Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

The ALC did have a active web site, that has since closed due to the ban, for obvious reasons.

The Chair of the ALC was active during the pre ban talks,along side the other fractions.

I would like to say at this point, no door is or should be ever closed, we ALL have the same goals in common.

Further negocations haven't been ruled out, as I had stated, not at this time :thumbs:

On behalf of the AWL ~ I would like to say, lets try to work for the common good, the * lurcher/Longdog* and all that we ( LAGBI and AWL ) are passionate about.

• Like 4

The ALC did have a active web site, that has since closed due to the ban, for obvious reasons.

The Chair of the ALC was active during the pre ban talks,along side the other fractions.

I would like to say at this point, no door is or should be ever closed, we ALL have the same goals in common.

Further negocations haven't been ruled out, as I had stated, not at this time :thumbs:

On behalf of the AWL ~ I would like to say, lets try to work for the common good, the * lurcher/Longdog* and all that we ( LAGBI and AWL ) are passionate about.

iam right in thinking awl got asked if they wanted to join lagbi ,but have declined at the present moment In time ? Edited by scottish lurcher

while it true that two clubs that show lurchers and there owners in a good light is a good thing,

like been said before not many people had heard of awl untill the steering group of LAGBI started the ball rolling.

yes it true that they both could work together as they both have a common goal. at the moment it seems like them and us.

we can only hope that the ban gets over turned, Education is the way forward stopping the idiots that post pictures on social media ie facebook twiter would be a good start.

I know where my money going LAGBI all the way.

• Like 1

iam right in thinking awl got asked if they wanted to join lagbi ,but have declined at the present moment In time ?

Alan offered his help and chair, before LAGBI was set up , the topic was locked, so he could no longer interact.

Too many been on the lagbi steering group an jumping ship next day, threatening to leave because someone posts something they dont like, dont think some could hack it tbh

Who has Left Lagbi? some did for personal reasons but now are all back on board and more keen than ever misinformation. being conveyed doesnt serve any purpose does it . ATB

Max: the worst things about this whole debacle is that it has been played out on the internet. The birth of anything new is never easy, and given the space and time to consolidate ideas, people and direction, progress will be and is being made. It would be a mistake to take everything that is said on the internet as gospel, for situations change, and peoples' ideas crystallise, and new opportunities arise from what might be seen as a problem situation.

To my mind there is, and never has been, any need for conflict between apparently opposing organisations. Pride, prejudice and misinformation have been the cause of the unfortunate rifts that we have seen so far. Once again, because of a failure to sit down and thrash things out in person. The internet is a powerful tool, but it is just a tool, and not the place where serious planning and communication should take place, still less on a forum where opinions are so polarised and we cannot speak, ask, reply directly with the wealth of emotions that is needed for real progress between human beings.

This internet site holds just a tiny percentage of lurcher owners. Let us not assume that it holds the whole lurcher world in its clutches.

• Like 10

DB personal stuff will crop up all the time.

Anyone sitting on a Commitie needs to be able to work thru personal dilemmas and stay focused .

If anyone can't committ to that they shouldn't be there in the first place .

It helps no one and nothing to be one minute in the next out

Then back on board ect.

Not being pedantic Max its a steering group the Committee will be elected as and when it is possible. The steering group have other commitments outside of the association and are giving up their free time and own money to do something for lurchers and their owners. sUpport for which ever group is required not criticism ATB DB

I like the fact things went tits up and it's being put to rights, out in the open, for all to see, warts and all. Shows who's got some thing to hide and who' not. The only one's moaning, are those that were caught out. And these are the ones to avoid. ;)

• Like 1

Max: the worst things about this whole debacle is that it has been played out on the internet. The birth of anything new is never easy, and given the space and time to consolidate ideas, people and direction, progress will be and is being made. It would be a mistake to take everything that is said on the internet as gospel, for situations change, and peoples' ideas crystallise, and new opportunities arise from what might be seen as a problem situation.

To my mind there is, and never has been, any need for conflict between apparently opposing organisations. Pride, prejudice and misinformation have been the cause of the unfortunate rifts that we have seen so far. Once again, because of a failure to sit down and thrash things out in person. The internet is a powerful tool, but it is just a tool, and not the place where serious planning and communication should take place, still less on a forum where opinions are so polarised and we cannot speak, ask, reply directly with the wealth of emotions that is needed for real progress between human beings.

This internet site holds just a tiny percentage of lurcher owners. Let us not assume that it holds the whole lurcher world in its clutches.

I agree with most of what Skycat is saying, I posted my thoughts in earlier pages, whilst its good to let people know what is happening it has gone far past that, the slanging match between two organisations is doing the cause more harm than good, the old guard ALC have a lot to offer, the new LAGBI are keen and enthusiastic, the whole of this post needs deleted from HL, all that has been said need wiped clear and start again with a clean slate, they need to sit down and talk in a proper scheduled and minuted meeting.

Someone asked why the ALC are the recognised organisation for Lurchers/Longdogs, 20 years ago a few of the larger lurcher clubs all wanted to be involved with the CA and COH, the CA would not deal with several clubs or representatives pulling in different directions, they wanted one organisation to represent Lurchers/Longdogs, hence the ALC were formed, yes there were initial problems within the other Clubs but eventually it was the only way forward to ensure the Lurcher/ Longdogs had a voice and representation.

The self same is happening now, I doubt very much if the CA policy has changed, they will only want one organisation to represent us, and they still have the ALC as that organisation, what needs to happen now is what happened 20 years ago, ALC, LAGBI and the major Clubs need to meet, and in a civilsed manner, take the whole movement forward through the ALC with new Committee in place and representatives of each group within that committee, if it doesnt happen progress will not be made and the infighting will continue and a true alliance/association or whatever will never be achieved.

• Like 4

I think the CA will deal with either Club as its in there interest financialy and otherwise but if the new club bigger for instance then likely they would get the seat too represent the cause same awl would continue too hold seat if they got bigger membership

If nobody's done nothing for ten years then surely the bigger club emerging should get the chance too represent the cause?

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

You can't have an alliance of clubs, with out clubs for that alliance, the more clubs the better. And I don't want one voice, I want a f****n choir. :thumbs:

There are loads of clubs out there already, many regional ones as like the NWTF have, they need an organisation to pull them all in together, and all the lone hunters who arent attached to clubs, all lurcher/longdog owners should be able to join the organisation, Im not talking of two dozen members of HL or 3-4 clubs associated to the ALC, they need to mobile all clubs and owners into one.