Hunting Life Member Attacked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you all for your kind words its andys wife tonya, he is on the mend though still in pain and having nightmares about the attack so the nights are long and seem to have extra hours in them! but w

a message from andy..........i am am overwhelmed by the kind responses and gifts you have sent for me for my recovery, a bleak beginning to last week has ended with my faith in humanity being restored

hi lads and lasses its tonya, it happened just outside of edmundbyre near derwent i cant really say much at the minute as some of the villagers may have an idea who it could have been and the wildlife

Posted Images

Very sad news to hear and I wish Andy a speedy recovery. Looks like you're on the mend and your spirit has not been broken.

Disgusting that a man can't enjoy the countryside in peace without some scumbag low life's beating and robbing you. I hope these lads get what's coming to them.

Dog looks a little cracker by the way. The bit about stealing his binoculars that were a birthday present and have sentimental value nearly had me in tears.

All the best to Andy and his family.

• Like 1

Are there many eastern European about.not being a racists but some come here and live rough.on the vodka allday.

not in this area luckily enough. theres little towns, villages all around this area with loads of dog lads. hope they do find whos done this.

hi guys its tonya - we heard last night of another attack in similar circumstances in the same area and are working with the wildlife police,

I have been trying to find details of this on the local news sites and Internet in general but nothing's coming up?

Where was it and has it been in your local paper.

Thanks.

moxy where as your other post gone where you put link up ?

I removed it mate after I read through it. My mistake. I just read the airlifted bit. Same day and area. Same hospital Andy was taken to. Probably same air ambulance.

Here have a read

http://www.greatnorthairambulance.co.uk/news-and-events/article/man-airlifted-from-derwent-reservoir/

hi its tonya im assuring you that the ambulance service have this wrong and now i know i will get onto them today and get that changed

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
how's this Tonya?‏
clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
how's this Tonya?
To: tondup1969@hotmail.com
bluemanmxl.png
FRONT Page news
Head...Edmundbyers villagers helped man attacked while ferreting
A MAN from Chilton who was rabbitting with permission in Edmundbyers was left for dead after being attacked in a remote field.
Andrew Kelly, a member of the Ferret Rescue charity, was using his ferrets and his little dog to go rabbiting on farmland in the village when he was attacked from behind. He was unconcious for a while but managed to call his wife, Tonya, on his aged mobile phone.
Tonya said, “Whoever it was and for whatever reason we still don’t know but Andrew was cracked on the head and robbed of his money. When I answered the phone, he was crying with pain and shock.”
Tonya alerted the farmer who immediately formed a search party and found Andrew, who had also suffered a fractured colar bone and broken shoulder, was found after two and half hours. She kept him talking on the phone, asking him for his location or any landmarks he could see.
“The villagers were amazing, scouting around on quads and on foot. If they hadn’t found him in such a relatively short time, I hate to think what might have happened. The attackers left him for dead.”
When Andrew was found, he was in a difficult situation. The ambulance service asked that he be carried to the nearest road, which was three fields away and impossible. Eventually, a helicopter arrived and whisked him away to Carlisle Hospital where he was treated and sent home four hours later.
To add insult to injury, it was also his birthday that day!
Tonya and Andrew took the opportunity to express their deep gratitude to the villagers of Edmundbyers. “We are just so very grateful and extremely impressed at the kindness of the villagers who took the time to do this. The community there really pulled out all the stops and worked together to perhaps save Andrew’s life,” said Tonya.
If anyone has any information about this attack, please inform police by dialing 101.
that is a copy of the newspaper article that is getting released on 30th december
  • Like 3

have sorted it with the air ambulance and there correcting it honestly its enough to make me mad - tonya

didnt even know they had posted that otherwise it would have been put right last week

the is being pulled today as its misrepresentation of whats happened