• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics i took yesterday of the Red's out on the mountains..                  

Had myself a wander this morning,by heck it was cold brrrrrrrrrrr,where i went was hard work,i put my gps tracker on and i only walked 5.60 miles yet it took me almost 5 hours!! Uphill & uphill &a

Just a few pics from my wander this morning..   Zoomed in at 300mm     At 75mm       Mario...       Where i go to see the Red Deer..          

Posted Images

Some say that chased meat gets tainted from the adrenaline rush, and that shot meat there is none.

I have eaten both and have never noticed the difference to be fair, but I am far from a food connoisseur, more of a wipe it's arse rip it's horns off and get it in the frying pan kind of man.

Or it could possibly be down to my useful bitza working like a ninja assassin :)

i think run animals taste better because they bleed out better.the less blood in the carcass the sweeter the meat.nothing to do with adrenaline

Some say that chased meat gets tainted from the adrenaline rush, and that shot meat there is none.

I have eaten both and have never noticed the difference to be fair, but I am far from a food connoisseur, more of a wipe it's arse rip it's horns off and get it in the frying pan kind of man.

Or it could possibly be down to my useful bitza working like a ninja assassin :)

i think run animals taste better because they bleed out better.the less blood in the carcass the sweeter the meat.nothing to do with adrenaline
You may well be right as said I can't tell the difference mate

Lactic acid is probably a better choice of words rather than adrenaline rush

Edited by Chaff
  • 2 weeks later...

PSX_20160228_162751_zpswwiwx7zb.jpg

PSX_20160228_202754_zps19sjhxqc.jpg

PSX_20160228_165213_zpsyuq2u9iz.jpg

PSX_20160228_170010_zpsrfazzsp9.jpg

PSX_20160229_083408_zpswlumbpx5.jpg

id deffo have a few of them on the wall for sure,especially the last one...superb photos

Where would you find the room,lol with then f***ing goat heads all over.

• Like 1

The funny thing about those red and hybrid hinds, to me, they don't look TOO formidable when they're knee deep in heather but once they jump out onto rock they seem to almost double in size.

In fairness they're magnificent and stunning. Great photos Andy.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 1

If that's what people did then that's fine but it would not be for me if it was legal. The stags I have seen around Dartmoor are phenomenal looking animals and I would say the odds are stacked in itheir favour. If my dog did manage to bring one down what am I going to do with it I hunt mainly on my own. I totally agree with you Mick every time you are hunting your dog there is a chance your dog could be killed so why heighten that chance by slipping on a massive animal that I'm not that keen on eating and is bloody hard work to gralloch and butcher and get home. But if that was your thing then fair play but for me I would stick to things that I can fit in my Roe sack.

If that's what people did then that's fine but it would not be for me if it was legal. The stags I have seen around Dartmoor are phenomenal looking animals and I would say the odds are stacked in itheir favour. If my dog did manage to bring one down what am I going to do with it I hunt mainly on my own. I totally agree with you Mick every time you are hunting your dog there is a chance your dog could be killed so why heighten that chance by slipping on a massive animal that I'm not that keen on eating and is bloody hard work to gralloch and butcher and get home. But if that was your thing then fair play but for me I would stick to things that I can fit in my Roe sack.

. Some people operate in their comfort zone weather it be hunting sport work or wateva others push boundaries weather themselves or their animals back in the day [BANNED TEXT] running red was legal or digging Brock they were the ultimate test for terrier or lurcher and the boys dug em and ran em dig after dig run after run week after week think you'd be surprised wat are hunting companions can be capable of
  • Like 2

PSX_20160228_162751_zpswwiwx7zb.jpg

PSX_20160228_202754_zps19sjhxqc.jpg

PSX_20160228_165213_zpsyuq2u9iz.jpg

PSX_20160228_170010_zpsrfazzsp9.jpg

PSX_20160229_083408_zpswlumbpx5.jpg

id deffo have a few of them on the wall for sure,especially the last one...superb photos

Where would you find the room,lol with then f***ing goat heads all over.

oh id find room.probably remove my wedding certificate,or family photos lol

• Like 2

Like I say duke, that's fine you get after it I haven't got a problem what people did with their own dogs. I'm just saying it's not for me and I wouldn't run the risk of running red deer with my dog just to see if it can pull one over. For the reason I don't like the taste of red deer and it is hardwork to gralloch, butcher and get the beast home. It would be a waste of the deer. All hypothetical of course nowadays. I am talking single handed here btw.