Never Ceases To Amaze Me

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup ! I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls . Obviously they done t

Posted Images

It's threads like this that remind me of how good we got it in the US in regards to working terriers . It's such a small niche that word travels fast if a guy is on the level and what he's running.

Have you lads got some decent stuff over there now?

Iv only seen pictures of some of the coloured dogs you have over there and they all look saturated with bull blood.

Is that the case or am I seeing pics of the same dogs all the time. Lol

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a funny old game. My advice to lads wanting better than they've got, do the best with what you have, the lads with decent stuff are always after good lads who'll bring a pup on right and give it a genuine chance.

totally disagree, letting a pup go to someone in no way affects what you and your mates do, what would make the terrier job in a better state would be sharing the good blood and then the overall quality of terriers being bred would go up, and this would in no way affect you or your breeding plans, also how do you know when someone enquires for a pup there (in your opinion) an idiot. they may just be thinking that about you? and all i can say about you giving pups to lads you dont know is you must have changed in the last 15 yrs or so?[/

quote]

would the quality go up though? Look at greyhounds -everyone has access to the same stud dogs - there's still as much dirt around as there always was if not more. .people are forgetting about luck -you could put a brilliant dog of a bitch of the same calibre and get pups that are an embarrassment to their parents or a neighbours heinz 57 breaks in and covers your bitch and you give them all away , then they turn out better than anything you ever had....neither scenario is likely but I've seen it happen

Everyone has access to the same top dogs. But some don't want that, they don't strive for the top.

They won't spend the money. They'll make do with the brother of a top producer and an aunt of a great brood bitch.

Look at the card for Clonmel coursing it's dominated by 3-4 Studs and a few great bitches. There's a bit of luck involved but Skelligs have 4 runners out of one litter Addios Alonso X Skellig Babe. There's luck, but with top blood the odds are stacked in your favour?

Add to that the top guys cover every detail, no short cuts, no half measures, no aspect of conditioning overlooked. No excuses for their own input no "if they're good enough they'll do it"

But the very important point is there isn't open access to the quality brood bitches. Money won't get you access, you got to be known, got to have a record of getting the best out of quality.

Great breeding dominates at the top and great stockman ship.

The real believers in luck get to clonmel once in a lifetime if that, with an animal not quite bred right, short cuts in the preparation etc.

They've zero chance of success. But they are in the majority in the dog world.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 4

Plenty lads willing to spend money for the so called top breeding a lot them decent lads that know what there at but the so called top men keep what comes from their so called top brood bitchs for themselves and their mates and rightly but why then breed from the studs litter mates and likewise with their so called top broods and charge nice sums of money to lads who genuinely then think there getn the best. When there only getting inferior stock.

It's threads like this that remind me of how good we got it in the US in regards to working terriers . It's such a small niche that word travels fast if a guy is on the level and what he's running.

Have you lads got some decent stuff over there now?

Iv only seen pictures of some of the coloured dogs you have over there and they all look saturated with bull blood.

Is that the case or am I seeing pics of the same dogs all the time. Lol

We're getting better . The colored dogs you've been seeing most likely do have a fair amount of bull blood in them . We can thank the hog guys for that . They wanted a bigger, stronger dog that was still small enough to bolt a pig from really thick cover . Result is what you see .

Not my cup of tea , but whatever.

That type doesn't fill the need that I have.

• Like 2

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a funny old game. My advice to lads wanting better than they've got, do the best with what you have, the lads with decent stuff are always after good lads who'll bring a pup on right and give it a genuine chance.

totally disagree, letting a pup go to someone in no way affects what you and your mates do, what would make the terrier job in a better state would be sharing the good blood and then the overall quality of terriers being bred would go up, and this would in no way affect you or your breeding plans, also how do you know when someone enquires for a pup there (in your opinion) an idiot. they may just be thinking that about you? and all i can say about you giving pups to lads you dont know is you must have changed in the last 15 yrs or so?[/

quote]

would the quality go up though? Look at greyhounds -everyone has access to the same stud dogs - there's still as much dirt around as there always was if not more. .people are forgetting about luck -you could put a brilliant dog of a bitch of the same calibre and get pups that are an embarrassment to their parents or a neighbours heinz 57 breaks in and covers your bitch and you give them all away , then they turn out better than anything you ever had....neither scenario is likely but I've seen it happen

Everyone has access to the same top dogs. But some don't want that, they don't strive for the top.

Skellig bitch that won in ardpatrick /Kilfinnnane could well win the oaks - other 3 were lucky I. m.o..there's hundreds of better bred more expensive dogs that won't see a coursing field again -a fair amount of luck involved -as far as I know brendan Matthews has no qualifiers - unless he bought one .He has probably forgotten more than most people know about greyhounds. ..I think Alonso is the best coursing sire alive. .but there was a split litter -half by Alonso and half by aughaburren (mafi (I think ))-a dog that jumped the fence. -the aughaburrens were better than the Alonso. ..The more I see the less I know

They won't spend the money. They'll make do with the brother of a top producer and an aunt of a great brood bitch.

Look at the card for Clonmel coursing it's dominated by 3-4 Studs and a few great bitches. There's a bit of luck involved but Skelligs have 4 runners out of one litter Addios Alonso X Skellig Babe. There's luck, but with top blood the odds are stacked in your favour?

Add to that the top guys cover every detail, no short cuts, no half measures, no aspect of conditioning overlooked. No excuses for their own input no "if they're good enough they'll do it"

But the very important point is there isn't open access to the quality brood bitches. Money won't get you access, you got to be known, got to have a record of getting the best out of quality.

Great breeding dominates at the top and great stockman ship.

The real believers in luck get to clonmel once in a lifetime if that, with an animal not quite bred right, short cuts in the preparation etc.

They've zero chance of success. But they are in the majority in the dog world.

You want to see how f****d up breeders are give Pussy a ring lol.He will sell you anything,tell you anything and then take it back when it works better than his .The only way for a lad to progress is slowly ,there are no quick fixes to be bought .Get yourself out with a decent lad no matter what the cost and serve time on a graft .To get the best stock you first have to get into the trusted zone ,keep your head down and graft .

• Like 5

Ffs ,ask man .If you have to travel half a day then do it .Too many expect the earth but won't lift a lazy fingure to get it and before anyone asks I've enough mates to last a lifetime lol.

Despite claims to the contrary there is a lot of good stuff up and down the country with unasumimg lads that live for the dogs .Forget names ,they are there for one reason only and that's coin .Dig with simeonbe who digfs regular .They can't fail to have decent stuff as they wouldn't diggiunbg regular .This infatuation with names is what gives rise to jealousy and greed ,get away from it and just find a digging lad .

• Like 10