Bad Day

Lost my big dog "Chase" yesterday, driving along the road after a dissapointing day on the hill with a young terrier in the motor who had just failed and feeling rather low, i spotted my wife walking our two lurchers across a field adjacent to the road ...I was telling my mate she is keeping them on the lead beacause there is a lot of quarry in the wood above and the dogs will hunt up off the lead and be gone for ages so she will be taking them for a walk down to the shore to let them have a run without them hunting away anywhere........some 20 mins later I drove out the lane onto the road and saw a car stopped on the road....my heart sunk when i saw my wife standing holding a dog lead and only one dog with her......It turned out that what she always considered a safe place for her to let them off had a deer laid up in some gorse ......the big dog winded it and knocked it up....deer went over wall onto road and Chase followed...he was hit by a passing car and killed instantly......he was only 18 months old and was the family favourite, a real character and a real prospect.....we are absolutely gutted. We have lost dogs before as Im sure most of you have but losing this fella who to us was a bit special has knocked us all for six.....we buried him in the garden as the wife wanted to keep him close and I dont mind saying there wasnt a dry eye from any of us as we laid him in the ground.

young dog

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for your lose mate fecking deer can be a pain need a cull badly it's the same side of motorways full of them sorry for your lose such a young dog as well glad thete was no one else hurt in the a

Just want to thank you all for your kind words, showed the thread to my wife who has took the loss quite hard as it happened "on her watch" as she puts it, she is very grateful for your comments.

Sorry to hear that sad day n feel for ya wife to..

That's shit news mate. And just like the saying you never know what's around the corner. But 1 thing I will say is the dog was in his element chasing that deer it could of been a rabbit or other game he was doing what he was bred for.

All the best King.

• Like 1