Pups Doing

Taz,

For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing.

Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought my FRIENDS had the same ethics.

Those true lines are thin these days, dispute what is displayed on the net.

If you have that line, it won't fail ya! Best of luck, them fellas that he has shared this stuff with, pay heed go back to him,and his advice or lose it.

Best to best and cherish that special individual that we are all blessed to have in our hands from time to time.

• Like 13

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taz, For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing. Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it go

Alright taz. Redge The dog I got off you around 3/4 seasons ago has never missed to this day! And he will never let me down to the day he dies, one hell of a dog with the heart of a lion. dug to him y

Posted Images

Taz,

For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing.

Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought my FRIENDS had the same ethics.

Those true lines are thin these days, dispute what is displayed on the net.

If you have that line, it won't fail ya! Best of luck, them fellas that he has shared this stuff with, pay heed go back to him,and his advice or lose it.

Best to best and cherish that special individual that we are all blessed to have in our hands from time to time.

Wise words mate

• Like 2

This bloke has come on with depth and knowledge of his chosen line, he has the backing of several chaps with good feedback off working abilities. Great stuff! If you can share the gospel and glean a few months of feed bills back, go for it. My heart and soul is with you brother.

• Like 3

seen a well bred dog ruined by its owner aswell rob many times, they know they have the breeding and ruin the dog at a young age and wonder why its hasnt produces

Mole265 wrote

Some lads haven't got a clue and will always ruin youngsters no matter how well the youngsters are bred then blame the breeders when the problem is on there own doorstep.

Taz, do you reckon it comes down to impatience/inexperience?

Cheers

no think the breeding needs to be there,some dogs will go well before others,my old dog was the last of the litter to work he is the only surviving dog of that litter now,need to bring the dogs on right,right earth for right dog at right time then progress from there

• Like 1

seen a well bred dog ruined by its owner aswell rob many times, they know they have the breeding and ruin the dog at a young age and wonder why its hasnt produces

Mole265 wrote

Some lads haven't got a clue and will always ruin youngsters no matter how well the youngsters are bred then blame the breeders when the problem is on there own doorstep.

no direspect to anyone but to many idiots in the game like mole said seen many a well bred dog ruined, give many a lad some good advise to them totally ignore it and fucx there line up,dont get to eager you get a young well bred dog time effeort and he will do you proud,you rush let your ego get the better of you dog will end up in the ground or passed about and you looking for another pup and you calling the breeder worse than shit

Mole265 wrote

no direspect to anyone but to many idiots in the game like mole said seen many a well bred dog ruined, give many a lad some good advise to them totally ignore it and fucx there line up,dont get to eager you get a young well bred dog time effeort and he will do you proud,you rush let your ego get the better of you dog will end up in the ground or passed about and you looking for another pup and you calling the breeder worse than shit

Get what your saying mate and sounds like you are having good results with the way you go about things, but this have patience thing gets me thinking. If the young dog isn't performing then how long should you give it? How many mornings should you be willing to let the young dog ruin making a mess of a easyish job, digging a couple of holes on a nice permission with no end results?

A lot of people chop and change continually because they havent got the patience or the brains to bring on a pup and enter it correctly. They either spoil every pup they have and brand it as shite breeding etc etc blaming anybody but themselves or they try to buy success by buying in entered dogs and skipping the difficult part of entering.

• Like 4

Mole265 wrote

Get what your saying mate and sounds like you are having good results with the way you go about things, but this have patience thing gets me thinking. If the young dog isn't performing then how long should you give it? How many mornings should you be willing to let the young dog ruin making a mess of a easyish job, digging a couple of holes on a nice permission with no end results?

Interesting thoughts. My old line before I packed in many a year ago were mad keen , like seriously so, had to be held back as wanting to drop in from 6 months and I knew they would enter as soon as I let them after 12-13 months. The new pup, only trusting the breeder that she will indeed go has shown no interest yet, granted she hasn't been around a lot but is bushing well, using her nose and tbh picking up countryside experience as I have no other dog now to show her. She is still startled by other dogs barking and very much a puppy with other older dogs. She is nine months old and I expect nothing from her until probably after Christmas next year. I hope to get her out with some experienced diggers and dogs at either the very tail end of this season for a sniff or the start of next but no rush with her. If it's in her , she will go when the time is right but will have until she is two before I write her off and only then if not interested at all.

i usually let my dogs feel a few sharp teeth around 14 months like yesterday young dog felt the sharp end in a ,nice easy place got a few scrapes but will now be held for a few digs let him watch again and will be tried another 3 times before the end of march will then rest the summer ready for next season where he will be out most times unless healing or resting but still will be kept fit,fitness is another big thing in this game seen dogs jack because not fit enough to stand till deep digs but thats another subject

• Like 4

foxdropper

Today, 07:18 AM

Then its no wonder some of us get a bit touchy as to who has them .

Mole265 wrote

Who appointed you the working terrier pup police you would think it's your line of terrier it's Brian Nuttal's line you know Brian the guy you used to respect was that until you got his line of terrier. So you just carry on culling health surplus pups to stop lads getting them and let Taz sell his healthy surplus pups to recommend lads who will then give taz the feedback on how the surplus pups are progressing I know which option I'd prefer.

• Like 3

foxdropper

Mole265 wrote

Who appointed you the working terrier pup police you would think it's your line of terrier it's Brian Nuttal's line you know Brian the guy you used to respect was that until you got his line of terrier. So you just carry on culling health surplus pups to stop lads getting them and let Taz sell his healthy surplus pups to recommend lads who will then give taz the feedback on how the surplus pups are progressing I know which option I'd prefer.

Because there's no bullshitters in the terrier game eh

• Like 3

foxdropper

Mole265 wrote

Because there's no bullshitters in the terrier game eh

Mole265 wrote

Well you can only go on a man's word but with the magic of IPhone or camcorder you could ask for some photos and/or videos of the said dog and between the conversations with the owner and photos/videos I think you'd get an idea if the dog had started work or not

eh.