Huskies

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome dogs but wouldn't want one as a pet. Was lucky enough to spend a couple of days in Sweden with them a few years back. Some were quite racy as you say, and they have got some greyhound blood.

dogs are/were bred for tools to be used for our benefit. They are dangerous when used in the wrong place by people who shouldnt have them in the first place.And then we blame the tools.

qui   I'd put money on it pleanty do have bully types in them strong determined dogs . I remember a friend of mine thort it was a good idea it tie a rope to his bike and to the coller of his big b

Sled dogs look nothing like the fluffy shite balls that we have now as show huskies. A lot of sled dogs look almost lurcher/hound/collie/wolf like. Much racier.

A lot of them have greyhound an plenty of other breeds in their make up i was looking at yukon men and i could of sworn i seen one with bull in it

I had 2 litter brothers about 15 year ago. I used them pull me on a push bike. Had all the gear and they used to run for miles. Good fun. But got some funny looks.

I had them from pups and put alot of time into them. But I couldnt let them off the lead. They were b*****ds with stock. At 6 months old one of them nailed a cow in the field. Hung off its nose and wouldn't let go. But there favourite prey were sheep. I tried everything to break them to sheep but couldn't stop them. My old man let one of them off the lead one day on the beach at about 5 in the morning when no one was about. Dad came back to the house at about 7 and told me he had been a twat and let him off. I found him up on the cliff tops chest deep in a sheep carcass. I rang the farmer to apologise and found out he had killed 9 in total. cost me a pretty penny....

Would I have another.... Not a chance! Lol

qui

Sled dogs look nothing like the fluffy shite balls that we have now as show huskies. A lot of sled dogs look almost lurcher/hound/collie/wolf like. Much racier.

A lot of them have greyhound an plenty of other breeds in their make up i was looking at yukon men and i could of sworn i seen one with bull in it

I'd put money on it pleanty do have bully types in them strong determined dogs . I remember a friend of mine thort it was a good idea it tie a rope to his bike and to the coller of his big bully type was great until the dog saw something down the road and ran a good 150m with a bike dragging behind it and it's limping owener trying to catch the dog

• Like 3

When I had mine there wasnt many in the UK. The father to my pups was imported from some Arctic tundra. Over there they let them go in the summer months to fend for themselves. And then bring them in for the winter months to work.

As wild as it gets! Lol

Ours was a fantastic dog.

Very loving and affectionate, brilliant with the little one, would walk off the lead to heel without a problem (ironically would roll on its back and not walk if you put a lead on it but not an issue for us as they don't really get walked, we just have then out on the field)

She was friendly to other dogs, vocal if someone was at the gate or the door but soon settled once she knew it wasn't 'danger'.

Unfortunately we lost her to an extremely aggressive tumour that went massive in the space of days and was under her front leg but attached to the chest wall and inoperable.

Also got an Akita which is just like a teddy. Soft as shite with family and friends and was always fine with other dogs until a neighbours rat on a rope lap dog thing bit her snout under the gate. Since then she has been a sod with passing dogs.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome dogs but wouldn't want one as a pet. Was lucky enough to spend a couple of days in Sweden with them a few years back. Some were quite racy as you say, and they have got some greyhound blood.

DSC_0162-1.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0121-1.jpg

DSC_0158-1.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

• Like 9

I had one I had to move on last Xmas . Beautiful animal, great off the lead pita on the lead. However he was extremely aggressive and a complete Alpha. Great if I was at home but if I went away working, when I got back I had to either ignore him for two days or take him outside and scruff him until he. Submitted. Not easy with a 28" , 40kg dog.

In the end he couldn't be trusted around my toddler though he never showed any aggression towards him ever. Was totally stock broken though and now lives with a hill collie on a big farm at Shap.

I would never have another, he was a throwback, bigger and stronger than the artic wolves at south lakes zoo.