What A Waste Of Hares !!!

I now live somewhere with a shit ton of hares, wall to wall, tripping over them.

Some of these hare shoots are needed to keep the population healthy.

I would never have condoned it until I saw it.

Also people get fecked off with poachers, we had 4 fences driven over / through (posts snapped, wire ripped up etc), crops driven over and lots of stock out night before last . . . . .

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wankers phote shoped my dog out of the pic lol

Doesnt do the hare gene pool any good . Weak hares that lie up in cover left for breeding . At least with dogs it the strongest left for future stock

just a shame its all come to this, all thanks to war criminal tony blair and the labour party.

Read the thread and say again that I`m the one apportioning blame.

And going by some of the dog shit you spout on here I feel less than ignorant in your company. I`m not interested in getting into a discussion with you as you have fuckall to say that interests me.

Another one with no knowledge Ive forgotten more about dogs,guns hunting and life than you have read about Wallace..

I now live somewhere with a shit ton of hares, wall to wall, tripping over them.

Also people get fecked off with poachers, we had 4 fences driven over / through (posts snapped, wire ripped up etc), crops driven over and lots of stock out night before last . . . . .

fair comment about the idiot dog lads in the game, that last line does sum a lot of them up, i bet if there hadn't been this ban, and all the coursing clubs in the uk, were still going strong, then they would have been pleased to take these surplus hares, since the ban no one is interested in the welfare of the hare.

• Like 2

fair comment about the idiot dog lads in the game, that last line does sum a lot of them up, i bet if there hadn't been this ban, and all the coursing clubs in the uk, were still going strong, then they would have been pleased to take these surplus hares, since the ban no one is interested in the welfare of the hare.

That's a very fair comment mate. My boss is very interested in the welfare of the Hare. . . . . unfortunately a lot of those around here who see them as sport, don't really give two hoots about their welfare either!

Edited by Ideation
  • Like 1

There are hammerheads with dogs, and hammerheads with guns, as for the welfare of hares I'm very interested, and I've got no permission saw over 25 hares yesterday on my walk with my coursing bitch an hours drive up the road, they're pairing up now, and running about in droves, always loved hares and coursing, good to see them thriving

most of the shooting lads i know, (a lot) and most of the landowners and keepers i know, say that they DO shoot hares to keep dog lads off, it begs belief some of the thick b*****d idiots who i know who hold shotgun certificates,

So someone that's getting fences cut, gates left open or crops run over is a 'thick b*****d'?

I'd say they were looking after what's there's.

It's just a shame that all dog lads can't be like the old timers and respect the land. Too many fannies f***ing it up for all.most

Most of the shooting lads i know don't have fences, gates, or crops, they live in council houses, and the pub. they are far from respectful country lads :bye::bye:

That reminds me of a shooter in a pub years ago, a lad I knew asked him if there was many hares on the land, the reply was no we shoot the fuckers so people like you cant course them, this was from a man in his 50's, what can you do ?
  • Like 1

For all them people who say that hares aren't shot to keep dog lads off tell me this, as I said before I live not far from the waterloo cup ground, organised hare shoots never used to happen, and I believe their was a few other low key organised coursing events their, so why straight after the ban which coincided with the last Waterloo cup was a driven shoot put in place, I understand their was no financial gain anymore but no need to do it that quick. Obviously every area is different but a place like altcar had lads flocking from all over, so as far as I can see the only reason is to save the hassle. Personally I would like to see coursing return more for the survival of the hare than anything else

• Like 4

They shot on Altcar less than 24 hours after the Cup was presented !!!.............and Labour think their Bill was good for the welfare of hares ............I can name dozens of places near me where the hares have been shot to keep coursers off ...........and the keepers have told me so ,,,,,,,,,,one was running a hare breeding programme at the time which was subsidised by 2 multi national companies who were dumping sewage waste on the land to be dug in the soil !!!

• Like 1

most of the shooting lads i know, (a lot) and most of the landowners and keepers i know, say that they DO shoot hares to keep dog lads off, it begs belief some of the thick b*****d idiots who i know who hold shotgun certificates,

So someone that's getting fences cut, gates left open or crops run over is a 'thick b*****d'?

I'd say they were looking after what's there's.

It's just a shame that all dog lads can't be like the old timers and respect the land. Too many fannies f***ing it up for all.most

Most of the shooting lads i know don't have fences, gates, or crops, they live in council houses, and the pub. they are far from respectful country lads :bye::bye:

But they shoot on the farm for the farmer....??
desertbred, on 06 Mar 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:desertbred, on 06 Mar 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

Rake aboot, on 05 Mar 2016 - 2:35 PM, said:Rake aboot, on 05 Mar 2016 - 2:35 PM, said:

Read the thread and say again that I`m the one apportioning blame.

And going by some of the dog shit you spout on here I feel less than ignorant in your company. I`m not interested in getting into a discussion with you as you have fuckall to say that interests me.

Another one with no knowledge Ive forgotten more about dogs,guns hunting and life than you have read about Wallace..

Aye, so yeh have sonny, hahahahaha bullshit merchant. Nothing more.

Who the fucks Wallace ?

Ah feck,, I replied, damn it.

Maybe the reason did the shoots is they can't be bothered to spend the time and money to relocate bug relocating does work the poacher who helped Johnny kingdom relocate hares to his land was hares from the very feilds around me

That was my grandad who relocated them hares for Johnny kingdom.

I never seen that one..

How many did he relocate and how are they doing ??

I think it was close to 70 hares. And buy all accounts the hare population has nearly double in the last 5 years. Can't rember what parts of the county they went to.

It was for Johnny kingdom on his land in Exmoor j thought ?

Didn't your grandad net and realise hares all over the country