Best Test Of A Lurcher

The best test for any lurcher Is to eat a large tin of chappie.

And not have the runs the next day.

cracker mate, or bakers complete

My mutts past the test so im after been in the hospital since friday morning till lunch time today with my little fella and the mrs has been feeding the dogs and she wont go near the raw and she was feeding tins from lidl with some nuts an when i cleaned them out when i got home their shites were grand

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest test for a lurcher has to be living with some of the folk on here. . . . .

I speak to lad from all over the country that hunt different things and one thing I noticed is most think their way of doing things in the only way and if your dog can't do that its shit! Me and mutts

I think using a lurcher thats not built or bred for certain quarry can be a test I.e a bull x on hares etc . Or seeing a skinny whippet cross putting their all into a fox. And it's always great

Posted Images

Running dogs all day long the day time hare aomething av never done but hs to be a fox for test the dogs heart and gameness

An average lurcher will muller a fox an average hare will muller an average lurcher.
send a few average dogs my way then half the country looking a fox dog an from what you said your a running dog man stick to that

Running dogs all day long the day time hare aomething av never done but hs to be a fox for test the dogs heart and gameness

An average lurcher will muller a fox an average hare will muller an average lurcher.
send a few average dogs my way then half the country looking a fox dog an from what you said your a running dog man stick to that

Id prefer a dog thats a tad above average on both,

• Like 1

will an avarage lurcher MULLER a fox after fox after fox after fox,I think trunk was getting at that's something he does week in week out to test his dogs atb mud
theres a big diffenents in a hare dog getting the odd fox try give it 2 or 3 a night 2 or 3 nights a week an il put money it will spit it out now i no you get the odd freak dog that will do it but very very few theres alot of lads claim to be killing that many foxes a night but showing people is a different thing
  • Like 4

Some peoples ultimate test is differnt than others. Even on same quarry

100% mate i wouldnt say my dogs a hare dog just because hes lifted a few compared to a out an out hare dog but lads run hares claiming there dog kills foxes lads in glass houses shouldnt throw stones as the saying goes but i can admit i wouldnt claim hes a hare dog

will an avarage lurcher MULLER a fox after fox after fox after fox,I think trunk was getting at that's something he does week in week out to test his dogs atb mud
theres a big diffenents in a hare dog getting the odd fox try give it 2 or 3 a night 2 or 3 nights a week an il put money it will spit it out now i no you get the odd freak dog that will do it but very very few theres alot of lads claim to be killing that many foxes a night but showing people is a different thing

IMO an AVERAGE mutt will muller a fox,an AVERAGE Hare will Muller an AVERAGE lurcher,thus i find the Hare to be a better test of a Lurcher,which was my reply to the original thread and Trunks.Id never rate a dog that was excellent on fox and poor on Hare,id rate one that could do both with above AVERAGE results,id rate an EXCELLENT Rabbit,Feather and Hare dog above all others.

IMO an AVERAGE mutt will muller a fox,an AVERAGE Hare will Muller an AVERAGE lurcher,thus i find the Hare to be a better test of a Lurcher,which was my reply to the original thread and Trunks.Id never rate a dog that was excellent on fox and poor on Hare,id rate one that could do both with above AVERAGE results,id rate an EXCELLENT Rabbit,Feather and Hare dog above all others.
didnt say he was no good at a hare i just dont run them each to there on morton my thoughts on hare dogs as long as they can stick with a hare an run it into the ground they will lift it but thats my thought on that an watch a hare course like watching paint dry for me but thats why i dont do them but il respect your thought am sure if we ever had the chance to hunt togeather you could change my mind an am sure i could do the same to you respect all lads game they hunt
  • Like 3