Chip-Shop/cafe?

tanning salons seem to be good shops....the owners always have flash cars lol.

Jokes aside a mate of mine was talking about opening a chip shop not too long ago. Dunno where he got the idea from n didnt ask enough to get an idea of if hed really go for it. Think a healthy eating gaff in a half decent area with the hipsters n yuppies will do better than a chip shop. Got those two brothers opened a shop just to sell people bowls of breakfast lol.

You think those street gym things will close alot of gyms gnash? I honestly thought a problem would be those huge gyms that open up n charge next to nothing. The street gyms the things been built in the parks? Old area has one and its got a few bits but wouldnt of thought it would even come close to an actual gym. Maybe something different from what your on about or maybe im wrong.

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my missus owned a café up until recently when ill health forced her to sell ... a very nice profit in the food game mate but location and footfall is key ... she also learned that buying medium end fo

Are you trying to compete with Morton for the "Most Insufferable Cnut" award?

If your talking short term you'll probably do ok but long term personally i think that type of thing will struggle.....Healthy eating will be bombarding us day and night over the coming years just loo

my missus owned a café up until recently when ill health forced her to sell ... a very nice profit in the food game mate but location and footfall is key ... she also learned that buying medium end food rather than cheap shit meant she had a lot of return custom .......

That's the trouble with the Turkish owned cafe's round this way, good service and very clean but the food is really low end.

I don't use them now unless I am really desperate, trouble is I don't know of any English owned ones now.

I guess a lot of people will eat shit as long as there is a large pile of chips on top.

Jacks is english owned mate,and theres one on staines road thats got an english owner.

Theres silly money in the food game socks,my sis was in it,her sis-in-law has a restaurant in weybridge high street that she has just done up,bought next doors property to extend and that wasnt cheap.

My mate was manager of harry ramsdens in Hong Kong,I used to go backstage often,watched his potato-peeling and chip slicing machines in action,used to get a load of ex-pat custom until Bretts seafood which was aussie i think,set up closeby as competition.

Footfall max,correct,I am going up to sunderland for the day on saturday to have a look at one,observe it from outside as my mates have said it doesnt get much custom but its got a leasehold pricetag of 75k?

hate them chippies that dont throw in a handfull of chips when you order a fish,pastie ect.,,yrs ago our local chippie used to set a few chips on top of the paper for the kid who was sent .prob stopped them from opening the parcel n stalein a few lol.anybody ever suck the vinegar off the paper when use was kids :laugh:

• Like 1

Got those two brothers opened a shop just to sell people bowls of breakfast lol.

g.

Cereal-killers.I am in kingston upon thames at the minute,i just passed a breakfast cereal cafe near the station,newly opened,got coco-pops boxes in the window,i they are yuppie pop-up fads without longevity to be honest.

Got those two brothers opened a shop just to sell people bowls of breakfast lol.

g.

Cereal-killers.I am in kingston upon thames at the minute,i just passed a breakfast cereal cafe near the station,newly opened,got coco-pops boxes in the window,i they are yuppie pop-up fads without longevity to be honest.

Surprised anyone goes there at all tbh lol. If your hungry and want to est out youd want real food not a bowl of coco pops.

My mother runs a chippy and I think its shite food but always packed. On the only row of shops right in the middle of a rough council estate. Every kid growing up there knows all the staff. Heck its my mates mums and the referee we had for school football. Owners of the shop work one shift a week each but holiday 5/6 times a year for up to a month and often go up north to see there kid. Location is all that makes that shop money

well we guess that by the size of you !

As said locations every thing near a school for the lunch time market and night clubs etc for night time

good idea, but i don't think they would allow you to have a chippy near a school these days, we lived in SE kent and the councils were shutting them down with in a certain radius of the school gates, as they didn't want the kids having chips for dinner, because the kids are fatter these days.

my missus owned a café up until recently when ill health forced her to sell ... a very nice profit in the food game mate but location and footfall is key ... she also learned that buying medium end food rather than cheap shit meant she had a lot of return custom .......

That's the trouble with the Turkish owned cafe's round this way, good service and very clean but the food is really low end.

I don't use them now unless I am really desperate, trouble is I don't know of any English owned ones now.

I guess a lot of people will eat shit as long as there is a large pile of chips on top.

Iv noticed yiur not far from me ?

Jacks in Ashford high street is English mate

Bunters cafe in hanworth is English just of the 316 aswell all decent grub.

New one in Ashford Been open a year or so now is chesters and you wont get much better of a salt beef sandwich than in there.