The Real Devil Within.

now here is the irony. working terrier SHOW. why would anyone moan about the best made terrier winning at a terrier SHOW. the dogs should be judged on what they are made like not on scars or marks. the only way to judge a working dog is in the field. i had the bug when i had a nicely made terrier. but havnt had one since but still stick my hand in my pocket for the hunt shows with my not so well made plummers and crossbreds. dont agree with shows .. dont go :thumbs: sorted.

show breeding should not affect good lines.

• Like 3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take them for what they are, time to catch up and have the craic

Nah shows and rosette I believe give a positive image to people that are not into terrier work , I've never took them seriously enough to worry about wether they're a bad thing . For me " The Real D

Rosette hunting..... Dress the part Look the part... An chat the chat. Multiple dogs of all types in pristine condition an groomed to perfection. The judge

Posted Images

Problem isn't shows. It's guys breeding for shows or making excuses for poor work because the dog is pretty. Guys wanting a "smart type" rather than a "working type"

I don't know why you need working terrier men to judge shows? Why waste their time, it's about the prettiest dog, my mother could pick out the prettiest dog.

Having good digging men judge shows just confuses the issue, it's nothing to do with work, your dog is pretty that's it.

Just because Nuttal or Roberts or Parkes picked it out doesn't mean they like it or think it's a working dog, they have to say one is the best looking.

• Like 3

Well then there the wrong judges for the working terrier show,and as bad as the house wife and country people wantabes that buy these show dogs.why judge them and give them the red Rosset to in courage them to breed more shit and help them sell them with winners

judged many a show over the years and never give a ticket to a none working dog but had many a knox who s dog never grafted,cry like a baby saying my dog was far better looking than the scabby winner :blink: but find it a good crack to catch up and meet a few friend weather you show or not think it brings a few lads together

• Like 6

Bryan you hit the nail right on the head mate . I don't think there is no skill in being a FUN DAY dog judge . It's just a money spinner for the muppets who pay a pound get a rosette with champion on then mate it with another champion then smack another 100 pun extra on the pups and pray on the inexperienced with flash talk of the pups are out of this line or that line and they have won this show and that f****n show , champion this champion that when in reality they are just pets that have competed in a fun day event which could in reality be judged by a ten year old as it is impossible in this day and age to determine whether a dog is a worker by looking at it

judged many a show over the years and never give a ticket to a none working dog but had many a knox who s dog never grafted,cry like a baby saying my dog was far better looking than the scabby winner :blink: but find it a good crack to catch up and meet a few friend weather you show or not think it brings a few lads together

how could you possibly know if a dog is a worker or non worker in the show ring. no judge could know this unless they knew the dogs/owners personally . and well enough to go out with them and there dogs. this of course would mean judging the wrong end of the leash.

• Like 1

how could you possibly know if a dog is a worker or non worker in the show ring. no judge could know this unless they knew the dogs/owners personally . and well enough to go out with them and there dogs. this of course would mean judging the wrong end of the leash.

if you cant tell a dog that as grafted weather it is still grafting or not you should not be in the dog game and before anyone asks dont ask me to explain :icon_eek: as this might offend i have had terriers over 35 years and many a lad on will have had the same and what a stupid statement that was mate a good terrier man can tell take it from me you should know the signs wether its a dog you know or not

• Like 2

if you cant tell a dog that as grafted weather it is still grafting or not you should not be in the dog game and before anyone asks dont ask me to explain :icon_eek: as this might offend i have had terriers over 35 years and many a lad on will have had the same and what a stupid statement that was mate a good terrier man can tell take it from me you should know the signs wether its a dog you know or not

could you explain please?

could you explain please?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i wont ask you to explain. as it cant be done. how the f**k can you tell a worker from a none worker from a jacker from a promising youngster. there are plenty good workers show little signs of work and there are plenty that get doubled up or stop ended this game is full of folk that like to see work on there terriers. if it is earned in honest graft is another thing altogether. i dont want to be niggling on the www but i'll say it again you cant judge a dog on working ability in a fecking show ring.

we all see the lads with all the gear and five dogs in great condition with near perfect conformation. fancy cages and lots of stickers on the window. show leads at the ready. and yes chances are they are there to try for the covetted silverware. This whole picture has nothing to do with the dog in the ring. neither can you make assumptions that the lads with two well marked dogs drinking a can of beer wearing boots arse hanging oot of there joggies have good working dogs. this to me is guesswork not judging . as ive said its judging the wrong end of the leash.

if we judge a working terrier show we can only assume that a dog that looks like a good worker is just that. unless we have seen it with our own eyes. unless we take in other factors. sorry if this sounds stupid also.

• Like 9

A working terrier show Is just "That" a show.

Not a test of ability nor a scar competition.

A working terrier show is a good place to catch up an have the craic.

Some like some don't like . As for judging, of coarse it's a guess but I would sooner call it "opinion" and the right judge would have a more educated "opinion" .

• Like 9