Going Bankrupt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could have gone bankrupt but decided to deal with the debts head on... best thing I ever did .. my debts got out of control when my husband left 6 yrs ago... I did what lots do ... ignored the lette

No I mean busineses going pop by someone deciding to declare themselves bankrupt.   For example I knew a great Kitchen fitter, one man band self employed sole trader, worked his b*llocks off had a

I was born bankrupt and ill die bankrupt

The kicker is Iam still unsure wether too go for bankruptcy or not the amount I owe is astranomicle in my eyes it's 12k plus but most of it is the money that they have added on cos I couldn't pay it when I hit a ruff couple of years with an injurie and being able too save that will take me 10 years even at the rate Iam going at 6 Days a week 12 hour days Iam no closer too getting out of it then when I started see the only thing is I don't own a house or will I ever have the money for owning my own house in this area

It's only 10 years doing what your doing now. Who says things won't change for you in the very near future. I'd need to be at rock bottom to go bankrupt. I've been skint but never owed lots of money. I've borrowed and paid back.

Going bankrupt fucks up lots of things in future....trying to get a house is the big one. When you can't get a phone contract, couch or tv even though you know you can afford it it will piss you off big time. I'd think carefully before doing it..??

yea this zero hour lark is appalling me daughter has that and she don't know what shes doing one week from next

Zero hour contracts are fecked up, i'm now onto my fourth week without a single days work, and could be called anytime between 6 am and 11.30 pm to be asked to go straight in to work, i'm as white as a sheet, good job i'm semi crazy lol

I dont think I could live like that ... not knowing from one day to the next if your going to get any money ... how does it work if you have no work at all for weeks & does it mean you have to sign on & if so what happens to your expenditure commitments while your waiting for a claim to go through ?

yea this zero hour lark is appalling me daughter has that and she don't know what shes doing one week from next

Zero hour contracts are fecked up, i'm now onto my fourth week without a single days work, and could be called anytime between 6 am and 11.30 pm to be asked to go straight in to work, i'm as white as a sheet, good job i'm semi crazy lol

I dont think I could live like that ... not knowing from one day to the next if your going to get any money ... how does it work if you have no work at all for weeks & does it mean you have to sign on & if so what happens to your expenditure commitments while your waiting for a claim to go through ?

Its ridiculous when she worked for burger king they would drag her in for like 3 hours it shouldn't be allowed. She is still on zero hour else where but they are fair and she gets decent shifts and clocks up 25-35 hours week so can manage

Its ridiculous when she worked for burger king they would drag her in for like 3 hours it shouldn't be allowed. She is still on zero hour else where but they are fair and she gets decent shifts and clocks up 25-35 hours week so can manage

This is why I would rather stay where I am than risk a few months of tripple what I earn now to then have nothing to pay my stuff with if the work dries up.... pluss I dont like the thought of being sent to places that arnt easy to get to ... or like you say a couple of hours work because of a rush job then bugger all

Mate went bankrupt after his work took him to court for getting loads of tools on the company and not paying for them. Council ended up buying his house back from him he pays rent to them now. Got some cash and his rent is cheaper than his mortgage was. He's better off now than he was before

Except he had a house before and not now.

My thoughts entirely. Lol.

Surely you won't ever get a mortgage again if you declare yourself bankrupt?

I think you can technically after 6 years, but I'm sure your credit rating will be bad for a lot longer than that.

He's not bothered about getting another mortgage. His council rents miles cheaper than what his mortgage was. He has the same house for cheaper and any repair work needing done he now gets it for free from the council along with new kitchens and bathrooms every few years.

That's okay as long as you're happy living in someone else's house for the rest of your life I suppose.

What will he do when he comes to retire? Where will he live? Who will pay his rent?

Sounds mad to me that people are happy to live like that.

I will be mortgage free at 45 and can't wait. Suppose we are all different.

It's a tricky situation Kay, and they are good questions that i will have to find the answers to if i dont find alternative employment soon

The thing about rented as in council or association is you lose your job and end up on benefit your rent will be paid. So you never have to worry about a roof over your head.

But as I said before if I had another run at things I would do things right from the start and get my own place it must be heaven to own the terra firma you stand on and a credit to folks who have worked hard and achieved it. But I bet a lot have tried and through bad luck or misfortune have lost the lot unfortunately

What ever makes folks happy at the end of the day :thumbs:

Edited by terryd

The kicker is Iam still unsure wether too go for bankruptcy or not the amount I owe is astranomicle in my eyes it's 12k plus but most of it is the money that they have added on cos I couldn't pay it when I hit a ruff couple of years with an injurie and being able too save that will take me 10 years even at the rate Iam going at 6 Days a week 12 hour days Iam no closer too getting out of it then when I started see the only thing is I don't own a house or will I ever have the money for owning my own house in this area

It's only 10 years doing what your doing now. Who says things won't change for you in the very near future. I'd need to be at rock bottom to go bankrupt. I've been skint but never owed lots of money. I've borrowed and paid back.

Going bankrupt fucks up lots of things in future....trying to get a house is the big one. When you can't get a phone contract, couch or tv even though you know you can afford it it will piss you off big time. I'd think carefully before doing it..

i can't see me getting a house mate even if I did pay it off over 10 years the value of houses round this area is too high you have too move 30 miles away before you can get one on the money I make unless you get real lucky and buy a house with no Roof for cheap you can't even buy a bit of land and stick a caravan on it round here but it's home always has been most of my family is here as well plus what iam doing right now is out of the option I've been working 90 hour weeks for 7 months and getting no where and it was not much that I owed it was 4K too start with then with interest rates going sky high and never getting it down I basically bought a pickup and it was a bad buy and blew up in my face 3 k down the drain over night then another 1k too get another car then was laid off then got back too work then was on the sick with a bad back surgery so was off work for over a year the 12k plus was just interest surprising how much shit can happen over a month

BigLurks,

A good few year ago, I had the misfortune to be in the company of a proper 'tnuc' (read backwards). Anyway, he lived his life as a scammer basically, his girlfriend was in a fair bit of debt - told me he phoned up the debter and told them she was going bankrupt, and theirs no chance they are going to get anything as the list is as long as your arm, BUT.... would they accept X. After a bit of negotiation the matter got settled.

Someone in my exes family owed a lot on credit cards/banks mainly, no significant purchases, all silly consumerism. He did confide in me once and at that time it was 15k from memory, anyway, he had this theory that if after a certain amount of time they dont catch up with you then its written off. 7 years was mentioned. Any truth in that?

He went off travelling all over Oz Asia bit of Europe for 8 year at least.

BigLurks,

A good few year ago, I had the misfortune to be in the company of a proper 'tnuc' (read backwards). Anyway, he lived his life as a scammer basically, his girlfriend was in a fair bit of debt - told me he phoned up the debter and told them she was going bankrupt, and theirs no chance they are going to get anything as the list is as long as your arm, BUT.... would they accept X. After a bit of negotiation the matter got settled.

Someone in my exes family owed a lot on credit cards/banks mainly, no significant purchases, all silly consumerism. He did confide in me once and at that time it was 15k from memory, anyway, he had this theory that if after a certain amount of time they dont catch up with you then its written off. 7 years was mentioned. Any truth in that?

He went off travelling all over Oz Asia bit of Europe for 8 year at least.

its 5 years now and it's written off or so citizen advice told me but they genreally make you bankrupt in the last year if you owe more then 3000

It's a tricky situation Kay, and they are good questions that i will have to find the answers to if i dont find alternative employment soon

Good luck I know how hard it is to get a job with the employer direct :thumbs:

• Like 1