Update On The National Lurcher Club.

Same old same old, we posted the broad aims of the group and if people would like to support it that would be good, if they feel they want to support another group or club that’s fine too, but get on and do something.

To my mind this is about our voice as much as anything else, we will get all the support we can from other organisations but we need a voice. In the recent discussions about hunting we didn’t get a mention or nod and if laws are being written then we could very easily lose what little we have as the pie is divided up amongst the hunts, shooting etc unless we sort ourselves out.

Then we need a platform to redress some of the bad publicity we have and will suffer in the future.

These seem pretty straightforward aims and a few have contacted already and I will get back to all.

Regards

there is only 1 post on what you were up to in what nearly a month on this forum and the OP has been removed completely WHY? how do we know whats been going on on the secret forum

Y.I.S Leeview

there is no secret forum and if there was it wouldn't be a secret if everyone knows about it :laugh:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am here again! Thank you Flynn, very kind of you. A momentary glitch now sorted out. Age has a few advantages, and dare I say it, having seen many times over the years the results of bitter infighti

As long as it is not done for personal gain why knock these guys? anyone who can make a stand no matter how small against legislation or future legislation needs encouragement, all the best lads...sti

I have been reading the posts on this subject and have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurch

Desertbred Why do you want to support lurcher folk when you have stated you run purebreds? there is a perfectly good coursing saluki club recognised by the CA and the CHA :hmm: Do you have issues with this club? In your religion how would you dispatch a hare? I ask because we had a following of muslims and one meeting they brought some friends who wanted to dispatch the hares to their beliefs, it was not allowed by our rules and were told in no uncertain terms

Y.I.S Leeview

A lot of my friends run lurchers so why shouldnt I have an affinity to support them in their sport.? I dont have any grievance with any saluki club. Now what has my religion got to do with this Topic? I can and will answeryou at the appropriate time as most with any knowledge would know the answer to the hunting and despatch of game according to Islam apparently you dont but want to comment on something you dont know.anything about.

thats why I asked you so you could tell me the truth of what happens

Y.I.S Leeview

Same old same old, we posted the broad aims of the group and if people would like to support it that would be good, if they feel they want to support another group or club that’s fine too, but get on and do something.

To my mind this is about our voice as much as anything else, we will get all the support we can from other organisations but we need a voice. In the recent discussions about hunting we didn’t get a mention or nod and if laws are being written then we could very easily lose what little we have as the pie is divided up amongst the hunts, shooting etc unless we sort ourselves out.

Then we need a platform to redress some of the bad publicity we have and will suffer in the future.

These seem pretty straightforward aims and a few have contacted already and I will get back to all.

Regards

there is only 1 post on what you were up to in what nearly a month on this forum and the OP has been removed completely WHY? how do we know whats been going on on the secret forum

Y.I.S Leeview

there is no secret forum and if there was it wouldn't be a secret if everyone knows about it :laugh:

there is a hidden forum already set up on THL, i have asked ian to give me the ability to add members to it, we can then discuss on the site away from all the other posts on the threads

4th September you posted this

Y.I.S Leeview :yes:

IMO everyone should get behind Alan Tyres and the ALC

He's been seen and is known to Tim Bonner

Alan has stuck with it from the beginning and should be supported IMO

Look this new group was 5 now it's 3

And it's a month old

Alan has Longevity ' IMO everyone should get behind this guy.

Yes Area representatives is the way with Alan steering the ship IMO .

95% of lurcherfolk (not coursing folk) had never heard of, or forgotten about the ALC before this thread started. The ALC is/was stuck with the past history of essentially supporting the course clubs. As much as we all would like to return to the halcyon days of "pre-ban" and will do all we can to campaign for that ban to be lifted,Those days are long gone. In the current environment, a "working lurcher federation" needs to represent those who work within the current laws.

I think Alan was more aware of that fact, than Your giving him credit for trenchfoot, his experience of dealings with the CA and parliament were the core of his work, and still are for that matter, he gave his imput into the original post, to be swept aside as a *has been* , please dont tell me I am wrong, as i have a very good memory.

Come to think of it a lot of folk ( IE: Giro!! ) who had an imput have been swept aside and felt left out of the loop, transparency we was told from the off set.

This should never have gotten to be a about EGOS .......

Everything should be driven towards bringing the Lurcher/Longdog. into a good light, in so many aspects of Lurcher work and play.

To do so , one must have a voice, a LOUD voice, each sector of fieldsports is fighting its own corner, talk of amendments and repeals will come, my vote as its always been remains behind Alan. :thumbs:

Lets hope this topic does not get deleted this time or locked

Good, glad your supporting something, if all supported something we might not be in this position.

Now back to the subject in hand.

This is about some people trying to get on and make a difference; i struggle to see why any lurcherman would have a problem with that???? So if everyone supports who they want, and gets on with it, everyone’s happy. Please if anyone feels that trolling this is helping lurchers one wonders as to their motives??

IMO everyone should get behind Alan Tyres and the ALC

He's been seen and is known to Tim Bonner

Alan has stuck with it from the beginning and should be supported IMO

Look this new group was 5 now it's 3

And it's a month old

Alan has Longevity ' IMO everyone should get behind this guy.

Yes Area representatives is the way with Alan steering the ship IMO .

95% of lurcherfolk (not coursing folk) had never heard of, or forgotten about the ALC before this thread started. The ALC is/was stuck with the past history of essentially supporting the course clubs. As much as we all would like to return to the halcyon days of "pre-ban" and will do all we can to campaign for that ban to be lifted,Those days are long gone. In the current environment, a "working lurcher federation" needs to represent those who work within the current laws.

I think Alan was more aware of that fact, than Your giving him credit for trenchfoot, his experience of dealings with the CA and parliament were the core of his work, and still are for that matter, he gave his imput into the original post, to be swept aside as a *has been* , please dont tell me I am wrong, as i have a very good memory.

Come to think of it a lot of folk ( IE: Giro!! ) who had an imput have been swept aside and felt left out of the loop, transparency we was told from the off set.

This should never have gotten to be a about EGOS .......

Everything should be driven towards bringing the Lurcher/Longdog. into a good light, in so many aspects of Lurcher work and play.

To do so , one must have a voice, a LOUD voice, each sector of fieldsports is fighting its own corner, talk of amendments and repeals will come, my vote as its always been remains behind Alan. :thumbs:

Lets hope this topic does not get deleted this time or locked

We have heeded Alan's word well. The basis for this group came about after Tim Bonner admitted that the working lurcher and its owners had been under-represented. Alan also appeared prepared to support a new group as and when necessary. His experience could well be vital. However, as of yet, we have had no further discussion with the CA. Once that has happened, I envisage that a clear vision for the best working partnership between lurcher owners and the Countryside Alliance.

I have no personal ego polishing to do with this exercise. And to date non of the steering group have either. We all share the sentiments that you expressed with regards to what any "lurcher club" should be about. Lets see what next weeks meeting throws up.

• Like 1

One thing that intrest me and has never been aired...

What happened to the first group that got together with a proposal for a club ?? Paula, JD, Skycat etc??

What was going well and where did it fall apart and disband? ?

One thing to bare in mind is our shared goal. .

Transparency is key ,if any club wants members to get involved..

I think any commities need a diverse and robust team..

It is a massive comittment and responsibility, stepping up and publicaly representing feild sports and lurcher work.

There are a lot of questions I'd like to hear from Alan Tyler. Such as how often does this hunting council meet and what we're the resent perposals regarding amendment apposed to the free vote..

I've had correspondence with my local MP and in his words "he sees an admednent, a more viable compremise"

Will the hunting council be seeking a full repeal or settle for additional hounds ??

Regards

Y.I.S Leeview

there is a hidden forum already set up on THL, i have asked ian to give me the ability to add members to it, we can then discuss on the site away from all the other posts on the threads

4th September you posted this

Y.I.S Leeview :yes:

Did you want us to exchange all our personal details in public, telephone number etc, most of our contact has been via email, should I publish my email address??? A secret forum??? What do you think I am licenced to kill secret agent sandymere lol….. B)

Now if you want to join say so if you want to join elsewhere then wonderful, I’m happy with either. So do you have something to offer or are you just trolling???

• Like 1

One thing that intrest me and has never been aired...

What happened to the first group that got together with a proposal for a club ?? Paula, JD, Skycat etc??

What was going well and where did it fall apart and disband? ?

One thing to bare in mind is our shared goal. .

Transparency is key ,if any club wants members to get involved..

I think any commities need a diverse and robust team..

It is a massive comittment and responsibility, stepping up and publicaly representing feild sports and lurcher work.

There are a lot of questions I'd like to hear from Alan Tyler. Such as how often does this hunting council meet and what we're the resent perposals regarding amendment apposed to the free vote..

I've had correspondence with my local MP and in his words "he sees an admednent, a more viable compremise"

Will the hunting council be seeking a full repeal or settle for additional hounds ??

Giro,

Those that were involved were those that turned up and like you have as many questions as answers. We needed to start somewhere so got on with it, there is nothing hidden just a draught of a mission statement and a meeting with the ca, nothing secret, as I’ve already posted. The ca should be able to give us advice and hopefully support and this can grow and evolve over the next year or so.

I have been reading the posts on this subject and have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurcher Clubs, The ALC was the Lurcher Organisation the Countryside Alliance recognised as the main representative of Luchers with them and the Council of Hunting. Many of the Countryside Alliance County Committees had a Lurcher Representative as the local voice for Lurchers. During this time a Lurcher Submission was also produced for the ALC by a member (Which can be found online) in the defence of Lurcher work, this was part of the Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs.

For any new organisation to be accepted by the other COH members it needs to be a proper structured club, with rules and a constitution, also for its members to abide by the rules and hunt within the Hunting Act, including poaching tresspass etc otherwise they wont be taken seriously or accepted. I also think that Alan Tyers would be a valuable member of any Committee with his experience, parliamentary knowledge and past history, after all this will be new ground for all new steering groups or committee. Also you might do well by contacting all the main Lurcher Clubs to enter discussions and for their support, you will need them on side.

On the negative side the CA and Masters of Foxhounds Associations etc never wanted Lurcher people before all the Hunting Ban was discussed in Parliament back in the 1990's, they suddenly did to swell numbers on marches and for lobbying MP's etc, all recent discussions of a repeal of the Hunting Act has only mentioned hunting with hounds....be aware and keep you eye on the ball, good luck with the venture.

• Like 7