Charity Fishing Match Cornwall Sunday August 14Th 2016

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Results:   1st New kid 2nd Arch 3rd Newer Kid Craigy Boy Cup for biggest fish - Gerry Wooden Spoon - Haymin   Pics to follow from the professional Sean C A very cidery time was had by all  

Just the 6hr journey back. To go with the 7hr trip there. The fecking M5 is a sh1t motorway. I feel for Jim and Bob, much farther to travel then me. Some effort to drive all the way from Scotland. Top

Looking forward to this I am, good craic, good food and drink, a bit of fishing and a bit of money raised for charity.   See you all there.

Posted Images

You driving in the Jimmy???

Don't forget fuel this time!!

You need to fill up every 200 hundred miles....

Will be great to see you again

no taking that pile o shit sitting in the tard nae not and needs welding ? Bought ma self a rav 4 reliable I hope ?

My first one so tell me what I can bring to help out ? Atb Flacko

Bring anything you want except for that black pup or I will be depressed all weekend ..........

• Like 1

dont know what time people are thinking o travelling down but the a30 at the moment is a nightmare every weekend due to roadworks at the temple section. dont know i dytkos has posted it elsewhere but it may be worth leaving the a30 onto the a395 and coming that way. all depends what time you hit it as to how bad it will be.

when you get down here the easiest route to the lakes is to head in to padstow and just as you approach it you will see a sign saying newquay b3276 then one saying newquay 14. turn here and then just stay on this road 1.6 miles.you will go down a steep hill, at the bottom is a bridge as soon as you cross the bridge the car park is to your right. the entrance to the ield is 30mtrs ish up on your le t. your sat navs may take you down some country lanes that are a bit narrow to say the least.

dont know what time people are thinking o travelling down but the a30 at the moment is a nightmare every weekend due to roadworks at the temple section. dont know i dytkos has posted it elsewhere but it may be worth leaving the a30 onto the a395 and coming that way. all depends what time you hit it as to how bad it will be.

when you get down here the easiest route to the lakes is to head in to padstow and just as you approach it you will see a sign saying newquay b3276 then one saying newquay 14. turn here and then just stay on this road 1.6 miles.you will go down a steep hill, at the bottom is a bridge as soon as you cross the bridge the car park is to your right. the entrance to the ield is 30mtrs ish up on your le t. your sat navs may take you down some country lanes that are a bit narrow to say the least.

Broader directions lol, down the A30 just past Launceston you'll see a junction called Kennards House, come off the A30 here and head towards Camelford, North Cornwall and Wadebridge. (A395)

About 10 miles through the country side you'll come to the A39 (give way lol)

Turn left and go through Camelford, stay on the same road for about 10 miles you'll hit another roundabout, take the 3rd exit and go over the big bridge.

Straight over the next little roundabout and pass the Royal Cornwall Showground on your left. Keep going about another 7/8 miles you'll hit another roundabout (Winnards Perch) take a right here towards Padstow. Another few miles you'll pass Jury Park football ground on your right.

Not long after this you'll see the left turn to Newquay, take this turning and you'll see the lakes on your right after a mile or two.

There is an earlier turning for Padstow off the A39 but that's a bad bit of road for holiday traffic, a junction you might be an hour getting out of lol.

HTH. :D

Cheers, D.

Should be down 2ish, got to do something in the morning but hopefully away for midday

I'll get on the Atlantic Highway early and follow the coast down, it's a nice road anyway.

Geth is coming down around 11am on Saturday now so we'll have 4 kayaks for Saturday, I'll have 2 on Friday if anyone fancies a fish.

Poly pin of ale is ordered and I pick it up on Thursday, there's 36 pints in it..

Scrumpy is fermenting nicely in the farm shop lol

• Like 2