• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

Dogs are my main tools terrier and lurcher, I also snare, trap, use a shotgun to hounds and own a 223 rifle. When landowners call you use all the tools at your disposal for the circumstances presented to you. The guy was only proving a point on a topic concerning charlie

• Like 4

I can understand where you are coming from I live and breathe dogs and I am also not keen on all this NV and now thermal imaging. I hear all the time about high numbers of foxes being shot in complete darkness and this shows in the numbers being seen season to season. But unfortunately here in Wales as an example the landowners want rid by whatever means so we have to accept this new technology. There will always be a place for us hopefully but we have to accept this modern form of control

Lol! Nothing like talking ethics with terrier men ;)

Imagine how much food that lot were eating! It's bad enough what you pick up at a normal earth. I respect the fox enormously but they don't have predators so control is always justified in my eyes. Eradication is not!

• Like 2

I posted it because people don't believe anything they haven't seen with their own eyes. I chose not to put it in my original post.

I love terriers and terrier work. My mate did amateur terriers for ten years and I've had some epic days with him. I've got my first Russel now who's coming along nicely and as I say I respect the fox as much as the next guy. But you can't tell me any respecting hunt would have wanted that lot cutting around at opening meet.

So whatever really. If you want me to take it down I have nothing to prove. If you want me to leave it up to illustrate the point that double litters are real then cool.

But it's not like I'm standing there in the pic with the last fox on earth so if you've killed so much as one fox in your time you'd be a hypocrite to ask me to take it down in my humble opinion.

I'm so glad I took the time to post after all these years of lurking lol

Edited by Crosshair
  • Like 3

sitting in a motor 60yds from the den you shoot seven and say you dont want to eradicate them, ffs get real.

No! Why would I want to eradicate something that gives me so much pleasure? Whether Lamping, driving, bolting, exempt hunting, snaring or cage trapping them, I always get a rush when you first set eyes on one.

But that sized litter on that little shoot and indeed in that little valley was unsustainable. For the benefit of all the wildlife- killing that litter was the right thing to do.

You'll be pleased to know that there are still foxes in the area- just not too many.

sitting in a motor 60yds from the den you shoot seven and say you dont want to eradicate them, ffs get real.

No! Why would I want to eradicate something that gives me so much pleasure? Whether Lamping, driving, bolting, exempt hunting, snaring or cage trapping them, I always get a rush when you first set eyes on one.

But that sized litter on that little shoot and indeed in that little valley was unsustainable. For the benefit of all the wildlife- killing that litter was the right thing to do.

You'll be pleased to know that there are still foxes in the area- just not too many.

oh maybe their was eight in the den and seeing you being a fox fan you decided to leave a wee cub good for you, the fact is your shooting out a car at a range so close you could use a catty to hit them cos you didnt want to miss any of them in other words you wanted to wipe them out so they didnt eat to much so mr big gun dont give the old pish that their still plenty in the area cos if there is and you can get the car close enough i'm sure you will get most of them,

• Like 1

We could maybe and counter-maybe until the cows come home.

I appreciate the distinction you are making is between sport and control but I personally believe in both.

Would those Cubs have been better off dying on the M4 or starving to death over the winter as they struggled to find enough food or new territories?

A dead certain humane kill with no sport involved is the right way to control wildlife.

When their numbers are in check then that's when sport can give them a lifeline- a reason for being if you like.

Until that balance point- there's room for both.

Edited by Crosshair
  • Like 1

Lads please don't forget that to justify the way we hunt we must be controlling numbers, not going out for a days sport, like it or lump it if the fox is getting killed for sport only it won't be long before it's a protected species or at best only certain government employees will be able to do it. They need controlling and if cross hair or anybody else for that matter decides shooting is the best way on their chosen ground, who are you to grumble

• Like 2

Crosshair you must have thought you was the big man making sure you got the gun in the photo what a f***ing knob you are. Always the farmer or gamekeeper asked me people like you piss me off why don't people grow a pair stand up and admit they love shooting foxes with rifle at night ? Is it because you know your in the wrong. sell the riffle then they can't ask you but saying that you won't get your fix then will you