Going Bankrupt

Most people i know that went bankrupt did it so they did not have to pay people they owed money to, it is far to easy to declare yourself bankrupt, and i have been on the other end of it where you have done work and not got paid , you wait for months for money you are owed and then get a letter from the receiver that you are at the bottom of the list because bigger businesses come first.

It Stinks

It that instance yes it does. Personally I wasn't a business and it was banks and the tax man so to be honest I won't lose too much sleep over that. It obviously does have a knock on affect though. If I had my time again it wouldn't happen and I would have a house in country and a couple of acres but there you go. When your 19-20 with 50 quid in your wallet and its a choice between tax man or Guinness and pork scratchings mmmm

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could have gone bankrupt but decided to deal with the debts head on... best thing I ever did .. my debts got out of control when my husband left 6 yrs ago... I did what lots do ... ignored the lette

No I mean busineses going pop by someone deciding to declare themselves bankrupt.   For example I knew a great Kitchen fitter, one man band self employed sole trader, worked his b*llocks off had a

I was born bankrupt and ill die bankrupt

IT costs about £750 to go bankrupt ,,,there's loads of info on line about it...

Lad that I work with did it,,,he only owed £5000 ,,,when he did all the paperwork and took it to the court ,,,the girl asked him if he had any other credit cards,,,he did,,,it had a 10 grand limit,,,but cos he was struggling financially ,,,he hadn't spent on it...the girl said to him,,,you should have maxed that as well befor you did this.....

750 it costs ffs i couldnt afford to go bankrupt

• Like 3

The kicker is Iam still unsure wether too go for bankruptcy or not the amount I owe is astranomicle in my eyes it's 12k plus but most of it is the money that they have added on cos I couldn't pay it when I hit a ruff couple of years with an injurie and being able too save that will take me 10 years even at the rate Iam going at 6 Days a week 12 hour days Iam no closer too getting out of it then when I started see the only thing is I don't own a house or will I ever have the money for owning my own house in this area

no Bob

Who can go bankrupt and what will happen?
A common misconception is that companies go bankrupt. That is not true. In the UK bankruptcy only applies to individuals. Any individual can go bankrupt but you will need to meet the grounds for being able to petition. Luckily there is only one, which is that you are unable to repay your debts. You must owe more than £750.

I could have gone bankrupt but decided to deal with the debts head on... best thing I ever did .. my debts got out of control when my husband left 6 yrs ago... I did what lots do ... ignored the letters & calls I had a good row with myself & made that first phone call to the creditors I owed.

It wasn't as daunting as I had imagined.... if you act as soon as you can people really are helpful I now have payment plans with all my creditors & pay them every month

I dont live an extravagant life anyway .. no motor to run or have holidays ... so all in all I know where I stand & providing I am in work I can just carry on paying what I need

There's seldom any money left over for luxury's ... I also have meters for gas & leccy .... I am very frugal & buy what food I need almost daily so there's no waste ... make use of my freezer & I do price comparisons

I live day to day & dont make plans for tomorrow .. I dont think I do to badly on my £ 360 a month wages

• Like 11

Sorry should have said thats for 12.5 hours a week , my hourly wage went up in Dec to 7.08 .. I also get an attendance allowance of £ 5.31 per week

I have been at that job 10 years ... I could have got more hours else where but 99% of the jobs are zero hours .. so stuff that for a game of soldiers :thumbs: