Eh Up Me Duck.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yam orlroite are kid? I cor do it and I day see it! And I'm a brummy but lived in deepest darkest Black Country for a while and loved it! Best chips in the world! Matt

Foos yer doos /how are you Fit like min /how are you mate Teuchter - rural dweller. Yon teuchter is baaldie-heidit. (The gentleman from the country is experiencing hair-loss) Unca - very. Yi hiv

And this is the posh version. Lol

[BANNED TEXT] jeck or lad as a greeting, yoused to work with lads from Yorkshire and the could not get round us using how instead of why in sentences "how's that" "Whys that" "roll and sausage" yoused to annoy them as well

Yam orlroite are kid? I cor do it and I day see it! And I'm a brummy but lived in deepest darkest Black Country for a while and loved it! Best chips in the world!

Matt

wee abarts yo frum en matt? arm frum brerdly !
I'm a brummy mate but spent plenty of time on the wrens nest then Gornal then I went posh in sedgley. Lol

Graaay pays in bacon......not one of my fave dishes.

Matt

Yam orlroite are kid? I cor do it and I day see it! And I'm a brummy but lived in deepest darkest Black Country for a while and loved it! Best chips in the world!

Matt

Ive just spent the weekend listening to all that dialogue after another blinding result for the Hammers yesterday......i like the area the football rivalry is great round there 4 good clubs all close together its just about the most dreary dosey accent ive ever heard and i really have to concentrate to understand whats being said at times but its got a bit of character i know a few lads from Willenhall/Wednesbury area.....always saying their from the reeeeel black country......buzz and bostin .......tara ra bit and all that caper.....funny fuckers :D

when I was a kid my old neighbour used to sit in his front garden with his dog. When you walked past his dog used run out and come to you. He then used to shout, its allright son - it wont bite ya cock.

we never know of anyone been called cock so we thought he was saying something else :laugh:

Gnasher, the proper guttural drawl comes from gornal...... Couldn't understand a f***ing word when I knocked around there.

More friendly people you couldn't wish to meet but I'm stumped as to what they were saying most of the time!

Matt

• Like 1

Proper Job: To describe a job well done!! E.g. Person 1 "Lets get a bigger hammer Person 2 "Proper Job

Teddies: Potatoes. Should you be asked if youd like some "roasted teddies with your Sunday lunch, fear not; no soft toys will be harmed in the making of said dinner.

Ee: Replaces it or him in some sentences. E.g. "Put ee over there

Ark aee: Listen to him.

Yer Tis/Yer Tiz: Here it is.

Ooh arr: Oh yes! A term made famous by the Wurzels; to express great joy, pleasure or satisfaction. Some might use it to salute a farmer, though we wouldnt recommend adopting the expression in such a manner.

Tillin: A dialect abbreviation of the word tilling; to prepare land for the raising of crops by ploughing and harrowing. E.g. "Im tillin the corn

Alright me luvver: A South West greeting, like "alright mate.

Meansum: West Country term of endearment for a friend/acquaintance. E.g. "Alright meansum?

Maid: Term of endearment as abovethough you might want to limit this term to women only.

Gurt Lush: Bristiolian term for really good.

Mang: Devonshire for to mix. E.g. "Im off to mang the feed

Tiswas: Getting muddled or confused. E.g. "Ees in a tiswas

Ees a bootie: Meaning "hes beautiful. When on a farm its normally referring to a prize winning animal e.g. a pig.

Chinny Reckon: Disbelief E.g. "I dont believe you or "I dont reckon.

Slit pigs: A North Somerset term for male piglets that have been castrated.

Parcel of ol Crams: A dismissive phrase meaning that you (a) cant comprehend, (B) do not believe.

See you dretly: See you soon

Ow be knackin vore? How are you?

Oh I be pert viddy, me boody: Im very well thanks.

• Like 2

I knew there were some good un's out there but some of these are very good. Keep em coming. Wonder if there is a bright spark among us who could collate and write a ditty