Too many lads are jumping on gear too young and too soon after entering a gym. I've been in and around gyms for 12 years and never touched a steroid. Not to say I won't one day, I certainly aren't against them, so who knows. I just think you need to be in a position where you have reached your maximum lifting potential and maximum natural size before you think about taking them. Not to mention eating and resting correctly aswell as having a full understanding of PCT.

Lots of lads jump on the juice and end up at a size what they could easily of achieved naturally with a bit of thought and dedication...

One argument is that they should of stayed off the juice and achieved it naturally and not had any of the risks or side affects.

My argument is that they should of waited, achieved it naturally and THEN juiced.

Each to their own. Stay safe lads and don't put anything before your health. Research it properly, then spend another year thinking about it while you train your arse off ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Genuine post here, Dog fox you look in good shape there mate, now the lads who had the best strength to fitness type balance I have ever seen were all wiry fuckers, strong as an Ox but lean and hard a

After a fairly thought provoking couple of years ive finally got my head around a couple of quotes on the subject.   " what we,ve always wanted we dont always get.....but also what we,ve always want

f**k THAT.

Posted Images

Wouldn't be steroids on the World Cup mate all of them would be tested !!

You got to remember those lads are full time rugby players they get the right food right training and the right recovery with out having to work!

Edit to say ! Gym training in is my friends gym he use to play rugby but through injury had to stop he's only 26 but his gym is perfect for athletes and he puts a route week for week on the board and gives diet plans to the boys all my local clubs train their pre season and some the lads are doing great I was there full time for 3 months before my injury and i was getting fitter fast and stronger than ever before just a good gym routine and diet goes a bloody long way

Wouldn't be steroids on the World Cup mate all of them would be tested !!

You got to remember those lads are full time rugby players they get the right food right training and the right recovery with out having to work!

Edit to say ! Gym training in is my friends gym he use to play rugby but through injury had to stop he's only 26 but his gym is perfect for athletes and he puts a route week for week on the board and gives diet plans to the boys all my local clubs train their pre season and some the lads are doing great I was there full time for 3 months before my injury and i was getting fitter fast and stronger than ever before just a good gym routine and diet goes a bloody long way

Steroids have been and most certainly are used in rugby today.

• Like 1

Im not saying its bullshit mate i wouldnt be that ignorant or bad mannered........but i do find it hard to believe.....guys of 6 ft 4 at 14/15 stone are just not built for powerlifting......and at 18 years old he is nowhere near his true man strength hence competition lifting has categories up to under 23 sometimes under 25 in some federations.......under 18 at 93kg,s id be confident in saying those are British record lifts.........your sure your not getting kg,s mixed up with lb,s ......only you went from metric on his lifts to imperial on his bodyweight :D

I know what you're saying, but I'm only going on what ive been told,I think the BP could be wrong but I don't think the deadlift is. Thats why I'd like to get him up and see what he can do. When I told my elder nephew what I could do in kgs he said the young lad could do the 240 on DL.

With the imperial and metric I tend to stick to my body weight I imperial out of habit. I use metric when comparing my weight to what I can lift as a comparison. In the 90's in London I did stock control in a couple of London hotels before everything went metric so was able to use both and convert fairly easily.

In fairness not once have you come across ignorant or bad mannered in any of your replies in any posts.

• Like 1

240kg isn't a unbelievable amount for a deadlift, I was pulling 200kg natural at 13 odd stone at 5'10" and knew that wasn't my full potential as I'd had my legs and back a lot stronger in the past from squats before I even did deadlifts. Will try and crack the 200kg plus next year...

240kg isn't a unbelievable amount for a deadlift, I was pulling 200kg natural at 13 odd stone at 5'10" and knew that wasn't my full potential as I'd had my legs and back a lot stronger in the past from squats before I even did deadlifts. Will try and crack the 200kg plus next year...

It's a fair amount for a lad that doesn't lift though, especially a 'long lever'. At 11.5st I can pull 200kg fairly comfortably. But I have been lifting a short while now. If all we have been told is true the strength gains that lad would probably see with a regular powerlifting routine would shoot his DL up to 300 in no time I'd of thought. Maybe he's just a natural but just with tweaks to form and getting comfortable with the lift technique would see a significant boost in the weight, never mind any actual size gains and neuromuscular improvements which are the obvious factors in increased strength.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

It's not, but he said the lad had never lifted. And was 18 years old.

That's freakish natural strength. Lol

It's a fair amount for a lad that doesn't lift though, especially a 'long lever'. At 11.5st I can pull 200kg fairly comfortably. But I have been lifting a short while now. If all we have been told is true the strength gains that lad would probably see with a regular powerlifting routine would shoot his DL up to 300 in no time I'd of thought. Maybe he's just a natural but just with tweaks to form and getting comfortable with the lift technique would see a significant boost in the weight, never mind any actual size gains and neuromuscular improvements which are the obvious factors in increased strength.

Are you doing a 200 kilo deadlift?,,,,thats very good at your weight if you are,,, that's 440 lbs,,, at a body weight of 160

• Like 2

Are you doing a 200 kilo deadlift?,,,,thats very good at your weight if you are,,, that's 440 lbs,,, at a body weight of 160

Yes mate, 200kg plus the clips from a sumo stance. Dropped the intensity over the past month to give my nervous system a break and upped the volume, starting to combine some heavy days back in to hopefully get my 5 plate dead some time around the new year.

I'm only 5'9" so have a bit of an advantage but I'm not a heavily built fella at all (obviously), just 'athletic' and generally posterior chain dominant which helps.

It just highlights how impressive it is for a long lever type to make a big deadlift, especially when the stats for the other lifts show reasonable balance in strength.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Cheers gnash, just summat I been thinking about. Never bothered with any fitness and in army it was thought of as a chore tbh. My lad been doing boxing trying for a year now and I see the difference in him, so iv started doing some cardio and different excersize just now and weights seem to be next step lol

What a nice thing to read......it really doesnt matter where the motivation comes from.....as in,whatever gets someone up and active.....but its good to see the ol man motivated by the young lad its usually the other way round.....good luck to you :thumbs:

Some of the rugby players at the World Cup have fairly impressive physiques combined with functional strength. How do they make their gains? Juice?

Rugby players have rugby players physiques....bodybuilders have bodybuilders physiques......anybody can " get big " thats not difficult at all......but bodybuilding isnt just about getting big and impressive its about everything from symmetry to posture to condition.....steroids are not a one size fits all magic pill.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Its not an unbelievable amount for an experienced lifter of 5 ft 10...................but for a novice who doesnt know how to push their hips through correctly a 530 lb deadlift at 6 ft 4 is remarkable core strength the likes of which ive seldom ever seen.......i wouldnt allow anybody of that height and weight who i knew had never lifted before to try to lift a 500+ lb barbell.......grip strength comes with age,unless he was strapped an 18 year old with that sort of grip strength alone is remarkable.

• Like 1