Pups Doing

well wezza took the young guns today dug one with the chocolate dog the brother to yours,missed a nice dog fox with old bitch entered here after she gave me a good mark and whilst i was netting up it bolted you learn by your mistakes before anyone jumps on me,then we tried a mates dog in some bales charlie was quick out but left to run another day,ended up on a hedge where another was dug so not a bad day mate made up we dug one with the young dog quick and easy

• Like 5

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taz, For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing. Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it go

Alright taz. Redge The dog I got off you around 3/4 seasons ago has never missed to this day! And he will never let me down to the day he dies, one hell of a dog with the heart of a lion. dug to him y

Posted Images

Happy days Mate sounds like a cracking day all round. Glad the youngster went well, high hopes for the future i should think mate. Glad this weather is finally turning as we have struggled getting stuff to ground with it being so mild, i was pleased to see a good hard frost this morning long may it continue.

well wezza took the young guns today dug one with the chocolate dog the brother to yours,missed a nice dog fox with old bitch entered here after she gave me a good mark and whilst i was netting up it bolted you learn by your mistakes before anyone jumps on me,then we tried a mates dog in some bales charlie was quick out but left to run another day,ended up on a hedge where another was dug so not a bad day mate made up we dug one with the young dog quick and easy

Sounds like a good day there taz you must be chuffed getting the young dog started??

• Like 1

What do you class as surpless FD?...

Surplus stock ..........

This is where some will throw the dummy out but here goes .Way before a mating i like to know who wants a pup or rather IMO who deserves a pup (havnt always been right here )

Before pups are born i see who wants what sex so that when the day comes i know exactly whats worth rearing and cull whats not needed .

Depending on ratio in litter i will cull dogs in preference and gift bitches in place of a dog .I dont have room to run on excess nor does anyone else i know so they are surplus .

Culling is a term many cant cant comprehend but ill cull when i see fit which dosnt only concern pups .Surplus is a broad term which encompasses those bitches that arnt decent producers ,theres more to a bitch than a days graft but i know some lads will find this hard to believe .

Pups that dont start grafting at 16-18 months are surplus as this is what ive found to be the cut off point .Some will find this hard to stomach as well but they are culled too .

Im not going to justify any of this nor will i change so make of it what you will .

What i will say is that, what is left, is in my opinion equal to any in the country .

• Like 7

Sounds like a good day there taz you must be chuffed getting the young dog started

its was only a shallow one 3ft and we had it out within 30 mins after leaving him for 20 mins but a positive start

• Like 1

there is times dogs need to be pts but not has pups i breed when im ready to develop the stock,no way would i cull a pup i might be relentless in the field and many a lad seen what becomes of there dogs that are shite while out,but eveyone to there own we will never agree think this as run its course as some will agree and some will disagree

• Like 2

I give a cuple of pups away doing a man I thought was correct a favour he passed them on with out offering me back 1 of em had 5 homes before it was 18 months old 1 of them found a good home on its 3rd I was present on the pups first dig it done 3.5 hours @ 12 month old the dog wasent being passed about because it was no good it never put a foot wrong just some people can't hold on to dogs and chop and change buy and sell its in ther nature ,,, I whuld much rather see them make sumone happy and be treated with respect weather it a pet home or working home working home preferred due to the feed back of pups progress.. but if your trying to run a line it's Gona be hard to find good homes were you need not worry for them all so as time goes on ime more coming round to foxdroppers methods keep what I want help a freind if Thers one To be helped at the time and cull the rest I can also see why people whuld sell the surplus pups but I whuldent do that my dogs are my hobby hobbys cost money

Genuine question! Why is some folk can't hold onto dogs! Either passing on or moving onto another, like a continuous cycle etc?

I know some won't make the mark, but you say also it's in there nature.

I ask as I've met a couple like this, seem to have a different dog every other week/month.

Cheers

I give a cuple of pups away doing a man I thought was correct a favour he passed them on with out offering me back 1 of em had 5 homes before it was 18 months old 1 of them found a good home on its 3rd I was present on the pups first dig it done 3.5 hours @ 12 month old the dog wasent being passed about because it was no good it never put a foot wrong just some people can't hold on to dogs and chop and change buy and sell its in ther nature ,,, I whuld much rather see them make sumone happy and be treated with respect weather it a pet home or working home working home preferred due to the feed back of pups progress.. but if your trying to run a line it's Gona be hard to find good homes were you need not worry for them all so as time goes on ime more coming round to foxdroppers methods keep what I want help a freind if Thers one To be helped at the time and cull the rest I can also see why people whuld sell the surplus pups but I whuldent do that my dogs are my hobby hobbys cost money

Genuine question! Why is some folk can't hold onto dogs! Either passing on or moving onto another, like a continuous cycle etc?

I know some won't make the mark, but you say also it's in there nature.

I ask as I've met a couple like this, seem to have a different dog every other week/month.

Cheers

your not alone,known lads that just can't see what they got/had till its gone,always chasing the dream lol.atb dc
  • Like 3

Some people like to have the next best thing with the best names in the breeding mate, some people as in seem to just like having pups about them, like that more than the actual working side of things, the odd dig keeps them happy

• Like 1

Some people like to have the next best thing with the best names in the breeding mate, some people as in seem to just like having pups about them, like that more than the actual working side of things, the odd dig keeps them

a very good terrier man once told me terriers are what you make of them see many a good terrier ruined because the owners ego gets the better of them,enter the dog to early or give the dog to many when he is hurting also not resting the dog or healing him properly you are in the terrier game respect what you have and the little lion you have will do you proud at some stage

• Like 3

Some people like to have the next best thing with the best names in the breeding mate, some people as in seem to just like having pups about them, like that more than the actual working side of things, the odd dig keeps them

a very good terrier man once told me terriers are what you make of them see many a good terrier ruined because the owners ego gets the better of them,enter the dog to early or give the dog to many when he is hurting also not resting the dog or healing him properly you are in the terrier game respect what you have and the little lion you have will do you proud at some stage
that all true if youve got the the breeding. without it your very likely bringing on a dog that will never work for you.
  • Like 2

that all true if youve got the the breeding. without it your very likely bringing on a dog that will never work for you.

seen a well bred dog ruined by its owner aswell rob many times, they know they have the breeding and ruin the dog at a young age and wonder why its hasnt produces

• Like 1

It seems there are many things that can go wrong and many mistakes that can be made. To those who are smart, patient and disciplined enough to sort it all out and consistently produce quality terriers deserve credit imho, no matter how the end goal is achieved. I have to say I think you also have to be a bit mad as all the terrier men I know are total nutters and you lot have done nothing to convince me otherwise. ?

• Like 1