Boxing At The Weekend...

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i’d say he is definitely a great shaark longest reign as champion and most wins in world title fights ever 

said he’s boring ? 

sometimes he could be a bit defensive and chinny 

but he had great movement quality jab and solid right hand 

joshua did well in the klitschko fight that can’t be denied 

wilder has knocked every one out he has ever faced bar fury so getting dropped half a dozen times in 3 fights was always going to happen why joshua hasn’t and will never go any we’re near him 

Wilders best ever win is Ortiz.....did you get that ?.....the highlight of his career.....is beating Ortiz ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Without wishing to sound impolite mate thats just silly talk.....you cant have it both ways Klitschko was either a brilliant fighter who dominated his entire generation or he wasnt....and if he wasnt then whats the big deal about beating him.....great fighters make things happen and find a way to win....he didnt do that.

klitschko will go down as a great but how many times has he fought a mover that’s bigger then him he couldn’t get his head around it 

it was a big deal going to germany and beating the longest reigning champion ever 

20 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

? I cant even be bothered it would be like conversing with the fridge !

You're the lads biggest fan mate i get it....leave it at that ?

fury is a natural comfortable as any fighter i’ve seen it’s why he doesn’t gas beacuse he is so calm it’s a trait aj and usyk don’t have 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

In order to correct it im trying to understand why i do it i dont know if its over enthusiasm or my expectations are too high....what i do understand though is chatting with other teachers of sport is growing me in the role so much appreciated squire :thumbs:

I think with most “novice” coaches there’s a tendency to want to make people you are coaching into “you”……I think the trick is to try and make them the best version of “them”……you can then use bits of “you” to patch up the holes in their game.

I use the word “novice” for want of a better word because the fact is, when you coach anything you are “novice” forever because you have to keep learning and developing……much more in fact than when you were a player or a fighter or whatever.

We don’t know what we don’t know, but we have to constantly look at ourselves and measure ourselves.

It keeps the old grey cells working anyway mate

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilders best ever win is Ortiz.....did you get that ?.....the highlight of his career.....is beating Ortiz ?

the highlight of his career is knocking out 40 men on the bounce no one has ever done that have they ? regardless of quality it is still a huge task 

5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Maybe I was thinking of someone else, said klitschko was boring? ?

Yep, joshua vs klitschko was a cracking fight to watch.

Again, Magoo, have a 'proper' look at who wilder fought, their ranking at the time he fought them, number of fights, and what they had 'actually' achieved.  You'll realise very quickly how poor, and how protected he really was/is.

The Gypsy Queens and the Wilderettes ....you gotta love em .....it took me ages to work out what its all about and then one day i realised that its because all they actually have....is each other ?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The Gypsy Queens and the Wilderettes ....you gotta love em .....it took me ages to work out what its all about and then one day i realised that its because all they actually have....is each other ?

? wilder knocked out 40 men on the bounce that is some doing 

mike tyson 20 before he went to points 

forman 8 until he went the distance 

shavers 3 

? 

i pray aj fights wilder it will be comical ? 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

No I said Hartlepool for a town of 90k produced it fair share of talent .

I said something along the lines of Joe Calzaghe being a all time Great .

14% of players in the premier league are from South London ! 
Just thought I’d drop that in, reared in what they now call “the cages” and what we used to call “the tarmac” because they had tarmac and brick walls…..it’s Astro and fences now.

50 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

No I said Hartlepool for a town of 90k produced it fair share of talent .

I said something along the lines of Joe Calzaghe being a all time Great .

You said it.....no point trying to wriggle out of it,you actually said it.

Thats right the other corker was Joe Calzaghe was the greatest fighter who ever lived !

I dont remember all the comedy you write in the same way as i dont remember all the stories from Only Fools and Horses....but i remember Delboy falling through the bar vivdly !

• Haha 2

You said it.....no point trying to wriggle out of it,you actually said it.

Thats right the other corker was Joe Calzaghe was the greatest fighter who ever lived !

I dont remember all the comedy you write in the same way as i dont remember all the stories from Only Fools and Horses....but i remember Delboy falling through the bar vivdly !

“You’re cramping my style Trigg” lol ? 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

No problem just don’t look at everything thru Rose tinted glasses .

Another Future Great although a female will write her name in History on Saturday with a bit of luck .

Its not called rose tinted glasses theres a far more simple explannation for it than that its called very basic " pride " in your area and your own.....something you are sadly lacking in.

As for womens boxing....i couldnt give a shit.

• Like 1

Its not called rose tinted glasses theres a far more simple explannation for it than that its called very basic " pride " in your area and your own.....something you are sadly lacking in.

As for womens boxing....i couldnt give a shit.

there was never a south londoner would a beat calzaghe gnash ? 

53 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Peter Fury trained him when he dethroned Klitchko .

A very knowledgable man imo and I like the way he sees the sport and conducts himself .

Refreshing to see someone in the game for the right reasons .

Wonderful,give him a knighthood........Fury didnt want him to be his trainer......whats your point ?

54 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Hughie Fury will test and potentially beat any of the above 3 mentioned .

Another very good boxer and still young for a heavyweight .

What does he do well ? what are the mechanics of how he beats the above 3 ? explain his routes to victory in as much detail as possible ? 

Im on a nocturnal one tonight killing time so you crack on.