Paris Shooting And Possibly Grenades Tonight

First aiders are amateur volunteers there as a stop gap till the professionals arrive, if you were lay dieing in a pool of blood you wouldnt tell tell the first aider to f**k off as you only want help of a qualified surgeon same as youd be happy to see armed civillians if you were in that theatre on friday.

Not to mention, case studies of the effects of CCW law introduction in the US have showed that such legislation results in no increase in accidental deaths.

Armed citizens that want the responsibility that CCW carries aren't the headless chickens that some seem to think. And that's precisely what it is, it's a social responsibility.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found out my family are all safe! WHOOHOO! My cousin was at the stadium with his son. I am relieved but feeling very angry right now.

Its all ok though because " they wont frighten us into staying at home ".......we,ll all show " solidarity " to the French......and we can all light some more candles and hold hands again !   If you

Muslims are upping the ante in France as they are a high percentage of the population now. This is nothing new, the same thing has happenedand and is happening in numerous countries, eg happened in In

Posted Images

First aiders are amateur volunteers there as a stop gap till the professionals arrive, if you were lay dieing in a pool of blood you wouldnt tell tell the first aider to f**k off as you only want help of a qualified surgeon same as youd be happy to see armed civillians if you were in that theatre on friday.

The " something is better than nothing " theory applies to many things in life..........thousands of everyday Joe's across Britain trained to fire a gun walking the streets 24/7 waiting for that one special moment is not something that theory applies to in my opinion.

• Like 1

As I am sure Socks will tell you, as good as the British Army is (and I happen to think it's the best in the world) there are still some complete no hopers in its ranks who shouldn't be allowed a water pistol ! Lol

Like Most jobs, simply being a member of something is no guarantee of competence.

I know former armed anti terrorist officers who absolutely used to Cain the booze and coke.

Professional training and continued assessment of vetted people of good character would be absolutely fine.

• Like 2

In the light of the Paris shootings I think the law needs to change to allow let's say 20% of the general,population of that country carry a concealed weapon ... The people vetted and licensed should be ex firearm police officers and ex servicemen that have done a minimum time in the forces of ten years and were qualified weapon instructors ... If only one person had a weapon in that rock concert the fatalities would have been much lower ......

Sounds perfectly sensible to allow people with a long and proven track record to carry a concealed weapon......its the day course Andy Mcnab wannabee,s im not so sure of.

It doesn't have to be a day course :laugh:

It could be far more stringent than military weapon handling tests,there will be people who post on here much more competent than a lot of soldiers.

I would like to know who the people on here are that are much more competent than soldiers .......

I mean in terms of safety and marksmanship,not battle procedure.

I have a couple of friends who've never been in the military who are better shots than me and at least as safe.

You only need to look at some new South African recruits who've been shooting since they were 5 and actually understand how a rifle works,compare them to some of the less competent trained soldiers.

• Like 1

Call me old fashioned but if my house is burning down i want to see the fire brigade.....if my car breaks down i want to see a mechanic.......toothache = dentist etc

While i accept in an emergency anyone who has the correct tool kit is a result........in general trained proven experts in their field on average do the job most efficiently and you like to think that in a developed world like we currently live in you can get the right man for the job......its simple common sense to me.

Call me old fashioned but if my house is burning down i want to see the fire brigade.....if my car breaks down i want to see a mechanic.......toothache = dentist etc

While i accept in an emergency anyone who has the correct tool kit is a result........in general trained proven experts in their field on average do the job most efficiently and you like to think that in a developed world like we currently live in you can get the right man for the job......its simple common sense to me.

But given the correct training gun carrying "citizens" would be trained, proven experts in the field.

If idiots want to carry guns they will carry guns wether they are legal or not. Europe specifically France is one of the biggest arms dealers in the world. So it's ok for our countries to sell weapons to our enemies in the East yet we ban our right to defend ourselves?

Edited by DogFox123

For arguments sake,say the civilians were expected to pass a course much harder in terms of safety and marksmanship than soldiers/police,would they be qualified enough for you then?

Without a shadow of a doubt you are correct. If I'm shopping on the high-street and an Islamic hit squad start shooting the place up I want a fully tooled up SAS squadron to immediately kick the doors in and do what they do best. They're the best in the world and I want nothing short of that. In France at that rock concert, as soon as the French counter terror team got on the scene they went in and ended things like well honed professionals, but 89 are still in the morgue...

Fact is they're not always around the corner for us, the police aren't always around to protect us from nasty people. The vast majority of the time you're on your own. And that's why some people want the right to carry. To save lives until the professionals turn up.

Without a shadow of a doubt you are correct. If I'm shopping on the high-street and an Islamic hit squad start shooting the place up I want a fully tooled up SAS squadron to immediately kick the doors in and do what they do best. They're the best in the world and I want nothing short of that. In France at that rock concert, as soon as the French counter terror team got on the scene they went in and ended things like well honed professionals, but 89 are still in the morgue...

Fact is they're not always around the corner for us, the police aren't always around to protect us from nasty people. The vast majority of the time you're on your own. And that's why some people want the right to carry. To save lives until the professionals turn up.

Did it not take them 2 hours to get in there?

When seconds count they're hours away.

Did it not take them 2 hours to get in there?

When seconds count they're hours away.

GIGN carried out the assault. I know regular police had cordoned the place off. Were the GIGN on the scene for two hours while people were being executed? I doubt it but it sounds like regular police were.

IMO as soon as they knew people were being executed and had the right team present they would have gone in. But the point stands, they weren't there when needed.

Just heard on the radio about the minutes silence today, Nicola sturgeon joined the local Muslims at a mosque here in Glasgow to stand side by side with them during this? Surly there is French people/family's here that she could have stood with? In fact I know there is as we seen them aswell as locals out in town the other daypost-11231-0-27210700-1447676376_thumb.jpg

Just heard on the radio about the minutes silence today, Nicola sturgeon joined the local Muslims at a mosque here in Glasgow to stand side by side with them during this? Surly there is French people/family's here that she could have stood with? In fact I know there is as we seen them aswell as locals out in town the other dayattachicon.gifimage.jpg

scotlandistan now??? Her n merkel are cut from the same cloth, the mussies are so hard done by she needs an obe