Deep Digs! Fact Or Fiction?

plenty plummers work to ground. although i'm sure most wouldnt meet the exacting standards of most digging lads.this old girl worked below nothing to startling but we got by. :thumbs:

post-100217-0-86973400-1452362293_thumb.jpg

sassy far to big for most folk. she got by below and exelled on top. now retired

Edited by hjckcff
  • Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have dug past 6 m on the bell man a few times,nasty spots we would love them aĺl to be 2 footers,lol,a good dog knows no limits/depth imo.couldn't give two fucks for the non believers,not that it n

Deepest We have been 5.2M on the Bellman . Dug beside farmers house he came out with a light bulb and extension lead there were a few large boulders in the dig . He came round with s

4.7 on the box through two layers of stone and shale then sand all the way.Experience teaches a man to start these digs at a reasonable size instead of having to chop a section down part way through.W

Posted Images

4.7 on the box through two layers of stone and shale then sand all the way.Experience teaches a man to start these digs at a reasonable size instead of having to chop a section down part way through.When a dogs in deep you just get on with it .They are not something to brag about as ive known shallow spots take as long but as to the quality of dog ,they need no introduction from me .Hats off to the dogs staying to be dug to i say .

• Like 9

deepest i ever had was 11 odd foot, on my own! had taken a dog out mid week to a nice two holer i'd always had an easy bolt from in the past, old mk 1 box and collar. put net over one hole, dog in t'other. dog started baying pretty sharpish then on the move. sat back and waited for the net to tighten....and waited, then heard a nice steady bay again, knocking at 8ft, thought i'll give him awhile to settle, then he moved on deeper...first 4ft or so was quite easy going but quickly turned into a b*****d! it was a good half days digging and finally broke thru to a dirty great dog fox and a rather sore tyke....wife thought i'd been abducted...

Yokel

• Like 4

I,ve commented on a thread like this before,deepest dig was 7 metres,but to be honest it wasnt to bad of a dig everytime you put the shovel in you got a full shovel out,it did take us all day,but ive had shallower digs that have proper ballaches,but it wouldnt be the same if they were all shallow or easy.

• Like 2

How deep can we dig really lads ? Come on let's hear them and see some pics?

I still find it difficult to believe that the twats that dangle a worm on here still catch fish,ego,s are the ruination of a working kennel.

We have dug past 6 m on the bell man a few times,nasty spots we would love them aĺl to be 2 footers,lol,a good dog knows no limits/depth imo.couldn't give two fucks for the non believers,attachicon.gifBlackhearts Dogs 224.jpgattachicon.gifBlackhearts Dogs 235.jpgnot that it needs proving but a few lads on here where there shifting dirt while the armchair hunters on thl where getting threads locked lol I've waited a long time for them c**ts to be found out,seems now the truth has come out thanks to a real dogman tree hands ;) respect.atb dc

where was this dan

13ft dig deepest iv done little black patterdale bitch 3 holer in a dyke didn't think it would be that deep the fox actually bolted right out at my feet as the dog was only in about 30 seconds an went down another hole anyway dog straight out behind it an back in left her a bit could hear her steady baying checked with the b&f got a mark she was staying an not moving so started a dig first 5ft easy then started to become solid was just chipping away at like sandstone all the way down to make it worse it was raining all through the day but we got down an broke in to the bitch with a dog fox in a stop end it took around 9 - 10 hour was really hard but would I do it again? probably not it really took it out of the dog and fox they both was exhausted and wouldn't want to put either of them through that again.

Atb Jake w

• Like 1

deep digs fact or fiction,,,,,,,,,,if you have worked terriers for a few years ,you would know the answer yourself.

My deepest dig just over 16 ft,went back to car to get my camera came back five minutes later and the hole had collapsed in,,i was very lucky not to be killed.

On a different note it was in the days of the old clicker boxes,it could not pick up the dog at that depth, however i could hear the dog steadily baying with my ear to the ground.

at 16 feet deep who are yea superman
  • Like 1

deep digs fact or fiction,,,,,,,,,,if you have worked terriers for a few years ,you would know the answer yourself.

My deepest dig just over 16 ft,went back to car to get my camera came back five minutes later and the hole had collapsed in,,i was very lucky not to be killed.

On a different note it was in the days of the old clicker boxes,it could not pick up the dog at that depth, however i could hear the dog steadily baying with my ear to the ground.

at 16 feet deep who are yea superman

no superman..just someone with more exerience,did you know sound travels further in different types of soil,,,,maybe the new bellmans have cut a few to many corners for the modern terrier man...ps i own a bellman they are fantastic

but i am not reliant on one...............are you..?????

Done 5.2 meter/ 17ft this season dog never moved an inch.... Mates done 7 meter last season dig turned more to a rescue but dog with quary when reached. Give us 4/5 footers any day but as saying goes you put them in you dig them out!! One thing Al say near the break thro on 17ft looking up your saying to your self please hold long enough till dog an quary safe!

• Like 2