Chipping

chipped or unchipped  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are they ?

• chipped
    • unchipped

For me it's simply that I don't like giving out my information to anyone, that and I don't like the idea of someone being able to look up a database and see exactly how many dogs I own and what breed, sex and age they are.

Plus I've never lost a dog in all my many years of owning them so I just don't see them as necessary.

I understand them reasons but surely if the chip just had contact details of the owner and that's its. Do they have any more info?

When I got my Ma's pup chipped I'm sure they took down age, breed, sex, name and colour alongside the owner details. Maybe I'm remember wrong though? :hmm:

You're right. That's the info they took when we had ours done.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me it's simply that I don't like giving out my information to anyone, that and I don't like the idea of someone being able to look up a database and see exactly how many dogs I own and what breed,

Just another money making scheme for the government by the antis, should have th choice not dictated too

Mine must have fallen out and I've moved house and lost paperwork and my vet has retired you're honour!

For me it's simply that I don't like giving out my information to anyone, that and I don't like the idea of someone being able to look up a database and see exactly how many dogs I own and what breed, sex and age they are.

Plus I've never lost a dog in all my many years of owning them so I just don't see them as necessary.

So, you won't have a tenancy/mortgage, bank account, driving license, TV license.......?

Have you seen the details you give to get one of those supermarket loyalty points cards ?

And all you can say is that you haven't lost a dog........yet.

It won't but it has helped stolen dogs to be rehomed with there owners .same with lost dogs.no brainer for me really.AL do owt to stack the odds in my favor to have my dogs returned to me..

• Like 1

So, you won't have a tenancy/mortgage, bank account, driving license, TV license.......?

Have you seen the details you give to get one of those supermarket loyalty points cards ?

And all you can say is that you haven't lost a dog........yet.

I said I don't like giving my information out, obviously sometimes it's necessary :rolleyes:

I have, that's why I don't have any loyalty cards....

Mine was done before I got her,wifes got hers done,she reckons even the cats are done,but I reckon she said that so they don't go on a one way trip out of here.

Tbh it's bullshit as dogs have been rehomed without being checked for chips,ands here's been tales of thieves have felt the chips under the dogs skin,and they been cut out.

• Like 1

,she reckons even the cats are done,but I reckon she said that so they don't go on a one way trip out of here.

lucky enough theres a pretty busy road by us that's claimed a good few :D

• Like 1

Yeah we had one killed out front,they got another one ffs

I pull on the heart strings and ask her if she could really let the kids go through that again :D .... they've settled for a hamster :D

Got mine done. Was worried the police/dog wardens would be waiting on every corner to check dogs etc but it seems to have passed over with nobody taking notice. Ah well. At least if they do go missing theres a chance they'll be returned.

Yeah we had one killed out front,they got another one ffs

I pull on the heart strings and ask her if she could really let the kids go through that again :D .... they've settled for a hamster :D

Yeah we got one of those I'm waiting for it to die aswell,lol

I sort of miss the cat now thou .. because when the last hamster escaped the cat nailed it :cray::cray:

my old dog isnt chipped hes 11 and half now so i wont bother. the dog i am running now is done. took my pup in last week for his jab and refused a chip and all the vet said was that she suggested i got him done as i was breaking the law end of conversation. they were a new vetenary surgery aswell so i was happy enough about that.