple of businesses for 34 years now and still going well.

I`ve said this many times over, of many British governments I`ve watched, - the leaders of " GREAT BRITAIN" - COULDN`T RUN A BATH ! Neither could they make a living picking £1 coins up.

We buy crap coal from Russia at three times the price of our own ! With approx.` 100 or so more years work left to extract our own at a third of the cost,- great business !

As said sell scrap to China, they melt it and sell it back at 5x the cost ! - great business !

Can`t we farm our own lands to be self sufficient ?

Make our own cars ? Planes, boats, ships, trains - EVEN AIR RIFLES !

Oops ! Air Arms is British - yeah with an Italian stock (Minneli) and German barrel (Walther Lother ).

" OUT" for me and with better leaders, like sayyyyy"

"Enoch Powell" - RIP

Cant we just be "Self Sufficient" ? - or "self employed" is it ?

atb

My first Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan. Slowly, slowly we have all seen a change in the country that one would not have even seen I hazard a guess in the Industrial Revolution. Manufacturing and industrial jobs deliberately sacrificed for the personal whims of the few. Those who always think that they are special and better than the rest of us, who's Shite does not stink, who preach patriotism but relocate UK jobs and their money abroad.

All of this and much more some of us have lived through loosing, and thank The Good Lord are still breathing. The almost total loss of our self pride and the sense of who we are as a Nation, the utter destruction of the ideas of those who went before us, the disregard for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for freedom and democracy. Democracy a word we like to spout to the rest of the world but one that is not afforded or fulfilled at home. I think that the almost total loss of pride, ideas and those dirty words "Bulldog Spirit" is missed the most by an old Fart like me or I or one. They think It's all over, It is Now.

Is it always to be our luck getting Shite Management of all colours?

Edited by just-A-snap

Let me think about this for a second :hmm: OUT

We have never been part of Europe ,most of Europe hate us any way ,they only want us to stay in for MONEY and that's all

This government has said nothing which would change my mind all they have come out is scare mongery for most of the working people of this country like

Holidays will go up in price Bollox

House prices will fall Bollox

food prices will go up Bollox

employment will rise Bollox

Interest rates will go up Bollox

Get the picture ,you can't believe a word what they say and that has come from me who has voted Tory all of my voting life

Let's get the fcuk out and take our borders back ,make our own rules , sell and buy from every country in the world INCLUDING EUROPE

After we come out then get Scotland to have a vote again and kick them out of OUR parliament

If we stay in we will be totally fcuked ,we will have less of a say, Sturgeon will have more of say, the welch will have more of a say , Europe will have more of a say

LET'S GET OUR COUNTRY BACK AND TRY AND RESCUE OF WHAT WE HAVE LEFT AFTER BLAIR AND BROWN DEMOLISHED IT

• Like 7

FYI, Winston Churchill was one of the first people to propose some kind of European Union, to avoid a re-run of the Second World War.

The current EU is a nice idea -- free movement of (European) people and goods, which means you can buy a Weihrauch air rifle in Holland and have it shipped to your door in the UK for cheaper than you can buy the rifle in the UK, for example. It also means that I can live in France with no need for a visa or work permit. Handy, that. ;)

However, the EU is run by a bunch of self-serving, unelected kants in the European Commission -- the winkers who recently tried to impose draconian new gun laws across Europe (which have been initially rejected). They're also the winkers who have presided over the recent immigration débâcle, which in turn was sparked by EU and US interventions (read "cock-ups") in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.

In other words, it's a good idea that's been ruined by bureaucrats with their noses in the trough.

What will change if the UK leaves? Bûgger all. What will change if it stays in? Bûgger all.

I suspect that a "leave" vote will receive the same reaction as the refusal of Ireland to sign up to one of the treaties (Maastricht?) -- the EU Commission told 'em to do it again until they got it right --and they did!

If the UK government had the bâlls to really negotiate a "special agreement" with the EU -- rather than the flannel that Cameron has presented as "major concessions", but which amount to feck-all -- then there might be some hope of a better relationship and quicker economic recovery for the UK.

As it is, however, the Eurozone looks likely to collapse in the not-too-distant future, since the disparities between economies like Germany and Greece (or Spain, Portugal and Ireland) are simply too great. Not to mention Albania and Roumania. And Germany can't afford to keep floating these lame economies, even though they receive massive interest payments and trade deals in return.

So, should you vote in or out? The pathetic wonks who run the UK have never held down a proper job, so can probably be guaranteed to feck up the UK economy whether it's in or out of the EU. The EU itself is likely to break up. And Austria, Germany and France are seeing rising support for right-wing (read "Fascist") parties.

Me? I'd vote remain, simply because then I wouldn't have to apply for dual French and English nationality to stay in France. In the meantime, I'll be stockpiling ammo against either the Jihadi tide, or the jack-booted supporters of the Front National, whichever comes knocking first.

In the near future, after you've voted the UK out, and you're pushing your three-wheeled supermarket trolley across the desolate landscape of what was the UK, but is now divided into Greater China and the Greater Islamic State, dodging the giant mutant rats that feed on the rotting flesh of the unburied corpses in the street, don't say I didn't warn you... :laugh:

• Like 2

Let me think about this for a second :hmm: OUT

We have never been part of Europe ,most of Europe hate us any way ,they only want us to stay in for MONEY and that's all

This government has said nothing which would change my mind all they have come out is scare mongery for most of the working people of this country like

Holidays will go up in price Bollox

House prices will fall Bollox

food prices will go up Bollox

employment will rise Bollox

Interest rates will go up Bollox

Get the picture ,you can't believe a word what they say and that has come from me who has voted Tory all of my voting life

Let's get the fcuk out and take our borders back ,make our own rules , sell and buy from every country in the world INCLUDING EUROPE

After we come out then get Scotland to have a vote again and kick them out of OUR parliament

If we stay in we will be totally fcuked ,we will have less of a say, Sturgeon will have more of say, the welch will have more of a say , Europe will have more of a say

LET'S GET OUR COUNTRY BACK AND TRY AND RESCUE OF WHAT WE HAVE LEFT AFTER BLAIR AND BROWN DEMOLISHED IT

your not wrong vm

wtf is in this for camaroon, he's spouting so much sh!te he's gonna need his own water treatment plant!

shouting on the radio today about flight going up £230 he's off his rocker, trying to grab the easy vote! you know what i mean but if i say it on here ill get shot.

my little lads 7 and he asked me last week if there is gonna be a ww3!!!! what a moron and not my lad, he wants out too.

atb angry bricky

• Like 1