Boxing At The Weekend...

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Surely for any boxing fan, whether you've stepped in a gym/ring or just watched it for long enough, we must all recognise this is a really poor era in the heavies, it has been for a long time tbh.

I can't even consider Fury, Wilder or Joshua as all time greats, and I think in the future we will all realise that (if you can't now). 

Fury is just massive, that is his biggest asset, I can't see the "silky skills" that others can, he can move backwards pretty well for a big lump lol, and at least threw his weight more recently.. but style wise he just doesn't really do it for me...

Joshua as we have all said for the last 4 or 5 fights (since Ruiz 1) has changed his style to the detriment of everything he had going for him, a lot of lads on here (and a few of my mates) called him earlier and didn't see him as getting near Fury, I thought his old style of coming in throwing in good combinations would be a big problem for Fury. Wilder has put him over with his one punch power a few times, but he is god awful, everything you are taught not to do as soon as you start to box he still does, but he can bang there is no denying....  Fury shouldn't be caught like he has by him if he is this great technician everyone says he is, in any other era Wider is at best a journeyman imo.... 

Usyk is by far the best technically of them all, but Fury is just too big for him and smarter than AJ, he will hold him, sap his strength, tie him up.. etc he spoil the fight and that is the best way to fight Usyk... AJ trying to box him is madness, the last fight he still on threw in 2s (apart from the 9th where he went after him, but nothing really landed that clean)...

I thought Dubois looked really good and the defeat to Joyce was hard for him, I think he's the better boxer out of the 2 of them, but Joyce is tough and durable, will be a hard night for anyone, but I can't see him stepping up tbh... I'm looking forward to seeing how Dubois comes back into the frame... but to be honest we need a new you bunch coming through now... the pantomime of all this shit is getting boring, in any other era the fights just got made, the best fought the best and it was better for it... We all want to see AJ v Fury, but because it's been hyped for so long I think most fans are bored of it now and want someone else to come through.....

His footwork is brilliant for a man of his size in my opinion mate

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Surely for any boxing fan, whether you've stepped in a gym/ring or just watched it for long enough, we must all recognise this is a really poor era in the heavies, it has been for a long time tbh.

I can't even consider Fury, Wilder or Joshua as all time greats, and I think in the future we will all realise that (if you can't now). 

Fury is just massive, that is his biggest asset, I can't see the "silky skills" that others can, he can move backwards pretty well for a big lump lol, and at least threw his weight more recently.. but style wise he just doesn't really do it for me...

Joshua as we have all said for the last 4 or 5 fights (since Ruiz 1) has changed his style to the detriment of everything he had going for him, a lot of lads on here (and a few of my mates) called him earlier and didn't see him as getting near Fury, I thought his old style of coming in throwing in good combinations would be a big problem for Fury. Wilder has put him over with his one punch power a few times, but he is god awful, everything you are taught not to do as soon as you start to box he still does, but he can bang there is no denying....  Fury shouldn't be caught like he has by him if he is this great technician everyone says he is, in any other era Wider is at best a journeyman imo.... 

Usyk is by far the best technically of them all, but Fury is just too big for him and smarter than AJ, he will hold him, sap his strength, tie him up.. etc he spoil the fight and that is the best way to fight Usyk... AJ trying to box him is madness, the last fight he still on threw in 2s (apart from the 9th where he went after him, but nothing really landed that clean)...

I thought Dubois looked really good and the defeat to Joyce was hard for him, I think he's the better boxer out of the 2 of them, but Joyce is tough and durable, will be a hard night for anyone, but I can't see him stepping up tbh... I'm looking forward to seeing how Dubois comes back into the frame... but to be honest we need a new you bunch coming through now... the pantomime of all this shit is getting boring, in any other era the fights just got made, the best fought the best and it was better for it... We all want to see AJ v Fury, but because it's been hyped for so long I think most fans are bored of it now and want someone else to come through.....

Good post, newkid. I don't have your patience lol.  ?

18 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Been saying this, almost word for word, the last few years.  ?

8 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

He honestly believes he's to greatest to have ever lived 

For what it's worth,  I think his self confidence is huge and, in boxing you need a bit of that.

He's definitely not the greatest of all time but, he is big and he is tricky - I don't think we've got a heavyweight at the moment that can unravel him.

........he plays his game really well.

It's going to take time for him to get a bit older and, for a younger puncher to come up and surprise the division.

I see him getting put down a few times in about 5yrs then, coaching some decent prospects. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

wilder is a journey man in any era ? foreman was world champion in the so called golden era ? 

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

His footwork is brilliant for a man of his size in my opinion mate

Maybe "for a man of his size" it is mate.. but his biggest asset is his sheer size and strength, he wears fighters down by leaning on them for large parts of the fight, he's not the biggest puncher and for me went backwards flicking out punches too much... he did change for the 2nd 2 Wilder fights and plant his feet more and throw.. but Wilder is terrible...

I'm not anti Fury, not at all... I just know that if he was the same size as Usyk you would then see who the beat technician is... its not Furys fault hes massive and he uses that to his advantage...its just not my type of fighter...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

wilder is a journey man in any era ? foreman was world champion in the so called golden era ? 

Not sure what you mean mate... Foreman is rightly considered one of the best..so where is the comparison?

I get you can't predict era to era results, but Wilder would figure anywhere near the best of the past in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not sure what you mean mate... Foreman is rightly considered one of the best..so where is the comparison?

I get you can't predict era to era results, but Wilder would figure anywhere near the best of the past in my opinion 

foreman was awful