Boxing At The Weekend...

3 hours ago, kanny said:

Frank ain't having it ...

Seems to be a bit of a grey area  regarding the low punch the ref will often state at the beginning what's acceptable especially if they have waist bands up to their armpits lol but I don't think this ref mentioned it so its up for interpretation,  it's going to be one argued about for years ...Dubois staying down again wasn't a great look either,  does it deserve a rematch? 

Brick1 (1).jpg

Do you know what nemesis means?  :icon_eek:

• Haha 1

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

My penny' s worth....Usyk successfully targeted Dubois' dodgy eye all night.

When Dubois successfully floored Usyk with a body shot, he threw very few body shots afterwards. This was because Usyk is such a relentless, come forward fighter. Most aggressive fighters miss a lot. Usyk doesn't. So Dubois couldn't set himself for more body shots.

Any punch below the waist line is illegal. But refs usually allow  punches on the belt. If the ref thought the punch was illegal why didn't he deduct a point?

The ref seemed determined to allow Usyk to recover and kept telling  him to take his time, even when Usyk had said he was fit to continue. But there's no guarantee Dubois would have finished Usyk has the ref just given Usyk a  count.

Perhaps the ref was aware of the propaganda value of a Ukraine winning because of the war.

Usyk is vulnerable to body shots, AJ had him doubled up with a punch which would usually be allowed.

Dubois' is not psychologically strong. In the end it was Usyk's psychological strength which beat Dubois as much as his punches.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2

The punch wasn't in his bollocks as he claims, it was low but looked legal in all the replays to me.. if you wear your waist band high you can't expect to use that as the guide for low blows... the bigger disappointment in many ways is Dubois not capitalising in the rest of the round, he had over 2mins to put it on him and seemed scared to commit, I get Usyk is still dangerous when hurt, but its shit or bust then... also it looked like he quit to me, to finish a world title fight on your knee and then get up and walk back to your corner ok'ish, he may regret that for ever..

Usyk done what usyk does, he's a complete fighter, so accurate in everything he does.. Dubois is only 25 has he got it in him to come again at this level?

Oh...and why the f**k did Naz's lad get his first fight one before the main event, what a joke that was... 

Sheeraz looked really good, but the bloke he fought looked like something out of Lord of the Rings lol

• Like 1

Was it a low blow ? yes

Should Usyk have been in that much pain ? no

Would he have beaten a referees count ? who knows

Is Usyk vulnerable to body shots ? probably

Did Dubois quit again ? yes ( some of us saw it in him earlier than others despite the protests of his demented father 😉)

Is there any point in a rematch ? no

Most people with big strong opinions about such low blows have never had a foul proof protector on in their life,the solid part is the cup around your tackle,the part Usyk got hit on is the foam waistband which although isnt pleasant it doesnt cause the reaction it caused so was he hurt and then milked it yes of course he did.....Usyk isnt known for wearing his shorts up under his armpits like some fighters do,Dubois shorts were much higher,plenty of times Usyks belly button was visible through the fight and it seems that no part of Dubois glove touched the skin so of course its a low blow.....the main issue beyond all that for me was the wet ring surface....how a fighter who relies on footwork could be expected to perform to his best on a wet canvas is a complete joke !.......bit of a farcical night all the way round if you ask me,as for the undercard 😳.....ol Franks starting to embarrass himself its sad to watch.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Was it a low blow ? yes

Should Usyk have been in that much pain ? no

Would he have beaten a referees count ? who knows

Is Usyk vulnerable to body shots ? probably

Did Dubois quit again ? yes ( some of us saw it in him earlier than others despite the protests of his demented father 😉)

Is there any point in a rematch ? no

Most people with big strong opinions about such low blows have never had a foul proof protector on in their life,the solid part is the cup around your tackle,the part Usyk got hit on is the foam waistband which although isnt pleasant it doesnt cause the reaction it caused so was he hurt and then milked it yes of course he did.....Usyk isnt known for wearing his shorts up under his armpits like some fighters do,Dubois shorts were much higher,plenty of times Usyks belly button was visible through the fight and it seems that no part of Dubois glove touched the skin so of course its a low blow.....the main issue beyond all that for me was the wet ring surface....how a fighter who relies on footwork could be expected to perform to his best on a wet canvas is a complete joke !.......bit of a farcical night all the way round if you ask me,as for the undercard 😳.....ol Franks starting to embarrass himself its sad to watch.

i think it was klitschkos who promoted it was there show mate not warrens 

45 minutes ago, stonewall said:

more truth. 

once the fight finished watch usyk pull his shorts down straight away 

the full fight you couldn’t see his belly button that’s the truth lol

hes there to be beat and will milk it while he can 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

once the fight finished watch usyk pull his shorts down straight away 

the full fight you couldn’t see his belly button that’s the truth lol

hes there to be beat and will milk it while he can 

Come on mc uysk actually fought a boxer .who is furys next opponent a mma fighter who's never boxed pro wbc should either make fury fight uysk next or strip him of  the belt. him and his dad are a embarrassment to boxing the way they behave 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Come on mc uysk actually fought a boxer .who is furys next opponent a mma fighter who's never boxed pro wbc should either make fury fight uysk next or strip him of  the belt. him and his dad are a embarrassment to boxing the way they behave 

mate watch the warren frampton  usyk and his manager sat down talking frampton asks when is fury usyk spits his dummy out warren says we have sent offer after offer you won’t sign if you can show me one offer you’ve sent us i’ll give 20 million to charity usyks promoter says nothing 

he’s shiite he will just milk it while he can he isn’t beating fury in a million years mate 

if your fury joshua won’t sign usyk won’t you have beaten everyone else what would you do 

same as usyk won’t ever fight wilder he’d be knocked into the next week 

wilder beats em all bar fury it’s plain as day 

the wbc heavyweight champion and none will sign to fight at least whyte had the balls to try 

• Like 1