Going Bankrupt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could have gone bankrupt but decided to deal with the debts head on... best thing I ever did .. my debts got out of control when my husband left 6 yrs ago... I did what lots do ... ignored the lette

No I mean busineses going pop by someone deciding to declare themselves bankrupt.   For example I knew a great Kitchen fitter, one man band self employed sole trader, worked his b*llocks off had a

I was born bankrupt and ill die bankrupt

Any of use ever went bankrupt if so why and how did it pan out

pain in the arse having to have meters fitted for gas leccy etc but it did me good in the long run and a nice fresh start. Like a breath of fresh air to be honest after struggling for years to get head above water. Nationwide are good as well they will give a standard bank account with no credit facilities where as most banks don't want to know

to add I wasnt a home owner at the time or now but rented so I didnt have to worry about them taking my house. All so allowed to keep my car as I needed it to keep working and it wasn't a porsche

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

pain in the arse having to have meters fitted for gas leccy etc but it did me good in the long run and a nice fresh start. Like a breath of fresh air to be honest after struggling for years to get head above water. Nationwide are good as well they will give a standard bank account with no credit facilities where as most banks don't want to know

did you have too get gas and leccy meters put in I take it you mean pay as you go

did you have too get gas and leccy meters put in I take it you mean pay as you go

that is correct because you are no longer allowed credit you can't have a normal leccy or gas bill etc. This is going back 10 years or more mind but i doubt much has changed

IT costs about £750 to go bankrupt ,,,there's loads of info on line about it...

Lad that I work with did it,,,he only owed £5000 ,,,when he did all the paperwork and took it to the court ,,,the girl asked him if he had any other credit cards,,,he did,,,it had a 10 grand limit,,,but cos he was struggling financially ,,,he hadn't spent on it...the girl said to him,,,you should have maxed that as well befor you did this.....

• Like 3

Mate went bankrupt after his work took him to court for getting loads of tools on the company and not paying for them. Council ended up buying his house back from him he pays rent to them now. Got some cash and his rent is cheaper than his mortgage was. He's better off now than he was before

Except he had a house before and not now.

IT costs about £750 to go bankrupt ,,,there's loads of info on line about it...

Lad that I work with did it,,,he only owed £5000 ,,,when he did all the paperwork and took it to the court ,,,the girl asked him if he had any other credit cards,,,he did,,,it had a 10 grand limit,,,but cos he was struggling financially ,,,he hadn't spent on it...the girl said to him,,,you should have maxed that as well befor you did this.....

If you plan ahead you have a few options :whistling: . They do ask have you sold any thing in the last few week etc. But anyway if things havent worked out for what ever reason you have options and its not the end of the world or worth getting ill over.I have loads of finance and credit available now and never touch a bloody penny of it lesson learnt lol

Edited by terryd

Most people i know that went bankrupt did it so they did not have to pay people they owed money to, it is far to easy to declare yourself bankrupt, and i have been on the other end of it where you have done work and not got paid , you wait for months for money you are owed and then get a letter from the receiver that you are at the bottom of the list because bigger businesses come first.

It Stinks

• Like 7

Mate went bankrupt after his work took him to court for getting loads of tools on the company and not paying for them. Council ended up buying his house back from him he pays rent to them now. Got some cash and his rent is cheaper than his mortgage was. He's better off now than he was before

My thoughts entirely. Lol.

Surely you won't ever get a mortgage again if you declare yourself bankrupt?

My thoughts entirely. Lol.

Surely you won't ever get a mortgage again if you declare yourself bankrupt?

I think you can technically after 6 years, but I'm sure your credit rating will be bad for a lot longer than that.