keepdiggin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proper...good time.. dawgs...  

I happen to live in the hunter valley where the ACD was developed. The area around Muswellbrook, Aberdeen and Scone were they developed is a very hilly country with steep deep gullies thick with scru

A friend of mine works one on cattle here in England.it's quite compact and very protective of him and vehicles ect.doesn't have the gathering instinct like the collies but it will push and drive catt

If they have a lot of drive to get ahold of something how well could they work on a calling stand mostly want one to let me know when game is coming and blood tracking like a deer stacking dog would do under a high set would you think they would want to take out after one coming in or rip on up

my cattle dog x would definitely blood scent , I have tinkered with it with him,now he has matured he would sit quiet with you waiting for deer, but as a young dog his prey drive was too strong, and he was very stubborn, I am not saying they are all like that but mine was, he is a different dog now,
  • Like 1

Mostly any dog I have seen that had hunting blood was like that when they are young the reasons I got interested in them were they are very smart and if they can bay a hog they could probably handle fox coyote and bobcat the only thing is were we hunt fur do you think they can learn not to rip up game when they find it

Mostly any dog I have seen that had hunting blood was like that when they are young the reasons I got interested in them were they are very smart and if they can bay a hog they could probably handle fox coyote and bobcat the only thing is were we hunt fur do you think they can learn not to rip up game when they find it

first year he was Heavy mouthed, he has got better each yr last year he was very good, as he has matured he's steadied down a lot,

Although most of the heelers in the UK I've heard about have been KC reg, and therefore a bit barrel-chested, I've twice seen one in Portsmouth which is much more "worky" in appearance...more like a chunky collie or "litter wastage" from a collie cross litter. In this case though it was imported from France.

Thinking maybe what I need is a x like they use for hogs what would you all say the main game we are looking at is fox coon bobcat and coyote we use game callers bait and trapping so need one that could sit with you on a stand and be able to pick up on one coming to the stand with out taking out on it then blood track after the shot or when working the trap line be able to track animals to the dens or track one that pulled off a trap and bay it until I get to it what do you all think would a pure blood have it in them for work like that or maybe a x if so what kind of x would you recommend