Bull Lurcher Questions

I lost my lurcher last year ( collie grey X whippet )

And have been putting off getting another dog for a while but ya know what it's like I miss just having a dog around

I've never owned a bull cross before and I've seen a few work and have owned a couple of Staffordshires and they were a joy to train ,

I'm interested in getting a pup from this breeding just wanted to know how much the bull has a effect on temprement and tractibility ??

Tanks in advance guys

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been watching a fair few over the last couple of months,..realy impressed by their many attributes....   On several ocassions recently, I have found myself wishing, that I could go back a few years,

Did the lurcher you lost cover your hunting requirements ?,if it did id source another of the same ilk.If it did not id re-evaluate what you need from a lurcher then decide on the type that would suit

Dont obsess about whats in the mix too much pal, if you want a knock about lurcher then keep yourself open to possibilities.

I find mine brilliant to be honest never put a foot wrong other people might have other thoughts about them or maybe I got lucky with how he's come out, never had a bullx till I got this one always liked them next step in a few seasons is putting mine over a 34/14 saluki grey, already lined up if he keeps up what he's doing ?

• Like 1

And have been putting off getting another dog for a while but ya know what it's like I miss just having a dog around

I've never owned a bull cross before and I've seen a few work and have owned a couple of Staffordshires and they were a joy to train ,

I'm interested in getting a pup from this breeding just wanted to know how much the bull has a effect on temprement and tractibility ??

Tanks in advance guys

Did the lurcher you lost cover your hunting requirements ?,if it did id source another of the same ilk.If it did not id re-evaluate what you need from a lurcher then decide on the type that would suit best.

• Like 3

Tanks in advance guys

Did the lurcher you lost cover your hunting requirements ?,if it did id source another of the same ilk.If it did not id re-evaluate what you need from a lurcher then decide on the type that would suit best.

He was a good dog no world beater but did all I asked of him although his stubbornness was the biggest problem I had with him , that and him opening up and he wasn't entered to early or unfit he just was a mouthy sod haha

Still I had him six years and did the best with what I had , he marked well and hunted what ever I put him on although I would have liked a bit more prey drive sometimes

Tanks in advance guys

He was a good dog no world beater but did all I asked of him although his stubbornness was the biggest problem I had with him , that and him opening up and he wasn't entered to early or unfit he just was a mouthy sod haha

Still I had him six years and did the best with what I had , he marked well and hunted what ever I put him on although I would have liked a bit more prey drive sometimes

Id not be getting the drive requirement mixed up with what you may perceive as what the average Bull bred lurcher offers,you may be sorely disappointed.Id put more emphasis on sourcing a pup bred from a litter with the work ethic in the parents,that you seek and not in what a certain breeding type may offer.All the best.

• Like 2

Tanks in advance guys

Id not be getting the drive requirement mixed up with what you may perceive as what the average Bull bred lurcher offers,you may be sorely disappointed.Id put more emphasis on sourcing a pup bred from a litter with the work ethic in the parents,that you seek and not in what a certain breeding type may offer.All the best.

I think morton hit the nail on the head ??

• Like 1

Your right mate morton nailed it but some lads do have a preference to breeds they like in there lucher for me I like a bit of bull in my lucher there personality is great loyal as they come well mine is but some like collies some like beddy everybody's is diffrent .but like said before get a dog from pearnts doing what you want

• Like 1

The bull x is a great dog if you source one from the correct breeding. They are what they are dont be expecting a 5 out 5 day time hare dog because they aint they wee bred for teeth and teeth only.

They not rabbit or hare dogs put it that way

The bull x is a great dog if you source one from the correct breeding. They are what they are dont be expecting a 5 out 5 day time hare dog because they aint they wee bred for teeth and teeth only.

They not rabbit or hare dogs put it that way

I agree no hare dog but my old girl has put many dogs to Shame on the lamp rabbiting
  • Like 1

I'm wanting another mooching companion , I've had 2 Staffords and a staff X terrier and I gelled well with those dogs and found there temprement and attitude to suit me .

This is me wondering if the temprement and character carries over in the lurcher , I'm not after a world beater ( be nice though ) just a mooching ferreting and lamping dog .