Fen Dogs Vs Lurchers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless your into showing or chasing plastic bags lurcher clubs as such are past their sell by date. The running situation requires that things are done on a low key and need to know basis. If you are

Buttons is mark brick lads and he's just trying for a rise to his spoken bollocks as usual ..

A good documentary would do is the world of good, as opposed to some clowns on gypsy programmes poaching

why you english lads into dogs retrieving,seen a few natural retrievers here but nobody i know bothers with training, sitting and lie down the same,

Why fag it to the other end of a field, when the dog can fetch it back. Also as regards sit/down/stay and heel ect, well it all comes in handy and makes for a better behaved dog. Just makeslife easier in general. Atb

• Like 3

To be honest I think retrieve is very important I couldnt be arsed chaseing my dog across the field and wrestling a rabbit of him I'm much rather put the time in and have the dog retrieve to hand and for me i think it improves the bond with you and dog it show he's working hard and still gives you there catch up without a thort for them self a ture loyal friend and is ready to rocket after the next one atb guys

• Like 2

Someone on THL, does not like the truth, Brookie, wrote a post telling the truth about a certain member on this thread, the truth how his dog killed a leveret, the size of rabbit,

Now brookies post has disappeared, that is totally wrong, why should a members post, be deleted?????? especially when it was the truth about the match,

• Like 2

Someone on THL, does not like the truth, Brookie, wrote a post telling the truth about a certain member on this thread, the truth how his dog killed a leveret, the size of rabbit,

Now brookies post has disappeared, that is totally wrong, why should a members post, be deleted?????? especially when it was the truth about the match,

personnel differences should be just that, i removed it and the others, discuses the topic and do the other crap via PM`s

Alite guys iv heard the term fen dogs and wasnt sure what a fen dog is ? What the difference between a fen dog and lurcher sorry for such a stupid question atb

Fen dogs are bred for ego,s and the thieves that thrive on the brass thats to made out of them,a lurcher is bred to be owned,educated and enjoyed for the joyous reward of a days hunting and the said activity,then to be stolen by a fecking ego that could not source a Fen dog.

Alite guys iv heard the term fen dogs and wasnt sure what a fen dog is ? What the difference between a fen dog and lurcher sorry for such a stupid question atb

Fen dogs are bred for ego,s and the thieves that thrive on the brass thats to made out of them,a lurcher is bred to be owned,educated and enjoyed for the joyous reward of a days hunting and the said activity,then to be stolen by a fecking ego that could not source a Fen dog.

What a lot off utter rubbish. Fen dogs coursing dogs call them what you will, but to say they are owned by egotistical thieves is a stupid statement. Many coursing lads are just in it too see a nice race and money doesn't come into it, coursing isn't my thing but I can appreciate the hard work and breeding that goes into it. Some local lads I know are all hard working lads that keep fen dogs and often have a 3hr drive to the fens at the wknd in season. There not interested in making any coin from it, just like to see a good dog put a bend or two in. They have no wish to go lamping ferreting mooching with there deerhound beddie jukels, it aint there chosen sport.

Honestly morton/c greenham yet again you are on every thread spouting your bollocks, you really are a plummer type fantasist. .

• Like 6

I don't understand all this 'fen dog' nonsense and how some lads think dogs that can catch on a fen are plodders. I've seen plenty of dogs run on fenland and many of those could catch anywhere, big land or small. Good dogs catch anywhere. :thumbs:

However, IMO there's not many roustabout lurchers that would be able to do much with a good fenland hare....... :icon_redface:

• Like 7

What a lot off utter rubbish. Fen dogs coursing dogs call them what you will, but to say they are owned by egotistical thieves is a stupid statement. Many coursing lads are just in it too see a nice race and money doesn't come into it, coursing isn't my thing but I can appreciate the hard work and breeding that goes into it. Some local lads I know are all hard working lads that keep fen dogs and often have a 3hr drive to the fens at the wknd in season. There not interested in making any coin from it, just like to see a good dog put a bend or two in. They have no wish to go lamping ferreting mooching with there deerhound beddie jukels, it aint there chosen sport.

Honestly morton/c greenham yet again you are on every thread spouting your bollocks, you really are a plummer type fantasist. .

well said sir

• Like 1

I just read this from start to finish (only cos its raining) a wise man once wrote that a dog bred to kill hares will catch more rabbits than a dog bred to catch rabbits will kill hares. and we aren't talking about blinding them first. when I first started with running dogs it was because our mongrel couldnot catch a hare. she had loads of rabbits so I thought in my childs eyes a whippet would fit the bill. what I ended up with was a beddy whippet cross pure saluki. I still don't think in forty odd years I realy had one better. she was brought up mouching and ferreting and did very well but her coursing brain was outstanding. it was this that got me into coursing I could easily have gone into lamping dogs as this cross is ideal for that to. so sometimes coursing dogs and lurchers can be one and the same. atb two crows.

• Like 5