Further Update On New Lurcher Association

I get it now... I think!!

2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who to join, or we can join both..

Throw into the mix conflicting hunting forums, a big dose of face book, and there's ruffled feathers all round lol..

The only thing that baffles me a bit is why it wasn't until the new group came about were we all privvy to everything about the old group and its working, I would think this site is one of the biggest in the country ( by number of people) surely this should've been known by all, touting for members, monthly bulletins, maybe even a whole page on the site dedicated to workings of the organisation??

Just seems it was very low key until the new group came about, is it based on a who you know type basis?

LOL

• Like 3

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who to join, or we can join both..

Throw into the mix conflicting hunting forums, a big dose of face book, and there's ruffled feathers all round lol..

The only thing that baffles me a bit is why it wasn't until the new group came about were we all privvy to everything about the old group and its working, I would think this site is one of the biggest in the country ( by number of people) surely this should've been known by all, touting for members, monthly bulletins, maybe even a whole page on the site dedicated to workings of the organisation??

Just seems it was very low key until the new group came about, is it based on a who you know type basis?

LOL

One things for sure this is either really over complicated or us lurcher owners are easily confused lol

• Like 4

LOL

One things for sure this is either really over complicated or us lurcher owners are easily confused lol

Its all a clever ploy to sort the wheat from the chaff mun Kev.......the next test is filling a form out. :D

• Like 1

no link to THL then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

edited to add, a bit rich that, given all the links you have put up on here to your site and FB page..........

No malice was intended, the web page designer ( if thats the correct word ) is not a member on here, So I am asking formally would You like, or Ian b like a link to the awl page?

maybe the correct thing to do, would have been to contact this sites owner prior to posting links to your own sites or any others
If both clubs are working in the interest of lurchers why should there be a problem......or this one if them "us and them" type things?

wow my heads mashed with all chatter,,,,one things for sure should we really be considering having two clubs,one big club moving forward would surely be beneficial to all lurchers and their owners

We need at LEAST two clubs mate, possibly three.

If we had only one, our chief to indian ratio would be well out of whack. . . . . . . . .

:whistling:

It would be easier to have one group , but I agree with posts regarding old group only came to light after new one appeared also what has old group managed to achieve in last 20 years , time for new blood I feel so I am backing lcgb let's get this up and running instead of talking about both clubs when will this club be up and running ?

• Like 2

Yes I'd like an honest reply please

Y.I.S Leeview

When we spoke to Tim, the steering group were lead to believe that Alan was up to speed on the role of the steering group and that he had had email discussions with 2 members of that group. I even asked him openly on this forum if he was aware of the agenda. I got no answer as the thread was locked. All discussions with Tim were based about the vision for LAGBI as a new group. He agreed with the plan that we presented and the path that was chosen. When asked about Alan and the ALC, he said "thats down to you and Alan to sort out". The first thing after that meeting to sort out was a direct contact with Alan to see what involvement he wanted going forward. We attempted to do that. We have still heard nothing back.

With regards to the plan B, you are right. We did not have one. We did not need one. Our objective was to investigate the opportunities with the CA and other parties and then present the findings as a detailed package to the rest of those interested from the start. We did that. Some of those interested parties have chosen to ignore the work that those that started it wanted to be done.

So you were speaking with Tim on the 15th of October and the said topic was locked on the 9th September,

"the steering group were lead to believe that Alan was up to speed" who lead you to believe that?

Y.I.S Leeview

Alan Tyers

courser

Born Hunter

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 122 posts
  • en.gif

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Desertbred, I fully concur with your last post and as I already knew, you have a lot to offer. I look forward to our cup of tea (and if we are lucky, my wife Barbara might supply some cake) People like yourself and others, Leeview, flynn, Giro, Dewclaw69 and others that I may have missed, sorry if I have, are the backbone of any endeavor to bring about change. In the first instance, subject to agreement, I put forward the name "the Alliance for the Working Longdog" This would be the name to be used by a steering group to get the ball rolling. I have the documentation needed to present "the Alliance for the Working Longdog" as a viable organisation. I will just need to make some changes and with the help of a steering group that, if agreed opon, will start the ball rolling until a committee can voted upon and we can get the day to day items sorted out.. In the first instance, I ask if you the lurcher/longdog owners wants this, If so please let me know. Thanks, must go to Giro for starting all this with his post.

"Festina Lente"

Alan Tyer

Would this all have kicked off if those involved in the "old" club had been invited to be involved in the forming of the new club?

i believe they were

Well we now know 2 clubs pay your money take your chance with one of them or both ,but if the old club count not stop the ban will the be able to have it overturned ?

overturning the ban is a pipedream in my opinion, any group will have its work cut out just keeping what we have left mate.

• Like 6

Well we now know 2 clubs pay your money take your chance with one of them or both ,but if the old club count not stop the ban will the be able to have it overturned ?

overturning the ban is a pipedream in my opinion, any group will have its work cut out just keeping what we have left mate.

won't affect me as ban hasn't come in to force in my location, but just like lurcher men to get a fair viewing

If you look at the awl website the only articles are from this month.

thats because its a new site i think mate,.....looks alright to be honest. seemed a bit slow to load the pics mind, but that could just be my shite wifi.