Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Usyk is going to be well prepared for AJ coming on strong in the next fight,it's hardly going to be a mystery what AJ,s game plan is  as its all he has left and I'm not convinced it's going to make any difference to the outcome as I'm not sure what AJ has lost can be put back. 

39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Exactly....i actually think Dillian Whyte would have given Usyk a tougher fight than Joshua did the other night,simply because Dillian would have made it uncomfortable for him,Joshua stood off and gave a brilliant technical boxer time and space !

I mean fair play to Joshua he ducks nobody you have to credit the guy for his willingness to fight the best and of course these set backs happen when you fight all comers but this was an opponent where any weakness in either himself or his camp will get exposed and i think thats what we saw.

Yes,Whyte is one of those where if he outmatched with pure talent he will try and chuck all but the kitchen sink at you,doesnt try and box if it isnt happening he will try and have a fight with you,thats what makes him an exciting watch

Yeah i do credit him definitely,im one of those who would rather see a fighter lose in an actual legitimate fight than these that are padding records out and knocking people over left right & centre, but training camp & tactics on the night seemed to be really amiss on the night 

Be interesting to see whats next 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yes,Whyte is one of those where if he outmatched with pure talent he will try and chuck all but the kitchen sink at you,doesnt try and box if it isnt happening he will try and have a fight with you,thats what makes him an exciting watch

Yeah i do credit him definitely,im one of those who would rather see a fighter lose in an actual legitimate fight than these that are padding records out and knocking people over left right & centre, but training camp & tactics on the night seemed to be really amiss on the night 

Be interesting to see whats next 

I think if Usyk was totally honest he'd probably say Chisora was a tougher fight than Joshua was,for those same reasons.

Couldnt agree more regards wanting competitive fights rather than soft touches....Joshua is certainly the epitome of what a sportsman should be in that way.

• Like 2

What do folk think about Bellew as a pundit? For me, on the negative side, he hogs conversations too much and interrupts others, but on the plus side he is genuinely enthusiastic about the game, has good insight, and he says what he believes. He's got some street cred as well. Anybody who was on the doors In Liverpool  at 16 years old has got to have some balls. 

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Usyk is going to be well prepared for AJ coming on strong in the next fight,it's hardly going to be a mystery what AJ,s game plan is  as its all he has left and I'm not convinced it's going to make any difference to the outcome as I'm not sure what AJ has lost can be put back. 

I think if Sugarhill Steward  was Joshua's trainer he would have given him the same advice he gave Fury...go in there and use your superior strength and bulk and take him out. Shedding weight and trying to box one of the world's best boxers was only going to end one way. It was so naive, and as has been said, there was no plan B. Joshua looked scared and confused from the end of round one for me, yet he didn't throw any bombs as he did against Dillian Whyte and Klitchko. Why not?

His camp's tactics were embarrassing.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I think if Sugarhill Steward  was Joshua's trainer he would have given him the same advice he gave Fury...go in there and use your superior strength and bulk and take him out. Shedding weight and trying to box one of the world's best boxers was only going to end one way. It was so naive, and as has been said, there was no plan B. Joshua looked scared and confused from the end of round one for me, yet he didn't throw any bombs as he did against Dillian Whyte and Klitchko. Why not?

His camp's tactics were embarrassing.

I just don't see killer in his eyes anymore, is he hungry enough  or is he just milking the last out of it? Playing safe,  your not going to see a 40 year old AJ  fighting.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I think if Usyk was totally honest he'd probably say Chisora was a tougher fight than Joshua was,for those same reasons.

Couldnt agree more regards wanting competitive fights rather than soft touches....Joshua is certainly the epitome of what a sportsman should be in that way.

Chisora certainly tried to rough usyk up and make it his fight,so i wouldlnt disagree with you there 

100%,it means nothing to me to see silly bits of fights,fair play for being in shape & all that but i cant get excited about knock over jobs,its not sport 

I also have to respect joshua for his words after the fights,no excuses and bs,admits he was beaten,unlike "heavy suit" wilder 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

What do folk think about Bellew as a pundit? For me, on the negative side, he hogs conversations too much and interrupts others, but on the plus side he is genuinely enthusiastic about the game, has good insight, and he says what he believes. He's got some street cred as well. Anybody who was on the doors In Liverpool  at 16 years old has got to have some balls. 

I think bellew can be ok to listen to on certain outlets,where he can be a bit more how he really feels,but sometimes he can be a bit aggravating on the big shows,and biased, but i agree he has good insight & enthusiasm, i like bellew,a rough old boy who made the most of his career,and gave usyk a much better fight than joshua 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Chisora certainly tried to rough usyk up and make it his fight,so i wouldlnt disagree with you there 

100%,it means nothing to me to see silly bits of fights,fair play for being in shape & all that but i cant get excited about knock over jobs,its not sport 

I also have to respect joshua for his words after the fights,no excuses and bs,admits he was beaten,unlike "heavy suit" wilder 

I never really liked Joshua but he takes it on the chin when he loses no excuses can’t fault that from him 

The big showbiz entrance from Joshua was toe curling embarrassing. I remember thinking he's going to look a prick if he gets beat after an entrance like that.

I hope they tone it down next time, we don't need that shit in the sport.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

I never really liked Joshua but he takes it on the chin when he loses no excuses can’t fault that from him 

Ive never been mad on him either mate,but no,you cant fault a man who takes a loss on the chin without all the yarn spinning 

Wilders excuse is laughable 

Apparently the rematch is being talked about,for february possibly in kiev 

11 hours ago, jukel123 said:

The big showbiz entrance from Joshua was toe curling embarrassing. I remember thinking he's going to look a prick if he gets beat after an entrance like that.

I hope they tone it down next time, we don't need that shit in the sport.

11 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Like wwf 

Watched through my fingers....I mean talk about setting yourself up for a fall!!

• Like 1