Hunting Life Member Attacked.

Just thinking,reading the air ambulance donation bits. How would it be received if ALL importers and manufactures of cartridges put 10p on each box of 25 and sent it to AA Headquaters to divvy up to each helecopter.

Somehow those that don't shoot could somehow pay a little by a different route.

Then,the more we hunt,the more we pay. Also looks good on those nasty people that hunt the poor lttle fluffy bunnies etc.

What do you think?

that a good idea, the companys that make walking and camping gear could do the same

An idea such as this needs putting forward to the company/s in question,I'd suggest a petition of some sort in support of it to be put forward and see what their reaction is,not to put a dampner on it but they'd have to consider those who'd feel they are being forced to donate as well,good idea though and a worthwhile charity for sure...

if someone starts a petition I for one will sign it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you all for your kind words its andys wife tonya, he is on the mend though still in pain and having nightmares about the attack so the nights are long and seem to have extra hours in them! but w

a message from andy..........i am am overwhelmed by the kind responses and gifts you have sent for me for my recovery, a bleak beginning to last week has ended with my faith in humanity being restored

hi lads and lasses its tonya, it happened just outside of edmundbyre near derwent i cant really say much at the minute as some of the villagers may have an idea who it could have been and the wildlife

Posted Images

11407154_823617251050227_610772708715793

Durham Constabulary
39 mins ·

A man was left injured and shaken after an unprovoked assault.

The incident happened in Edmundbyers near Consett at around 1pm on Tuesday, December 8.

The victim, a local man in his 50s, was approached from behind by two men, struck on the head and knocked unconscious sustaining injuries to his arm as a result of the assault. He was transported by air to hospital and has since been discharged.

The first suspect is described as a white man, aged around 50, six feet tall and of muscular build with tattooed writing on his neck and a swallow tattoo on his hand. He was dressed in a camouflage jacket and was wearing a flat cap.

The second suspect is described as a white man, aged around 45, about five feet tall and of stocky build. He was described as scruffy in appearance and was wearing a wax jacket and had a tattoo on his lower neck near his collarbone.

The suspects had two lurcher dogs with them, one black in colour and one brindle.

PC Michael Rutherford said: “This was an unprovoked and nasty attack which not only left the victim injured but also very shaken.

“The attack took place on farm land on which the victim had been, with permission, hunting rabbits. When he came round after the attack, the rabbits that he had caught had been stolen. We would like to appeal to anyone with information that might help us trace those responsible to get in touch.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Michael Rutherford from Durham Constabulary on 101, quoting reference SB1501517.

this has now been released by the police on the durham constabulary page today. we had been asked by police not to say anything till preliminary investigation had been released but now we can give descriptions as have been listed in the police report above.

andy is getting better every day and doing my head in as its due snow next week and he cant quite get out to get the bunnies......best wishes everyone and thank you all for the kind words and gifts

• Like 4

Let's hope one of the lads from the area on here recognises the description.

Be an awful shame if something were to happen to them before the police caught them... :whistling:

Glad to hear Andy is on the mend sure he'll be out bashing those bunnies again in no time :thumbs:

Edited by BGD
  • Like 1

Very concerning especially as its only a couple of minutes away from some of my permission! Quite a few of the farms up that way have been having break-ins recently too, with my permission being hit a couple of days after Christmas.. W@NK3RS!

Hope Andy is recovering well and keen to get back out, also hope that these scumbags are caught soon!

People like that need locking up! (and a good flogging themselves)

• Like 3

just read this thread :censored: ​ had stuff stolen makes you feel rotten but to get hurt as well cant imagine how its turning over in your mind rest assured I always think what goes around comes around .a.t.b.

added a little to the pot not much but hope it helps .

Dave..

Just got email from pay pal saying andy hasn't got a paypal set up so my donation hasn't gone any one help me sort this out it's not much money but still want it to go to help out this lad.
  • Like 2

All

Just read this, what a terrible situation. If someone can pm me Andys address i will send down a goody bag of bits and pieces to cheer him up. I have a spare set of pocket binoculars he can have, and i work in the shooting fishing industry so can make up a small box of useful bits and pieces, things like some water repellent for his hat and jacket, some glues and sealants, a wee knife and any other shiny things i have in the store.

cheers

Dave

• Like 7

Right, this is pretty hard to write, so please bare with me. When reading an ongoing thread the information comes in posts, little blocks of information if you like. While we may read each and every post on a thread it just builds up a fragmented picture in our minds, while we may have the general drift of a thread we rarely have the whole picture.

To this end, when I cannot get the whole picture a thread is portraying, I often go back and read it all again without having to stop for new posts etc; I have done that with this thread. Once I had re-read the thread and the continuity was there, it built up a different picture in my mind.

Please feel free to do the same.

• Like 1